Graphics Cards related queries here.

Phalanx

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

shiva1165 said:
i wanna graphics card tht can play the lastest games with all the settings set to max or highest but only at the resokution of 1024@786......so i gues i dun need a very powerful graphics card cause of the average resolution....any helppp r a site wich has the information....guy..oh and how much will it cost..or a site wich has the information..thankzzzz

Go for the XFX 8600GT.... It will surely play the latest games at 1024 res with most of the settings set to max... I have played STALKER @ 1024 res with HDR on, AA and AF @ ~50% and the game was very playable... But how well its going to perform in upcoming titles, I am not sure... You might jus be able to play the upcoming games at a similar setting if you have a high end system...It was priced at around 7K a month ago in Bangalore...You might get one for a lesser price now... :)

sabret00the

Youngling

hey guys one thing I would like to knw frm whoever owns a 8series card did u guys notice that 3dmark scores before 3dmark2005 are much lower on these cards compared to wat can be achieved on a 7series or lower card...
this is wat I got on my stock system

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz

hi frnds
yesterday i installed Vista Ultimate...
it's running smoothly but not able to see aero effect
My Graphic card id NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000(128 mb)
what is the prob? i am not able to see aero effect?
how can i update the driver for it...i searched on nvidea's site but not able to find any thing related to vista... may be i don know much how to select the appropriate driver
can any one plz guide me

sabret00the

Youngling

^^^sorry buddy upgrade time...ur gfx card wont support aero expirence

Requirements:
Microsoft has listed the following requirements for what they call a Vista Premium Ready PC. A PC that meets or exceeds these requirements will be able to use the new Aero technologies.

a 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 gigabyte of system memory
a DirectX 9 compatible graphics processor, with a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver, and a minimum of 64 MB of Video RAM
40 GB hard drive with 15 GB free space
DVD-ROM Drive
audio output and Internet access
The minimum requirements for graphics cards from the major vendors include the Radeon 9500 from ATI Technologies, the GeForce FX 5200 from NVIDIA, and even the Intel GMA 950.

A note on minimum graphics requirements: though Microsoft has listed 128 MB of Video RAM as a requirement for "Premium Ready" PCs, it does not mean a 128 MB integrated graphics processor is required to run the Aero glass theme. A 64 MB integrated graphics processor, combined with at least 1 GB of system memory, will be able to run Aero at certain resolutions. However, a Vista-specific driver for any given graphics processor is also required to run the Aero glass theme, which may or may not be available at the time of Windows Vista's commercial release. Users who believe their hardware meets Aero's minimum graphics requirements are encouraged to check their graphics processor manufacturer's website for a Vista-specific driver if they are unable to run the theme.

Click here to find all Windows Vista(Aero) ready graphics cards

Last edited:

bsod HELP

hey help needed

read the dreadful story........

stage1

i got 7300gt , got vista ultimate and then pop up the dreadful blue screen started coming at the place where v have to enter our name......later stages i thot that can b due to ram conflicts.... i got that changed ..... bt nothing happened ....after some time i uninstalled vista and vas back to xp .... bt the story wasnt over...later stage of xp i starrted getting blue and red lines all over my screen.........

2nd stage

i got my grphcs card faulty vich was faulty,,,,,,,,,,,and gt 8800gtx xxx 768mb and then came prblem of finding the power supply vendor ..after moaning at forum i gt the place and gt the psu of coooler master and went home to c my rig working wid vista 1st time

in the place where we enter our password to enter the os
there is flickering and nt the blue screen

bt as soon as i click to upgarde my basic score which is 1(yet another problem)
i get blue screen or if i play any game eg spiderman3 i get that blue screen....physical dump memory....
i tried changing ram bt doesnt help....howver windows xp is fine.......
......bt again the blue screen......

can any 1 tell me whats this !!!!!!

thx for patient reading

my config

motherboard:intel 945 gnt
ram:2 gb
graphic crd:8800 gtx xxx 768mb
processor :pentium d 2.8
power supply:600w cooler master

can u plz give me link to the place frm where i can download the latest driver for my graphic card.....thx

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

how do i know if i have aero enabled . i have i gig ram , p4 3gz presscot ht poccy (huh!) and geforce8600gt. and how do i cool gpu .its max temp i've observed is 94c . how do i reduce it to the 80's or 70's...

oh man , my card is crossing 100C while playing carbon . . .as per riva tuner log . .. is that ok too ? what shall i do ? surprisingly enough i see no artifacts . if it gets too high , then wat'll happen , will the system power off or something like that ..

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

100c is not at all ok for a 8600GT :( .. even if u don't see any artifacts (right now :() .. what about airflow inside the cabby ??

sabret00the

Youngling

sagargv said:
how do i know if i have aero enabled . i have i gig ram , p4 3gz presscot ht poccy (huh!) and geforce8600gt. and how do i cool gpu .its max temp i've observed is 94c . how do i reduce it to the 80's or 70's...

oh man , my card is crossing 100C while playing carbon . . .as per riva tuner log . .. is that ok too ? what shall i do ? surprisingly enough i see no artifacts . if it gets too high , then wat'll happen , will the system power off or something like that ..

Right click on the desktop > then click on Personalize (right click on desktop or control panel) > click on Window Colour and Appearance and then select aero(usually 1st option on the list) from the list....(default setting is Windows Basic).

I dont think my card runs at anywhere more than 60-70 degrees while idle or load condition

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

how much does windows vista ultimate cost unless u guys get it pirated

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

thanks . now wat shall i do abt my card's temp ?

ps , how do i check airflow inside cabby ? shall i try keeping one side of my cabby open ? i havent even OC'ed my card...plz help

Last edited:

cynosure

UbuntuUser

^^ Open the cabinet from one side and keep a small table fan facing the mobo. Keep in mind that you should have a hole (or a fan) on the other side of the cabby so the hot air can move out.

Or use AC while sitting on you HotPot.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

ok . i cudnt find a table fan rite now . so i just kept one side of the cabby open.
in nfs carbon , most of the time , temp stayed in 80's and reached a peak of 90C . (it was in 90's and reached 101C when case was closed) .keeping one side of case open , i tried 3dmark06 , most of the time it stayed in 80's and reached a peak of 94c . this is wat i got frm the log of riva tuner . i'll get a table fan in the evening and get back to u guys . in the meanwhile , i think that airflow is the prob seeing that there's a 10c reduction when case is open ,. neway , i'll get a table fan and come back to u.

BTW , how do i know my gpu's fan is working fine ( spinning at right speed ) coz i dont hear it at all while my cpu's fan is like a bee and i can hear it even if i'm in the next room(p4 presshot proccy but stays less than 55c on load).

monkey

Padawan

entrana said:
how much does windows vista ultimate cost unless u guys get it pirated
Check here for Vista prices: *microsoft.shopping.indiatimes.com/ism/faces/tiles/catalogue.jsp?catalogueID=20376013

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

do all of u have pirated vista cuz 10k is alot for windows
and how much xfx 8800gtx in india by sayyy november
and ya whats 3d mark
guys can u imagine i bought nvidia geforce 4 4000mx for 9k 5 years ago

guys
1. does 8600gt support hdr+aa
2.if not tell me a ati card under8k that does
3. tell me shop of number 2 in kolkata
4. why cant some cards suport hdr+aa either only hdr or only aa, whats the catch

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back

1. no
2. Ati 2600 XT
3. i don't live there so i don't know
4. since you are buying a card that is around 8k , you will able to play games with AA which are old & they don't support HDR , while in new games you can't turn AA on or your FPS will start droping , also HDR is better than AA in my opinion, but its your choice i would myself go buy a nivida because many games are optimized for nivida & they are easy to find in india

as price of 8800 GTX in india untill november, well that depends if they launched 9th series before nov. the 8800 GTX price should be around 23 - 25k, if not than i bet it would be around 27k + , again not sure about this.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

sagargv said:
thanks . now wat shall i do abt my card's temp ?

ps , how do i check airflow inside cabby ? shall i try keeping one side of my cabby open ? i havent even OC'ed my card...plz help

THere is a very simple way to check it. For this u need a little smoke ( usually can get it from "AGARBATTI") and place it in the cabinet in such a way that it wont fry ur hardware then u can see the air flow. Its a tested one.
Also u might have seen that (If u are a Formula one or Grand Prix Fan) that those custom cars are checked with a long stick throwing smoke on to the car to check the downforce.
Its almost the same thing.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

@smit
hey then forget the hdr+aa
ati hd 2600>8600gt?
plus hdr and aa on some games
i can at least put aa x2
so which one is the hd series out yet in india and still waiting for people to tell me where to get hd or have to get from abroad

Top Bottom