Graphics Cards related queries here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you are really badly confused. you have PM'd me & posted about GPU so many times in so many different thread. get HD6670 only. no playing with voltage is not safe. usually you'll have to flash a new bios that allow higher voltage.

koolent

Youngling
^ uhh.. I am really sorry for being that confused, actually I have to regulate the budgets.. I am sure that this one is the final one...

Well, yep playing with BIOS is not reccomended.. So, I basically want to know that how can I OC it, afterburner ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
memory can be overclocked by 100Mhz using AMD CCC. Core can be overclocked 100-150Mhz using same software but beyond that afterburner is required.

koolent

Youngling
ok.. So basically everything except overvolting can be done by afterberner ?? Even the fan speed ?? I don't think the shader clock can be increased .. ??

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Afterburner-Recommneded Highly for All Kind Of GPU Overclocking for beginners to play on safe side without much confusion.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ please stop acting like a noob. HD6670 is sufficient for most games. overclocking it at stock voltage is the best you should do. other than asingh (jaskanwar has done as his GPU has dual bios), nobody else here have tried this flashing thing. so first buy then overclock and play.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Most of the suggestions you guys are making is not getting into his head properly..
BTW koolent with reference to your reply to Skuds's post i assume you are not known to exact meaning of paperweight which is synonymous to JUNK.

Stop worrying about Which BIOS to flash to your new GPU Until you havent used it yourself and have not gone unsatisfied with its performance.

koolent

Youngling
^^ That helps.. Sorry fr acting like that SAM.. :p. I will OC it to its limits first and then if I am not satisfied (0.0000...1% chance), I will contact Him then.. Thanks.. :).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.. :p

sabchat

Broken In
I want to buy the HD 6670.Which brand should I buy it? How much PSU do I need to run alongwith i7 2600k and 16gb ram? Thanks in advance

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I want to buy the HD 6670.Which brand should I buy it? How much PSU do I need to run alongwith i7 2600k and 16gb ram? Thanks in advance

The least I would recommend is to get this- CORSAIR GS600 Gaming Series 600W Power Supply

are you into Overclocking?

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Sapphire is good but MSI Dual fan version is better and available at the same price.

Koolen, first buy the GPU, check its performance with different games, do some mild overclocking. Once you're familar with all those stuffs, then try overvolting, BIOS modding etc. However, I don't think BIOS mod of HD 6850 will work with a HD 6670.
Listen carefully, BIOS mod only works with same cards of different versions most of the time. For example you can flush the BIOS of a reference HD 6850 with the BIOS of a MSI Cyclone overclocked version of 6850.

In other case BIOS MOD work when a lower level card is basically partially disabled version of a higher end card by using BIOS setting. For example HD 6970 and HD 6950. Some versions of HD 6950 are basically HD 6970 with one shader processor clusters disabled in BIOS. Here BIOS mod of a HD 6970 into a HD 6950 can unlock the later one to the former one.

In your case, since HD 6670 is not the shader disabled version of any higher end cards, you can only try with the 1st option. But first get accustomed with overclocking and then go for that.

Top Bottom