Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

guys advise me and whats a psu and how to change it anyways and how much will good graphics card and 2gb ram cost me

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

thanks , u guys . i'll put the card(i'm getting it tomorrow . .) and try playing carbon at max settings , if it runs fine for a few hours , then i'll keep the existing one . otherwise ,sice my budget is limited i'll go for VIP or powersafe .

now , if the psu isnt enough , what wud happen , will the computer simply power down abruptly . will thr be any damage to the hardware ? what shud i expect ?

@entrana , psu=power supply unit . its also called smps=switch mode power supply . if u're using the psu came with the cabinet , i dont think u can change it . u'll have to go for a new cabinet too . if not , its a simple job , just removing and re-plugging wires and screws . 2 * 1gb = 2 * 1.8k = 3.6 k
. graphics cards are available for various budgets , wats ur budget ?. if u can prevent suicide for a month or two , wait for the radeon hd 2600 series to arrive . of if u got a lot of money , say 20k then go for geforce 8800GTS and a psu that was mentioned in one of the posts here .
else u can go for 8500gt-6k or 8600gt-8.5k or 8600gts- i think 12.5k

shashank4u

Youngling

Also foxcomm has released DX 10 graphics card below 5000 Rs dont know about its availability in India though.

gannu_rox

In the zone

^^^ The 8 series will be priced cheaper if u can delay ur suicide till July end...

sagargv said:
now , if the psu isnt enough , what wud happen , will the computer simply power down abruptly . will thr be any damage to the hardware ? what shud i expect ?

Nope...

I've heard a case wher d card ( A 6600gt) blew...

Dunno if everyone'd end up like dat...

Why take a risk dood???

Buy a Powersafe PSU fer 3-4k n invest in a good card....

U shud expect d unxpected wen u do such things... :D

Last edited:

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

@morpheous
yup thts rite.bt most of the people say 2 8600gts in sli cant come even closer in performance when compared to a single 8800gts 320 mb.

must be depending on the gpus.

i wonder whts the use of sli then unless n until u hv a really huge monitor to support tht kinda awsome resolution.

@entrana

u can contact Mr. Vikash Agarwal for xfx needs 9830081700

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

im trying to delay my suicide to november because thats when my dads coming from the philippines and hopefully will spare me from my death
so let me get this straight
i need
a.new cabinet
b. new mother board
c. 2 gb ram
d.graphics card( suggest me up to 6.5k or 7)
e. i dont know but something more i guess which probably sums up to a new pc
do i HAVE to get a new motherboard

one more thing where to buy these stuff i mean ALL of these stuff and can u tell me the brand names like what name of ram and stuff thx

Last edited:

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

Xfx 8800 Gtx Xxx Extreme Version Video Card Nvidia 768mPrice: US $245. 00 Specifications GPU / VPUh NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX Maximum Resolution2560 x >>>
Kamatsutech
Singapore

now wht is tht??

*www.alibaba.com/trade/search?Type=...uct_en&CatId=707&srchLocation=&srchYearMonth=

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

holy ****!!!! @BULZZI its gotta be a typo :???: ....its too gr8 to be true man....if its fr real im getiing 3 of these right now!!! :D :D :D :D

xbonez

NP : Crysis

^^gotta be a typo, but anyways order it. what if its not a typo? and if it is, they might give u some compensation, or maybe a gift cheque...:)

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

have placed orders for 2 ....as was about to get the BFG one frm US for 25k...if this turns out to be tru then im gonna bridge them in SLI mode:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ....itz gonna be ausome!!!!:D :D :D :D

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

reply fast guys need to decide fast my dad agreed on my enhancements

one more thing i better post everything i have too
2* 512 mb ram
intel pentium 4 3.06 ghz
windows xp 32 bit sp2
realtek hd audio output

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

what exactly is ur budget ???& what do u want to "enhance" ? if its only a g-card u want & the budget is 7k as u told in ur prev post , then extend it a bit and get geforce 8600gt ( 8k ).or wait till july 22 so that amd cards may be released . u can go for more ram ( 2gb as well ) .

Phalanx

Broken In

entrana said:
im trying to delay my suicide to november because thats when my dads coming from the philippines and hopefully will spare me from my death
so let me get this straight
i need
a.new cabinet
b. new mother board
c. 2 gb ram
d.graphics card( suggest me up to 6.5k or 7)
e. i dont know but something more i guess which probably sums up to a new pc
do i HAVE to get a new motherboard

one more thing where to buy these stuff i mean ALL of these stuff and can u tell me the brand names like what name of ram and stuff thx

As far as graphics Card is concerned go for XFX 8600GT... It costs 7K in bangalore... I bought it 3 weeks ago... You might get it for a lesser price too... Its a PCI-E card, so make sure your motherboard supports it...

helpppppppp......:confused: :confused: :confused:
plzzzzzz:( :( :(
i got graphx card 88oo gtx xxx nw ,i need a power supply of 600w with 2x6 pin supply

plz give me full contact of any supplier.....plzzzzz helppppp.........i am frustrated with my vendor....
frm month he has nt been able to find any.....
any help close to punjab is favourable........

thx a lot pals.....

Last edited:

gannu_rox

In the zone

^^^ Heh heh... Dats an XFX if M not wrong... Get a Corsair 620W PSU or the Antecs...

D bad news is XFX wont bundle the power connectors coz they xpect the users to hav a Good PSU... So U cant look fer cheaper PSUs like POwersafe which bundles jus one 6pin PCI-E conn with their 600w supply...

Get the Antecs or Corsairs...

^^BTW hw much fer the card???

Last edited:

gannu_rox said:
^^^ Heh heh... Dats an XFX if M not wrong... Get a Corsair 620W PSU or the Antecs...

D bad news is XFX wont bundle the power connectors coz they xpect the users to hav a Good PSU... So U cant look fer cheaper PSUs like POwersafe which bundles jus one 6pin PCI-E conn with their 600w supply...

Get the Antecs or Corsairs...

^^BTW hw much fer the card???
plzz help yaar i am in dilemma.....
plzzzzzzz

i ready to pay 4000 evn

help plzzzz

give me contact of any type of vendor8)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

so guys im extending budget to 8600 gt and im gonan buy it in november and my motherboard supports pci express ( not sure about 16x) so that means ittl work right(maybe)
just need to change my psu to a mighy i dont know what any advices
guys im thinking of getting that antec p900 cooling case thingee so does it include a mighty power unit or it doesent one more thing ,, anything else that i have to get for my oblivion madness
guys i dont think i wanna invest in a new case but do i have too because my case has 1 fan and 8600gt runs hot and guys how to change psu after u buy it and how to change psu if im not gonna invest in a new case
guys recommend me a case that will work with my compaq presario sr1732il motherboard and has power supply for 8600gt(or tell me if i would need another mother board please guys i have a budget u know)

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@entrana
u can keep ur current cabby and u just need to upgrade ur PSU. A 450w or 500w from powersafe has gud value for money and is more than enuf for an 8600GT.
and an 8600GT isn't that HOT. Its a mid range card and u dun need any mighty cabbys of power supplies to run it. In power consumption, its efficient than the power miser 7600GT.
U just add some 80mm fans in ur cabby.

Top Bottom