Graphics Cards related queries here.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Oops. Thanks for the link. But would the price drops really reflect here in India?
BTW, if I decide to wait for the Tonga, it won't come to India before September right?

it might. tonga may probably get released in august, but i am not sure about their release in india. you may have to wait.

blackedition91

Extreme Gamer
it might. tonga may probably get released in august, but i am not sure about their release in india. you may have to wait.

The wait may be a problem. I have been on opboard GPU since last Dec and have got tired of it. Bought loads of games during the recent Steam sales. Wanna play some of them. Based on recent history, how long do you think it might take for the price drops?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I know. I don't know when will the price cut reflect in India.
Waiting game is really boring. That r9 280 is at good price. You can go ahead. But do not regret later;)

blackedition91

Extreme Gamer
^^Thanks guys. I started looking around and got to know that Asus R9 280X DCII Top has severe artifacting issues. So the chances of it making it to R9 280 are high. Knowing how much of a pain replacements and RMAs are, here in India, I thought of getting something different.
I thought of getting an R9 270X 4GB. I know 4GB is an overkill for the card. But 2GB is too risky. Some games have already started taking up close to 2GB. Some games in the next 1-2 years may start taking up 2.2-2.5GB. Moreover, I install a lot of map and texture mods. I have faced VRAM shortage issues with mods before. So will play safe this time.

Coming to the actual question,
Here is the product,
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 270X with Boost OC 4 GB DDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com

WSRetail has overpriced this product by almost 2K. There is a seller selling it at 16180. The price is similar to MD Computers' price of 16.2K. Has anyone had experience with the seller Onlinezone on flipkart? Would it be safe to buy from him?

ravi847

Journeyman
- - - Updated - - -

IMO you should get the sapphire r9 280x vapor-x
Don't go for 270x or 280
I don't think vapor-x has artifacting issues

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Thanks guys. I started looking around and got to know that Asus R9 280X DCII Top has severe artifacting issues. So the chances of it making it to R9 280 are high. Knowing how much of a pain replacements and RMAs are, here in India, I thought of getting something different.
I thought of getting an R9 270X 4GB. I know 4GB is an overkill for the card. But 2GB is too risky. Some games have already started taking up close to 2GB. Some games in the next 1-2 years may start taking up 2.2-2.5GB. Moreover, I install a lot of map and texture mods. I have faced VRAM shortage issues with mods before. So will play safe this time.

Coming to the actual question,
Here is the product,
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 270X with Boost OC 4 GB DDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com

WSRetail has overpriced this product by almost 2K. There is a seller selling it at 16180. The price is similar to MD Computers' price of 16.2K. Has anyone had experience with the seller Onlinezone on flipkart? Would it be safe to buy from him?

Can't comment on onlinezone but so far I've bought many items from such 3rd party sellers advertising their products on sites like flipkart/snapdeal/ebay and so far the experience is positive. FK is trusted by most people so if you buy a product from a 3rd party seller on FK I think you're somehow in safe hands .. just make sure the seller has some really nice positive feedback score and positive feedbacks from recent buyers. The only thing still you need to take care of is mixing model name / numbers. Often sellers do things like that. Like advertising Vapor X OC / DC 2 OC while they are still selling the non OC version. Even offline shops are no exception. But I think thigs like this can be easily sorted out.

blackedition91

Extreme Gamer
- - - Updated - - -

IMO you should get the sapphire r9 280x vapor-x
Don't go for 270x or 280
I don't think vapor-x has artifacting issues

Thanks. But 280X is way out of my budget. 15K was my original budget.

Can't comment on onlinezone but so far I've bought many items from such 3rd party sellers advertising their products on sites like flipkart/snapdeal/ebay and so far the experience is positive. FK is trusted by most people so if you buy a product from a 3rd party seller on FK I think you're somehow in safe hands .. just make sure the seller has some really nice positive feedback score and positive feedbacks from recent buyers. The only thing still you need to take care of is mixing model name / numbers. Often sellers do things like that. Like advertising Vapor X OC / DC 2 OC while they are still selling the non OC version. Even offline shops are no exception. But I think thigs like this can be easily sorted out.

Thanks. I looked at his recent feedbacks. They are not that good. Some people have complained of poor packaging, tampered MRP stickers etc. Not sure what to do.

BTW, I asked the MD Computers guy if the Sapphire R9 280X 4GB comes with an open box, this was what he had to say,
Yes Sir, it also comes with open seal but if still you
do not believe ‎us then we can mail you the images of all the products of Sapphire from Rs.5000 - Rs.50,000 that all the seals are opened.

Do let me know what you guys make of this.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me too got an open box of Sapphire 6950 from Lynx India some 4 years back. Had queried them and gotten the same "testing" reply. Card is still running strong btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the serial no. of the card had registered fine at Sapphire website. No prob there.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Me too got an open box of Sapphire 6950 from Lynx India some 4 years back. Had queried them and gotten the same "testing" reply. Card is still running strong btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the serial no. of the card had registered fine at Sapphire website. No prob there.

this is not what a consumer wants! why pack and then test instead of test and then pack ?

sam_ir

Broken In
HI,
I want to buy Graphics card for my pc,
Can anyone suggest? I don't want to change my motherboard or any other component.
My specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz
Intel DG33FB motherboard
RAM 2 GB DDR2 800Mhz
HDD 1 TB
Power Supply 550W 230V

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
HI,
I want to buy Graphics card for my pc,
Can anyone suggest? I don't want to change my motherboard or any other component.
My specs:
Intel DG33FB motherboard
RAM 2 GB DDR2 800Mhz
HDD 1 TB
Power Supply 550W 230V

budget? make and model of psu?

sam_ir

Broken In
budget? make and model of psu?

Budget is around 5000, Actually I bought Asus Gt 630 2GB DDR3 card from Flipkart.
But when I inserted it and started pc, pc didn't go further than starting Intel logo.
It stuck at that logo screen and gave 1 beep every 30 seconds 3 time and 4th time it beeped quickly
and display went blank only fans in the cabinet were on. I did everything from cmos clearance to removing cleaning RAM, PSU and processor also. But no use, so I returned it back to flipkart.
That's why I am asking which is suitable card for my pc?

My PSU: Name is POWER FOCUS and below the name is 550W 230v printed, It is 5-6 years old no complains yet,
and I don't want to change it.

My specs:
Intel DG33FB motherboard
RAM 2 GB DDR2 800Mhz
HDD 1 TB
Power Supply 550W 230V POWER FOCUS

blackedition91

Extreme Gamer

- - - Updated - - -

this is not what a consumer wants! why pack and then test instead of test and then pack ?

Thanks for the info.

I contacted theitdepot and got to know that the 280X that they have in stock comes with factory seal. So, I think the MD guy is lying. What say?

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=114693]blackedition91[/MENTION] As it is already said every product is sealed. I would say [MENTION=1270]Skud[/MENTION] is lucky

Top Bottom