Graphics Cards related queries here.

yugendra

Right off the assembly line
Today i brought this MSI N520GT-MD2GD3/LP Graphic card for RS 4500 /- . Can any one tell me the exact present market price of this card . I think this graphic card costs less than the price i brought for ?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^too much over priced. a Zotac is available for 2.6k -
ZOTAC GeForce GT 520 1GB G.One Signature Edition

for that price you can get a 5670 which is much much better.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today i brought this MSI N520GT-MD2GD3/LP Graphic card for RS 4500 /- . Can any one tell me the exact present market price of this card . I think this graphic card costs less than the price i brought for ?
Sorry to be rude. But for the price you paid, it is waste of money and can't even play games.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149788-graphic-card-suggestion.html - I hope you had read the suggestions which were given to you here.

clear_lot

Journeyman
^ i remember reading an article somewhere about nvidia quadro Vs geforce cards.

the tester flashed the BIOS of quadro cards on comparable geforce cards and installed the quadro drivers on his PC.
to his surprise, the geforce cards performed about 60-70% of the quadro card. which proves that nvidia cripple their geforce cards to force people to buy expensive quadro cards.
not a bad business strategy, i would say.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^ i remember reading an article somewhere about nvidia quadro Vs geforce cards.

the tester flashed the BIOS of quadro cards on comparable geforce cards and installed the quadro drivers on his PC.
to his surprise, the geforce cards performed about 60-70% of the quadro card. which proves that nvidia cripple their geforce cards to force people to buy expensive quadro cards.
not a bad business strategy, i would say.
Quadro cards have ECC memory. That helps.

Re: Does PCIe2.1 graphics card work fully on Motherboards with PCIe1.1?

Dear All Members,

My board is P5QPL-AM - AsusTek
chipset Intel G41. Processor Intel Pentium 4.
having Expansion slot x PCIe x16 1 Support PCIe 1.1 Architecture.
Recently I have purchased ATI Radeon HD 5450 DDR3, 1GB which is having technical specification PCI Express 2.1 x16 bus interface

But I don't see any or slight improvement in graphic performance. is it because my motherboard is not designed to work with PCI e2.1?

Please suggest me what I should do to have my graphics card fully functional?

Thankyou all.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Does PCIe2.1 graphics card work fully on Motherboards with PCIe1.1?

Dear All Members,

My board is P5QPL-AM - AsusTek
chipset Intel G41. Processor Intel Pentium 4.
having Expansion slot x PCIe x16 1 Support PCIe 1.1 Architecture.
Recently I have purchased ATI Radeon HD 5450 DDR3, 1GB which is having technical specification PCI Express 2.1 x16 bus interface

But I don't see any or slight improvement in graphic performance. is it because my motherboard is not designed to work with PCI e2.1?

Please suggest me what I should do to have my graphics card fully functional?

Thankyou all.
Read this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...ormation-regarding-graphic-cards-newbies.html

PCIe slot revisions is not a problem.

Have you tried playing a game? Which card did you have earlier? HD 5450 is a low-end card btw. Real performance starts from HD 5570. We don't recommend HD 5450 to anyone.

But if you were using on-board Intel graphics earlier, then it is a pretty decent improvement nevertheless. Try playing games like FIFA 12, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2 et cetera.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, you need to play games to notice the improvement. Otherwise, you'll not notice it. :)

d3p

PowerHouse
@D6BMG: If i'm not wrong then OP is using " MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC " so 8600GTS might show some bling blings.

I agree, if OP has a 560ti then its just waste, but not in the same case with 6950.

Top Bottom