Graphics Cards related queries here.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I am not talking about the OCing part. Radeon Pro as a whole tool, all of its functionalities.

Anything in the green camp, or is it compatible with nVidia too?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not talking about the OCing part. Radeon Pro as a whole tool, all of its functionalities.

Anything in the green camp, or is it compatible with nVidia too?

Try these :

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS GPU Tweak for Graphics cards
Afterburner | MSI Gaming Series
EVGA - Software - EVGA PrecisionX 16

don't OC if you don't wish too but MSI AFB can be used to show fps, gpu speed, load temp, cpu speed, memory load and other whole lots of infos on the OSD. All hail to Rivatuner server :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Try these :

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS GPU Tweak for Graphics cards

don't OC if you don't wish too but MSI AFB can be used to show fps, gpu speed, load temp, cpu speed, memory load and other whole lots of infos on the OSD. All hail to Rivatuner server :D
Will do. Thank you.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Try these :

+1 to this. Rivatuner server is figging good, one-stop solution for all monitoring activities, heck it can even take good quality SS and save it with JPEG format directly unlike with fraps.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I installed the package. but i need to sort out the stuff and GUI before progressing on to using it with the games.

good to know i can use it to take screenshots.
[MENTION=150630]sam_738844[/MENTION] : you are using a 970, along with the NVIDIA software package, right?? have you used the shadowplay thing? the one that captures screen vids. can you use it to take screen shots?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I installed the package. but i need to sort out the stuff and GUI before progressing on to using it with the games.

good to know i can use it to take screenshots.
[MENTION=150630]sam_738844[/MENTION] : you are using a 970, along with the NVIDIA software package, right?? have you used the shadowplay thing? the one that captures screen vids. can you use it to take screen shots?

ShadowPlay is mainly focused on streaming. Meaning if you have used any other streaming service like XSplit Gamecaster or the like, ShadowPlay is undoubtedly the best in class.

For example, the encoder is H.264 video encoder, which is superb, records up to the last 20 minutes of gameplay in Shadow Mode ( which can be changed and optimized )
Records unlimited length video in Manual Mode ( Shadow, Manual, Shadow+ Manual )
Broadcasts to Twitch
Records up to 4K resolution at 130 Mbps
Minimal performance impact, which i like the most along with the awesome quality video it captures and saves, almost no frame drops, no lag nothing.

Now coming to the Screenshot part, nvidia did not include this feature with shadowplay for some stupid reason...which I believe was one hot-key away and they still ignored it. I tracked it in forum too..

*forums.geforce.com/default/topic/7...reenshot-via-shadowplay/post/4259748/#4259748

So I keep MSI AB always on BG anyway, since I have OC'ed profile loaded and custom fan speeds, the RT Stat Server gives me ample options to include in the on screen display, including Core wise CPU temps, Fan-speed, VRAM usage...

Bottom Line is Geforce Exp is a good app, ShadowPlay is great for streaming, neither have SS func. so..MSI AB FTW.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=150630]sam_738844[/MENTION] : thank you for the detailed info!! :)

great companies companies consistently make stupid decisions. what would it take for them to add the SS functionality?

anyway. MSI AB is the way to go.

random wild question: did you try running Radeon pro with nVidia cards??

- - - Updated - - -

one more query:

i saw this on my GPU too, but forgot to ask..

*www.vortez.net/articles_thumb/30838_msi%20r9%20390x%20gaming%208g%20review%20-%20heatsink%20off.jpg

taken from: *www.vortez.net/articles_pages/msi_r9_390x_gaming_8g_review,5.html

This says that the GPU pipes are Copper.

on the other hand, this is my cooler: *www.3dnews.ru/assets/external/illustrations/2013/01/10/640054/Cooler_Master_Hyper_212X.jpg

This is proper Copper.

So whats up with the GPU pipes? Are they Anodised or processed through some other chemical process to make them corrosion resistant??

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^Probably plated with Nickel To avoid corrosion, copper is pretty much susceptible to forming Cu₃(OH)₂(CO₃)₂ and CuSo4 Compounds in contact with air, specially with much ambient humidity. CM Cooler's are copper pipe too, with a copper-paint i guess.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thought so. and yes, you are correct about the copper-paint part. its a thin layer of laquer-like material, to prevent Cu₃(OH)₂(CO₃)₂ and CuSO4 deposition.

When will the price of GTX 980 decline in indian market? Its been a while with emergence of 390X and R9 fury X, the price of 980 has significantly declined in the US Market, but the changes haven't taken place in india.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Will this be available locally? - ASUS GRAPHICS CARD R7 250 1GB DDR5 Amazon.in: Buy ASUS GRAPHICS CARD R7 250 1GB DDR5 Online at Low Prices in India | Asus Reviews & Ratings

I am looking for a replacement for my HD4670 which is apparently gasping with another which does not need extra power connector and has current driver support on Linux.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Should be available and if you can't find it get Sapphire which is also very good in quality.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Some reviews mention that cards with GDDR memory were much slower than ones with DDR memory. Saphire one listed on Flipkart seems to have GDDR memory hence the hesitation. Anyway it is going to be far better than my present one I guess so thank you.
I will ask a cousin in Bangalore to search first.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Some reviews mention that cards with GDDR memory were much slower than ones with DDR memory. Saphire one listed on Flipkart seems to have GDDR memory hence the hesitation. Anyway it is going to be far better than my present one I guess so thank you.
I will ask a cousin in Bangalore to search first.

GDDR5 (graphics memory) is a branch of DDR3 (main memory) .. GDDR5 is currently the fastest mainstream GPU architecture, behind HBM which hasnt been popularised yet.. GDDR3 (sometimes incorrectly labelled DDR3 is slower than GDDR5, and hence you should avoid at all costs)

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
OK. So rather than getting confused between GDDR and DDR, I should concentrate on the number at the end, either 3 or 5 with 5 being faster. Thank you.

Top Bottom