Graphics Cards related queries here.

papashango_cs

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hello !
i am a bit dissapointed with my rig, i expected A LOT BETTER performnce ! im getting 20-30 fps in gta 4 on HIGH settings (NOT MAX [resource usage 900/1005] )
here is my config ,
amd phenom x4 945 3.0
2 X 2 gb corsair 133mhz ddr3
MSI hd6850 1gb
500w psu
windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
--
i think the settings havent been done properly..
i know my rig can do better :(
please suggest me something !
i saw many people on youtube having a lower config , and still getting better fps !
i have turned off VSync..
wat more should i do ?!!
im sad :'(

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Maybe you playin in Full HD! Try to lower the resolution if you can and if I remember correct GTA IV has a auto detect feature, try to play in that.

papashango_cs

Broken In

Maybe you playin in Full HD! Try to lower the resolution if you can and if I remember correct GTA IV has a auto detect feature, try to play in that.
thanks !
and Now its working well, ultimate graphics with 22-40 fps in the streets and 55+ in the buildings ! , i'l be uploading some stunts on utube soon :)

clear_lot

Journeyman

^ tried oerclocking the card? ~ 10 fps increase is possible. read this article

*www.guru3d.com/article/msi-radeon-6850-cyclone-power-review/21

ganeshg

Broken In

hi friends
i am thinking to buy a gfx ati 5750 but there is a competetor that's nvidia gts 450 at the same price range. i have 500gb hdd, mobo with onboard ati gfx and 4gb ddr3 ram, win7 64bit.so which one would be better. also i want to know in terms of peformance which one is better like if i use an individual gfx or clubing an entry level gfx with onboard gfx............thanks

vwad

In the zone

hi friends
i am thinking to buy a gfx ati 5750 but there is a competetor that's nvidia gts 450 at the same price range. i have 500gb hdd, mobo with onboard ati gfx and 4gb ddr3 ram, win7 64bit.so which one would be better. also i want to know in terms of peformance which one is better like if i use an individual gfx or clubing an entry level gfx with onboard gfx............thanks

go for GTS 450 IMO. Its almost equal to ATI HD 5770 which is better than ATI HD 5750. :)

If you want to club the performance of onboard gfx and dedicated GPU, then you will have to go for HD 5770 so that you can hybrid crossfire, but for more details, you will have to wait for someone else because my knowledge is limited up to this level only. :)

In the meantime, please mention your PSU and motherboard name as it will help supporters on giving you advice.

ssb1551

Technomancer

^^I don't think GTS 450 is on par with 5770.5770 is better in performance than GTS450.

mohiuddin

Journeyman

Whats the best Graphics card for 10k
I only have core 2 duo do you think it will bottle neck my performance

get msi 6850 at 11k...if u can spend more try to buy msi 6850 cyclone or gigabyte winforce gv-685d5 1gd...if two of them r available don't miss them. Boss card.

^^I don't think GTS 450 is on par with 5770.5770 is better in performance than GTS450.

yea. It is almost equal to 5750.but i think 450 is a better deal.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer

^^Yeah...but I was of the opinion that 5770 is better than both 5750/450.

vwad

In the zone

^^Yeah...but I was of the opinion that 5770 is better than both 5750/450.

Hmm. I also have to agree. Further since he owns AMD motherboard with onboard ATI, 5770 seems to be apt option to go for. :)

papashango_cs

Broken In

help needed.. as usual :p
(amd phenom x4 945 | MSI hd6850 | 4gb ddr3 | 500w Zebronics PSU)
ok , i had installed GTA 4, it wasnt a legal copy(please ignore this for a while ;) ), when i started the game , i was geting 40 fps n sudden drops to 5-6 ! i did the benchmark test, wich is done on HIGH settings, i got average 51 fps ! CPU usage 80 % video memory usage 96 %
good.
i removed the game because of that choppy lag, i tried patching it , didnt work, it crashed..
then i installed GTA 4 EFLC (episodes frm librty city)
when i keep all the things on HIGH , i get 20-35 fps on the streets , BUT when i change the settings to MINIMUM , i just get 5-10 fps increase in those shitty graphics !
n when i did the benchmark test(on high settings), it showed avg 20.67 fps , CPU usage 80 %
video memory usage 40 % !! 40 ?!!?!?
how to solve this thing :S
please reply !
is something wrong with the card ? or the game ?!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ don't post same thing on two different threads ! Rest assured someone will read your post and reply back to you.

Install GTA4 once more - get the original version anyway- it's really cheap and update it with latest patches 1.0.0.7 or something like that.

Same goes for GTA4 EFLC.

GTA4 is a more cpu hungry game than gpu - so if you've installed cnq then before starting GTA4 set power scheme to always on - I've faced similar kind of issue cryostasis and it was fixed by this trick.

BTw, are you using the latest version of gfx drivers, drirectX and at what resolution you are playing anyway.

go for GTS 450 IMO. Its almost equal to ATI HD 5770 which is better than ATI HD 5750. :)

If you want to club the performance of onboard gfx and dedicated GPU, then you will have to go for HD 5770 so that you can hybrid crossfire, but for more details, you will have to wait for someone else because my knowledge is limited up to this level only. :)

In the meantime, please mention your PSU and motherboard name as it will help supporters on giving you advice.

HD5770 is more powerful than GTS450.

HD5770 does not support Hybrid CFX with mobos onboard gfx.

Last edited:

vwad

In the zone

^^ don't post same thing on two different threads ! Rest assured someone will read your post and reply back to you.

Install GTA4 once more - get the original version anyway- it's really cheap and update it with latest patches 1.0.0.7 or something like that.

Same goes for GTA4 EFLC.

GTA4 is a more cpu hungry game than gpu - so if you've installed cnq then before starting GTA4 set power scheme to always on - I've faced similar kind of in cryostasis and it was fixed by this trick.

BTw, are you using the latest version of gfx drivers, drirectX and at waht resolution you are playing anyway.

:banghead: :sorry:

mohiuddin

Journeyman

Same goes for GTA4 EFLC.

GTA4 is a more cpu hungry game than gpu - so if you've installed cnq then before starting GTA4 set power scheme to always on - I've faced similar kind of in cryostasis and it was fixed by this trick.

BTw, are you using the latest version of gfx drivers, drirectX and at waht resolution you are playing anyway.

great answer boss...
And yea, 5770 doesn't support hybrid cfx...
And about gta 4, i think cpu is bottlenecking in low setting

ssb1551

Technomancer

X4 945 runs at 3GHz.I don't think CPU is the bottleneck here.
topgear's way might work out for him.

clear_lot

Journeyman

from what i read on tomshardware review a few months back, gta is "core number" hungry. more the cores, better it is.

Grand Theft Auto 4 EFLC, And Announcing Part 2 : The Game Rundown: Finding CPU/GPU Bottlenecks, Part 1

and a happy new year to all of you!

Last edited:

vishalg

AMD Fanboy

guys is there a rule of thumb to find out if one's cpu\gpu is the bottleneck??

hdknitro

bringing the world down

what can i do to so that my HD6870 and my on board graphic card HD4250 can work hybridly?

Top Bottom