Graphics Cards related queries here.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@xbonez
A 7100 cores lacks many features like HDR rendering, bloom, and 1080p or i HD resolution decoding etc. Its a bare minimum card with SM3.0 and its perfomance will be very poor. A 7300LE seems to be much better. But why not spend some extra 500 bucks and get a 7300GS???Itll make a gr8 difference.

sabret00the

Youngling

As of right now I have decided to purchase a 7600GT card for the time being as I'm in an urgent need for a graphics card.Will sell of the card once I get hold of a 8600GT/GTS.
---
Multiple Queries here :-
1)I have a Samsung 940BW with HDCP support so can anyone tell me whether 8600GT/GTS cards will support HDCP or not?Will the same monitor support HDMI?
2)Will the 8600GT/GTS work in SLI mode?

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

sabret00the said:
As of right now I have decided to purchase a 7600GT card for the time being as I'm in an urgent need for a graphics card.Will sell of the card once I get hold of a 8600GT/GTS.
---
1)I have a Samsung 940BW with HDCP support so can anyone tell me whether 8600GT/GTS cards will support HDCP or not?Will the same monitor support HDMI?

as of question no.2 they'll surely work in SLI mode and so will the 7600 GT!!!!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@sabret00the
As of my knowledge, ive seen 2x DVI connector and an S-video out at back of the 8600GTS from BFG.
Use the DVI out of the card to connect to ur SAM 940B. Its also good quality and standard one.
And why are u going for a 7600GT just for 1 or 2 months. The more costlier the card, the more loss ull have while selling it. SO have a 7300GT or at max a 7600GS. Why waste extra bucks for just 2 months.

sabret00the

Youngling

^^^ hey guys thnx for the help so u suggest going for a base line card like 6200 etc for the time being till I get my hands on a 8600GTS...well I guess thats a very good idea...will go for it I guess

xsreality

Broken In

guys, i wanted to know whether i wud b able to play games like NFS Most Wanted, Carbon, Rainbow Six Vegas etc with 7600GT and 7600GS (separately..not in SLI mode!) ? what is current price of dis card?

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

ya all games will work at good detail settings....the 7600gt will cost u around 10 k (XFX)..and the 7600 gs will cost u arnd..6.5 k!!!

xsreality

Broken In

Ambar said:
ya all games will work at good detail settings....the 7600gt will cost u around 10 k (XFX)..and the 7600 gs will cost u arnd..6.5 k!!!

r u sure abt 7600gt? i thought it wud be around 7.5k...hmm..considering that DX10 cards r around d corner..which wud b d cheapest grfx card which wil allow me to play d above games in full details?

kapal83

Right off the assembly line

XFX 7600GT will cost you a bit more because it has Engine clk-590MHz and Memory clk-1600MHz as against 560 &1400 of any other manufacturers + it has Zalman Fan as heatsink and its damn cool. Apart from that check out the Fata1ty 7600GT which is the best grfx in the world. DX10 anyways will launch next month but prices will start from 15K for 8600.

g_goyal2000

Youngling

monkey said:
Hey guys, check out the prices at of vga cards at www.yantraonline.in
Collection - seems gud: XFX, MSI, Leadtek, GeCube, Point of View (?)
Prices - NO IDEA
Aren't the prices on this a little (or shall I say very) inflated? I mean it's telling the prices of motherboards in 10k+.

kapal83

sabret00the said:
---

They'll work even in single mode.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

i have a palit X1600 pro 256mb graphic card. how can i overclock it? the ati catalyst control centre does not have an option for overclocking
here's a little complicated question. plz try to help. i have a palit X1600 pro and a Samsung 55V monitor which supports a mx resolution of 1024x768. i by mistake set the screen resolution from ati catalyst control centre to a higher rsolution. as soon as i did this my monitor stopped displaying. when i restarted my comp i started getting display normally but now whenever i start ati catalyst control centre, the monitor stops giving display. i guess this is because whenever i start it, the gfx card starts giving a resolution my monitor doesn't support. as a result of this, i can't use the ati catalyst control centre. what do i do to reset the screen resolution in the ati catalyst control centre back to 1024x768. plz remember that i cannot start up the software.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Guys don't buy the 7 series coz low-mid end DX10 range is around the corner!!!A little wait will give u better performance & future proof support.
here's a little complicated question. plz try to help. i have a palit X1600 pro and a Samsung 55V monitor which supports a mx resolution of 1024x768. i by mistake set the screen resolution from ati catalyst control centre to a higher rsolution. as soon as i did this my monitor stopped displaying. when i restarted my comp i started getting display normally but now whenever i start ati catalyst control centre, the monitor stops giving display. i guess this is because whenever i start it, the gfx card starts giving a resolution my monitor doesn't support. as a result of this, i can't use the ati catalyst control centre. what do i do to reset the screen resolution in the ati catalyst control centre back to 1024x768. plz remember that i cannot start up the software.

Dude the simple solution turn the resolution to 1024*768 from diaplay properties.And if this doesn't work then uninstall CCC & delete all the settings from ur system & reinstall the CCC.

Last edited:

g_goyal2000

Youngling

xbonez said:
First, uninstall u'r ATI catalyst drivers. Then download the ATI Catalyst driver uninstaller if still problem exists.
Goto this link. It may help u.
*www.playtool.com/pages/uninstallgraphics/uninstall.html

xsreality

Broken In

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Guys don't buy the 7 series coz low-mid end DX10 range is around the corner!!!A little wait will give u better performance & future proof support.

but i m upgrading my comp and so i wud hv to buy a grfx card..and anyway it wil take some time 4 prices of DX10 cards to fall...which cheapest grfx card shud i go for in order to play games like NFS MW, Carbon etc...?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@xsreality
U can't expect a sub 5k DX 10 cards in 2007 at least or it will be some nov or dec when they ll be available for such low prices.
So if u are not ready to wait then get the 7600GS for 6k if PCIE or 7k if AGP.
If u are low on budget then a 7300GS for 4k or 7300GT for 5k.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

xsreality said:
but i m upgrading my comp and so i wud hv to buy a grfx card..and anyway it wil take some time 4 prices of DX10 cards to fall...which cheapest grfx card shud i go for in order to play games like NFS MW, Carbon etc...?

Dude its all u.If u think u can buy it now & within another 3-4 months if u see the DX10 card with the almost same price,then the only one crying will be u!!!
Or if u can afford to change it later then its fine,buy anything whatever u want.U see when i bought my 6800 GS 236MB, it was the only card that suits my budget but i when visited to the dealer after 2 months of purchase,i saw 680GS 512MB for the same price.That was the time i felt that how dumb i was,but i wasn't able to do anything so i stucked with my little one & thought that i will never do such kind of mistake again.My dealer told me about the 512 MB version but i was stupid enough that i didn't listened him.

ssugadhanam

Hey man!!!! Any body can suggest me a good graphics car from ATI or NVIDIA. I don`t need any other. I am having HP d330 desktop pc. I have just upgraded my Ram from 256 Mb to 1 Gb. Please help me, its URGENT!!!!!!!!Budget is not a problem at all.(ANY COST IS O.K.)!!!!!!!!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@ssugadhanam
If budget is not a problem, then the choice is virtually unlimited.
I think that u have an AGP port. So what u canb have is:

nvidia 6200 256: 2.8k
6600GT: 6k
7300GT: 5.5k
7600GS: 7k
7600GT: 9.5k
7800GT : 13k
7900GS: 13.5k
7900GT : 15k
X1800 Pro : 12k
X1800XT : 14k
X1900 Pro : 16k

These are all estimated price. This may vary lil bit with factors like brand, location, model, bundles etc.

Also if u look for a card above a 7600GT, do consider to again upgrade ur ram to higher like 2GB as 1GB wud be a big bottleneck with high end cards. But ur proccy and memory bandwidth are already bottleneck.
For serious gaming, an overall upgrade is recommented.

xsreality

Broken In

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Dude its all u.If u think u can buy it now & within another 3-4 months if u see the DX10 card with the almost same price,then the only one crying will be u!!!

hey keith, i agree with u bt dats what d challenge of upgrading pc's! for me, i m quite sure that i wont b worrying abt my pc for atleast 18months!! DX10 cards are worth waiting for, no doubt...bt at present i hv nly on-board grfx...and since i m upgrading my comp...compromising on my mobo just to wait 4 d grfx card is also not a gud option..
nvr mind frnd..in most cases 256MB cards r better than their 512MB counterparts! and d gud thing abt upgradation mistakes is dat the pain is short lived!:)
So if u are not ready to wait then get the 7600GS for 6k if PCIE or 7k if AGP.
If u are low on budget then a 7300GS for 4k or 7300GT for 5k.

does the XFX 7600GS have DVI port and wil it b able to handle a 19" Widescreen TFT resolution of 1440x960...?

Last edited:
Top Bottom