Graphics Cards related queries here.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
HOW RELIABLE IS MDCOMPUTERS.IN

They say if not contacted within 24 hours of delivery they won't give any refund/replacement even if the card is DOA. Seems fishy

They are fully reliable like other -flipkart,snapdeal..etc

Many members of our forum have brought products from them and had good experience and service support :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
they should change their policy about 24 hours.

i am looking for best graphic card for my rig,
need little help.

Config is;

Processor: Intel core i5 e2500 3.30ghz
Mainboard: Intel DH61WW
Ram: Corsair XMS 4gb x 2 ddr3 ram
GPU: Power Color HD 6670
PSU: Cooler Master extreme power plus 460w
Cabinet: Cooler Master elite 310
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

no budget as such, but i dont wanna change power supply at the moment

Iam thinking about Sapphire HD 7850 OC / Zotac GTX660 /GTX560

any suggestions

If possible just get a HD7870 / R9 270x but seriously change the PSU first.

dante

Right off the assembly line
they should change their policy about 24 hours.

If possible just get a HD7870 / R9 270x but seriously change the PSU first.

Going to buy a new PC/server next year, for my labs in Hyper V.
so i dont wanna invest more than PSU atm.

If you guys are insisting i can change my PSU to Corsair GS600W

Corsair CMPSU-GS600W 600 Watts PSU - Corsair: Flipkart.com.

also will R9 and 7870 go on my motherboard without any issues?

Here is a good news for hard core PC Gaming lovers. The price of GTX 780 and 770 will go down to 499 and 325$ respectively. Any idea how much will it be reduced in indian market?

HARDOCP - Big Price Cuts for GeForce GTX 780 & 770 Tomorrow, GTX 780 Ti Coming 11-7

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hello,
I want to purchase a new Graphic card.Narrowed my choices to the AMD R9 280X by Sapphire for 23k and the NVIDIA GTX 770 (after the recent price drop)-15$ more than the R9 now*.My question is an AMD vs NVIDIA one,sorry for that.AMD is not currently offering any free games on their new R9 series afaik in India...Does anyone with an NVIDIA card know whether any free games are being offered with NVIDIA cards? I run a multi monitor setup with my primary monitor of 1600x900 resolution (though I may upgrade in a few months).Games I want to play-Arma 3,Batman Arkham Origins,BF4,Far Cry 3 plus some old games like Max Payne 3,GTA 4,BF3 etc.My system-
AMD FX 8350 Black Edition.
16Gb G.Skill RipJawsX.
GPU--??
PSU-Corsair TX 850V2 .
* If the 770 is a better choice,am prepared to wait till the price drops from it's current price.
Can anybody help me out?I have already talked to a Sapphire dealer in Nehru place and will be getting the Dual-X (needs confirmation,forgot to confirm :p )

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Hello,
I want to purchase a new Graphic card.Narrowed my choices to the AMD R9 280X by Sapphire for 23k and the NVIDIA GTX 770 (after the recent price drop)-15$ more than the R9 now*.My question is an AMD vs NVIDIA one,sorry for that.AMD is not currently offering any free games on their new R9 series afaik in India...Does anyone with an NVIDIA card know whether any free games are being offered with NVIDIA cards? I run a multi monitor setup with my primary monitor of 1600x900 resolution (though I may upgrade in a few months).Games I want to play-Arma 3,Batman Arkham Origins,BF4,Far Cry 3 plus some old games like Max Payne 3,GTA 4,BF3 etc.My system-
AMD FX 8350 Black Edition.
16Gb G.Skill RipJawsX.
GPU--??
PSU-Corsair TX 850V2 .
* If the 770 is a better choice,am prepared to wait till the price drops from it's current price.
Can anybody help me out?I have already talked to a Sapphire dealer in Nehru place and will be getting the Dual-X (needs confirmation,forgot to confirm :p )

Go with r9 280x as it performs mostly same as gtx 770 and also it costs 7k less than gtx 770

moltenskull

Journeyman
Ok,thank you,ASHISH65! :) I have owned both NVIDIA and AMD cards ,but NVIDIA seemed better with drivers,Physx and In-Built Stereoscopic 3D support...That is why was feeling a bit confused with the recent rumored price drop in NVIDIA's prices. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Taking a look at R9 280X's price, getting it is a no brainer when compared to GTX 770.

moltenskull

Journeyman
Umm,on Newegg-the price for a GTX 770 by MSI is 330$ and last time I checked(quite some time has passed),the 280X was for 300$.Converting 30$ to rupees,you get around 2k.Sorry for sounding like a no-brainer,but I thought the price of the 770 before the price drop was 330$...:D...activating Arkham City with Steam has given me a big headache and in my happiness when I finally solved it,I misread something somewhere...My apologies...:)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Umm,on Newegg-the price for a GTX 770 by MSI is 330$ and last time I checked(quite some time has passed),the 280X was for 300$.Converting 30$ to rupees,you get around 2k.Sorry for sounding like a no-brainer,but I thought the price of the 770 before the price drop was 330$...:D...activating Arkham City with Steam has given me a big headache and in my happiness when I finally solved it,I misread something somewhere...My apologies...:)
What are the prices in India anyway? How much time does it take for those prices to reflect. We don't have Newegg here, sorry. :)

moltenskull

Journeyman
@ico - Agreed ,but was just foolishly trying to calculate and translate us dollars in terms of Indian Rupee..So hurriedly checked the prices on Newegg.:D :D Anyway,if you are asking,the price of a Sapphire R9 280X is 23k with taxes at Nehru Place...At least that is what they told me...And the MSI R9 280x costs 26-27k..I called up to enquire about the MSI one as well,to check prices and they told me that only two pieces had been imported and you should place your order soon...:rolleyes: Umm,what was that about a no-brainer? :D

Edit:''Here''?I am not in the US,am living in India...:D As I said before,I did not check local prices but just grabbed the first Google reference that came up...

@maverick786us - Ok ...I take your word for it...reinforces my decision and tilts the favor heavily towards AMD...Thanks! :)

Last edited:

moltenskull

Journeyman
I bought my AMD R9 280X Dual-X from Sapphire.I have a question (which is not worthy of a dedicated thread ;) ).My GPU has two fans and both are spinning but the second fan is not detected in monitoring programs.Should I be worried?

ankush28

Bazinga
I bought my AMD R9 280X Dual-X from Sapphire.I have a question (which is not worthy of a dedicated thread ;) ).My GPU has two fans and both are spinning but the second fan is not detected in monitoring programs.Should I be worried?

Which program you are using? 3rd party? By sapphire? By AMD?

moltenskull

Journeyman
@quad_core - Pics of the card?Card is already installed into my system,buddy...did it yesterday night after spending half of yesterday at Nehru place...Just couldn't wait to fire it up after getting back home!! :D :D

@ankush28 - I am using Afterburner and HWinFO.Only 1 GPU fan reading is there....

Also,how do I run multi-monitor Setups with this card?I have a spare Acer monitor,which I would like to use and even bought a DVI-D to VGA adapter but it turned out to be a scam! :( The Acer Display is not being detected....Can anyone help me out? :)

@quad_core - Don't worry.Will be receiving a replacement for my HD 6850 probably on Saturday/Monday.Will have to take out the R9 for testing the 6850.Then will take pics and post them here...:)

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
*www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4812#ov

Anyone have any idea how much this may cost?

I love Gigabyte Card and thinking to get one ...

Top Bottom