Graphics Cards related queries here.

prashantisonline

Super Natural
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

go and grap that 9600gt :p Its worth to buy the card :p

but before getting 9600gt check your psu also.

what psu U have :rolleyes: how much watts it is ??

I bought 9600GT 512 DDR3 Palit. However, I am not aware if that is going to need different PSU. My normal SMPS is of ADCOM with 400W output. I plugged one free power cable in Graphics card and its working fine as of now.
Not sure if that is going to create problem in hardcore gaming? Can you elaborate what possible problem can I face if I continue to use my normal SMPS. If not, what PSU I should be buying and how much that will cost! PHEW!!!! ... lot of questions here.
Thanks anyways.

rishabh9

Broken In

I heard somewhere in the forum that 9800GT was available for 7.3k. That was a good option for you, or get a HD4670 for 5.5k.
But don't forgot that these cards wont able to handle the games smoothly at higher resolutions.
So better stretch ur budget by another 2k and get a Palit HD4850 which will be more than enough for games u said.

@Rajkumar thanks for the suggestions. :p

I have just one doubt ... is my PSU (Corsair 450) sufficient for HD4850?

Rishabh

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks topgear.I purchased Palit HD 4850 for Rs 8800 (all inclusive) and cooler master 600w PSU for Rs 3530 from the addresses U had given.I"ll see if it is working with my PC.

Nice to hear that. Congrats for your purchase.

I bought 9600GT 512 DDR3 Palit. However, I am not aware if that is going to need different PSU. My normal SMPS is of ADCOM with 400W output. I plugged one free power cable in Graphics card and its working fine as of now.
Not sure if that is going to create problem in hardcore gaming? Can you elaborate what possible problem can I face if I continue to use my normal SMPS. If not, what PSU I should be buying and how much that will cost! PHEW!!!! ... lot of questions here.
Thanks anyways.

You have said you plugged one coonector from your psu to the gfx card.

I'm assuming it's pci-e power connector. Then It's all right though I don't know if any Adcom PSU comes with pci-e power conector.

or,

Are you using the power cable convertor which comes with your gfx card ?
If your PSU is a generic model of adcom 400W series you should upgrade to CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus atleast which is Rs. 2600.

For the probs after some days or month :

Your comp may be shutdown while gaming.
Your comp may not start at all.
You may see BSOD while gaming.
You comp may restart while gaming.

Overall your system may get very unstable.

@Rajkumar thanks for the suggestions. :p

I have just one doubt ... is my PSU (Corsair 450) sufficient for HD4850?

Rishabh

If it's corsair VX 450W then it should be just fine.

Last edited:

prashantisonline

Super Natural

I'm assuming it's pci-e power connector. Then It's all right though I don't know if any Adcom PSU comes with pci-e power conector.

or,

If your PSU is a generic model of adcom 400W series you should upgrade to CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus atleast which is Rs. 2600.

Thanks for elaboration.
My PSU does not have PCIE power connector. You are right that I used power cable convertor that came along with Gfx card. Therefore, I will soon think to buy a coolmaster PSU as you mentioned.
BTW, Lara is looking too stunning on 9600GT. Just wish I could meet her :)

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

The corsair VX450W @ Rs. 3900 is very good PSU & it's meant for gfx cards like HD4850.

I'm running palit 9600gt with a CoolerMaster 460W extreme Power Plus PSU which is enough for 9600GT & the Price is Rs. 2500 or so.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

guys go for corsair PSU if u want cheap so select the cooler master. Vx450 beat cooler master 650W PSU easily

pramod_kk

Broken In

Nice to hear that. Congrats for your purchase.

or,

If it's corsair VX 450W then it should be just fine.

That is why I like this forum so much.People like "topgear" and others giving so quick and relavant replies.
I would have bought corsair VX 450W instead of cooler master 600w had I got this information earlier.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

guys go for corsair PSU if u want cheap so select the cooler master. Vx450 beat cooler master 650W PSU easily
No, VX450W can never beat CM600W Extreme too.

VX450W
1x6 pin connector
85% efficiency = 383.5W

CM600W ExP
2x6 pin connector
75% efficiency = 420W

Do the math.

comp@addict care to elaborate on the above statement because I don't understand what you are implying.

D

Deleted member 26636

VX450W
1x6 pin connector
85% efficiency = 383.5W

CM600W ExP
2x6 pin connector
75% efficiency = 420W

Do the math.

i think cm600w has 70% efficiency.

MambaXL

Broken In

HD 4850 has more driver issues than 9800 GTX+.
HD 4850 is cheaper than 9800 GTX+.
HD 4850 is something which you dont buy every 6 months.
9800 GTX+ will easily stretch your gaming requirements for 3+ years (maybe more).
Actually 9800 GTX+ is faster than HD 4850.
And regarding power issues, you definitely need a good PSU, because eventually cheap PSUs can damage your mobo's capacitors.
Also, guys who dont have PCIe 2.0 slot, wont be getting too much diferrence while using either HD 4850 or 9800 GTX+.

Chipset matters but build quality matters too.
No manufacturer can match the build quality of ASUS and XFX. They are too damn good.

Google yourself through countless reviews that state that 9800 GTX+ is well worth than 4850 as their prices are falling. GOD bless Newton (lol)

Majority of gamers prefer HD 4850 because of the low power requirements, but if you are using either Corsair of CM PSU, then you are not using the true potential of that PSU.

Always try to get the maximum what you are paying for.

Afterall, NVIDIA is well known for their rock-solid driver support.

I dont want to hurt any ATI fanboys here neiher take the side of NVIDIA, but 9800 GTX+ is good.
It might not be way better than HD 4850, but you will get what you will pay for.
Maybe not now, but for years to come.

Bottom-line. Choose Smart, Buy Smarter

-MambaXL

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Power Supply efficiency means :

an 80% efficiency means that 80% of the power pulled from the power grid will be converted in power on the power supply outputs and only 20% will be wasted. This translates into less consumption from the power grid (as less power needs to be pulled in order to generate the same amount of power on its outputs), meaning lower electricity bills

from hardwaresecrets

Kamesh Akundi

Right off the assembly line

Hi Guys & Gurlz!

Just I had a doubt that, how could another 7.1 surrond card help you out when you have it on-board?

Suggestions Requested!

tkin

Back to school!!

HD 4850 has more driver issues than 9800 GTX+.
HD 4850 is cheaper than 9800 GTX+.
HD 4850 is something which you dont buy every 6 months.
9800 GTX+ will easily stretch your gaming requirements for 3+ years (maybe more).
Actually 9800 GTX+ is faster than HD 4850.
And regarding power issues, you definitely need a good PSU, because eventually cheap PSUs can damage your mobo's capacitors.
Also, guys who dont have PCIe 2.0 slot, wont be getting too much diferrence while using either HD 4850 or 9800 GTX+.

Chipset matters but build quality matters too.
No manufacturer can match the build quality of ASUS and XFX. They are too damn good.

Google yourself through countless reviews that state that 9800 GTX+ is well worth than 4850 as their prices are falling. GOD bless Newton (lol)

Majority of gamers prefer HD 4850 because of the low power requirements, but if you are using either Corsair of CM PSU, then you are not using the true potential of that PSU.

Always try to get the maximum what you are paying for.

Afterall, NVIDIA is well known for their rock-solid driver support.

I dont want to hurt any ATI fanboys here neiher take the side of NVIDIA, but 9800 GTX+ is good.
It might not be way better than HD 4850, but you will get what you will pay for.
Maybe not now, but for years to come.

Bottom-line. Choose Smart, Buy Smarter

-MambaXL
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!, they're listening:D:D.

Anyway, jokes apart, HD4850 was never faster just more VFM as it delivered comparable FPS at a lot less price but now in the US the prices are converging so its getting close.

MambaXL

Broken In

Hi Guys & Gurlz!

Just I had a doubt that, how could another 7.1 surrond card help you out when you have it on-board?

Suggestions Requested!

you are asking about the mobo or GPU ?

For Mobo, Its helps you in using 7.1 ch audio system without buying a discrete hardware for it.

For GPU, you can internally connect to S/PDIF or HDMI controller and have it accessible from the rear panel of the PC-Case.

Whatever GPU you decide to buy, only buy from ASUS and XFX

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

VX450W
1x6 pin connector
85% efficiency = 383.5W

CM600W ExP
2x6 pin connector
75% efficiency = 420W

Do the math.

Corsair VX450 vs CM extreme power 600 (some key differences)
(1) Rated at 50 degreesC (iirc/afaik) vs rated at 25 degreesC
(2) Active PFC (0.99) vs passive PFC
(3) 80%+ efficiency guranteed vs 65-70% roughly.
(4) Hi-Qual Jap caps vs not so Jap caps:cry:
(5) Double ball bearing fan vs sleeve bearing fan most prolly
(6) 5 yr warranty vs 2/3 yr warranty (heard that low end CM psu like Extreme power series have only 2yr warranty now. )
(7) Seasonic vs Seventeam budget/value range. :)

CM600 is a Seventeam 500 tweaked to show a peak of 600W- so i hope u get the idea.:D
CM prefers to call the Seveanteam500 with the same components a 600 watter- something smells fishy.:lol:
Plus they conveniently miss out on mention of rails in specs and pic of specs chart sticker on the psu on their site- i couldn't find it.:confused:

Secondly, this part of psus cannot be approached in a pure mathematical way- seems u have't understood what efficiency means.:)

If we go forth by your way of interpreting efficiency>
If u need 360W from a VX 450, as per ur calculations, it will draw 450W from the wall socket.
Then the CM 600 at 65% will draw 553W from the mains to provide that same 360W.
Still Who's the Bakra??:))

A lot of reputed reviewers have stated that the Corsair units are very conservatively rated.
If one were to follow CM's rule of rebadging a known not so efficient 500watter as 600W, then maybe the VX450 can easily be badged as a 550-600W unit.:lol:
And maybe Corsair, as per their standards, will call the CM600 a 400W unit, if they make a not so efficient, not so good quality psu i.e.. :lol:

check out

VX450W
1x6 pin connector
85% efficiency = 383.5W

CM600W ExP
2x6 pin connector
75% efficiency = 420W

The percentage part for efficiency cannot be directly applied to the amps per rail or total amperage over just the 12v rail, i think.
If that was the case, then maybe we could have managed to manufacture quite efficient psus easily- efficiency is measure over the entire range of power outputted. iirc. .:p
Plus you cannot add up 2 rails directly for total amps on 12v rail- this is most basic of all rules wrt multi-rail psus.

Plus just numbers on paper have nothing to do with the stability and purity of the various o/p signals, etc... which is one of the biggest factors in choosing a psu:cool:

Do the math

Oh i m learning:D.Never enter a battle of wits unarmed:twisted:.Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!.:confused:

fireshots

Machinehead..

Hi Friends,

I wish to buy a Graphics card but does not know which one to opt for ATI or Nvidia. Please suggest me which one will be better for me by looking at the configuration of my PC. I am on a very tight budget, so help me out here with good options.

Intel Pentium Dual Core - 2 Ghz.
Transcend Ram 667 - 1GB
Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L
1 x PCI Express x16 slot
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
2 x PCI slots

Thanks guys.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hi Friends,

I wish to buy a Graphics card but does not know which one to opt for ATI or Nvidia. Please suggest me which one will be better for me by looking at the configuration of my PC. I am on a very tight budget, so help me out here with good options.

Transcend Ram 667 - 1GB
Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L
1 x PCI Express x16 slot
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
2 x PCI slots

Thanks guys.

^^ 1st of all how much you want to spend on gfx card ?

Corsair VX450 vs CM extreme power 600 (some key differences)
(1) Rated at 50 degreesC (iirc/afaik) vs rated at 25 degreesC
(2) Active PFC (0.99) vs passive PFC
(3) 80%+ efficiency guranteed vs 65-70% roughly.
(4) Hi-Qual Jap caps vs not so Jap caps:cry:
(5) Double ball bearing fan vs sleeve bearing fan most prolly
(6) 5 yr warranty vs 2/3 yr warranty (heard that low end CM psu like Extreme power series have only 2yr warranty now. )
(7) Seasonic vs Seventeam budget/value range. :)

CM600 is a Seventeam 500 tweaked to show a peak of 600W- so i hope u get the idea.:D
CM prefers to call the Seveanteam500 with the same components a 600 watter- something smells fishy.:lol:
Plus they conveniently miss out on mention of rails in specs and pic of specs chart sticker on the psu on their site- i couldn't find it.:confused:

Secondly, this part of psus cannot be approached in a pure mathematical way- seems u have't understood what efficiency means.:)

If we go forth by your way of interpreting efficiency>
If u need 360W from a VX 450, as per ur calculations, it will draw 450W from the wall socket.
Then the CM 600 at 65% will draw 553W from the mains to provide that same 360W.
Still Who's the Bakra??:))

A lot of reputed reviewers have stated that the Corsair units are very conservatively rated.
If one were to follow CM's rule of rebadging a known not so efficient 500watter as 600W, then maybe the VX450 can easily be badged as a 550-600W unit.:lol:
And maybe Corsair, as per their standards, will call the CM600 a 400W unit, if they make a not so efficient, not so good quality psu i.e.. :lol:

check out

The percentage part for efficiency cannot be directly applied to the amps per rail or total amperage over just the 12v rail, i think.
If that was the case, then maybe we could have managed to manufacture quite efficient psus easily- efficiency is measure over the entire range of power outputted. iirc. .:p
Plus you cannot add up 2 rails directly for total amps on 12v rail- this is most basic of all rules wrt multi-rail psus.

Plus just numbers on paper have nothing to do with the stability and purity of the various o/p signals, etc... which is one of the biggest factors in choosing a psu:cool:

Oh i m learning:D.Never enter a battle of wits unarmed:twisted:.Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent!.:confused:

Hey nice explanation there.

But CM extreme power plus series is now manufactured by acbel
*www.acbel.com/

You know that branded smps have a code/number with which we can tell who is the original manufacture.

My CM460W extreme power plus is actually made by acbel & one of friend just bought his 600W extrme powerplus 3 days back & it has the same manufacturer code.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Hi Friends,

Transcend Ram 667 - 1GB
Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L
1 x PCI Express x16 slot
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
2 x PCI slots

Thanks guys.

If u r in real tight budget, then i am ready to give my 7600GT for cheaper price. (Am I a good seller?.:D)

OK here for u. For 3k get
8600GT DDR3 which is the only option in NVIDIA
In ATI,get HD3450 512MB DDR3 for 2.7k from MSI or Sapphire.

Top Bottom