Graphics Cards related queries here.

Shloeb

In the zone
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

ASUS is better. But its on the costly side. 8k

I have a question. Is it wise to buy a high end dx9 card right now? Or should i go for a slower 8600GT? I am asking this because in a few days my old graphics card (FX5200) will be sold and i will get some momey after that. My Budget right now is 8k. I can wait and extend it to 9k. I have a 400W PSU. So please suggest according to the power supply. Which is the best card card to buy in these days below 10k?

xbonez

NP : Crysis

i'd suggest going in for a high-end dx9 card rather than a mid-range dx10 card. for under 10k u can get an Ati X1950XTX

xbonez

NP : Crysis

hmm..now that's a brilliant question. Ati cards are generally power hungry so i'm not sure about that

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i dont think so i think it needs either a 4 pin or 6 pin pcie connecter
did u know guys ati hd2900 requires a 6pin connector and when u overclock itneeds a 8 pin connector!!!!

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Yeah u are right the old X1900 XTX was really power hungry card but X1950 XTX is low power consumption because of GDDR4 RAM. Also it requires one 4 pin power connector but u will require min. of 450 watt Power supply.
That is the min. power supply req. for 8800 GTS(320) and above!

guyz,i want to buy a BEAST card.
which one wud be better?Nvidia geforce 8800 ultra or ati radeon HD 2900 XT or shud i wait for the 9800 GTX from nvidia?

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

8800 Ultra >> 2900 HD for Gaming No doubts.

all and I mean ALL ATI cards suck when AA and AF is turned on :$

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

right now 8800 Ultra is the mother of all cards!
HD 2900XT licks balls compared to 8800 Ultra!

So far there is no release date for 9800 GTX!

Shloeb

In the zone

I checked on the online psu caculator that after including a 8800gts the total power requirement was abt 384 W. And whats the deal with these connectors?
What are these? How do i find which one i have?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Shloeb said:
I checked on the online psu caculator that after including a 8800gts the total power requirement was abt 384 W. And whats the deal with these connectors?
What are these? How do i find which one i have?

Whenever u buy a quality PSU like the SLI ready or X-fire ready, they already hooked up with these connectors.

Also the cards comes with these power connector!

Shloeb

In the zone

I bought a branded pc from esys. So i don't know. Will a 8600GT require a connector like this?

sonu1983

Broken In

8600GT doesnt require an external power supply ,agreed..but wat kinda PMS should we go for..atleast 450 watts.?n which company

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

It is recommended to buy a good branded PSU. There are many PSUs avaialble in the market pricing from 400/- to 30,000/-.
The best i should say Thermaltake, Corsair, Antec,OCZ, Cooler Master, Powersafe, VIP, Zebronics, Point of View etc.

You said it right a min. 450 watt is essential to run ur latest system, but if u opt for a 500-600 Watt, that will give u some more power to overclock ur latest rig too...and also for future upgrade too.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

Shloeb said:
I have a 400w psu. Will it be possible to use a 8600gt?

Make sure it is one Genuine 400 watts :lol: not like our frnd utsav is facing :lol:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=640000&postcount=10

Top Bottom