Graphics Cards related queries here.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^Intel GMA X3000

so can you guys PLEASE suggest a m/b which has the BEST ONBOARD gfx. (or) a m/b + low end gfx. card. combo for under $250.

will there be any POWER SUPPLY problem, i mean in USA the standard supply Voltage o/p is around 120v (am i right), & in here in India its 240v.

=>Intel DG965RY costs ~$120.

intel m/b + GS7600 =$250 ($50 extra)

Is it worth to spend on 7600GS now.

you can get a idea how freakin confused i am. :(

Last edited:

hash!!

________

hmmm... pretty much the dilemma im in at the moment.. but i somehow decided on a gfx card.... and some more ram... its never enough....
and dude, whtz wid the $s ???
lolz... rupees r pretty much still in circulation... last heard ie... :)
nd i guess evry1's quoting in rs newayz... all good...
well, i have a 865 mobo, and it has an agp slot, so im savin up for a leadtek 7600gt agp... its arnd 8k in singapore, so if ure plannin to spend dollars, spend it in singapore, in sg$... :D
okaayyy... just in... theres an agp version of the x1950 pro..... the specs seem too cool... checked the american prices, and theres a 30-40$ diff... and well, it seems to be the best available agp.... i guess im gonna wait a lil more cuz i realized that indecision is the only thing that comes to u wen ure about to get a new gfx card.... need to save a lot more.. ughhh... tho i somehow pity the pci-e ppl for the huger choices they have... hehehhh

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^^ i've have savings of $300 :D (my dad gave it me & i live here- in india :D).

as my friend is coming back frm US, i thought of spending the green money on some PC h/w, as compared to india those are cheaper in US. :wink:

why are you buying AGP card, arent they slower than PCI-e :confused: .
imo you should invest on m/b + gfx. card

(second hand m/b+ new gfx. card) :wink:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............

But your processor should also fit in that mobo. Too difficult to find that. Or buy a new expensive processor too.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

but in this Supported Processors page (both dg965wh & dg965ry), my processor model is mentioned.
"P4 519K 3.06 GHz 533 MHz"

My Proccy model.->Intel P4 3.06GHz 519K, 1MB L2 Cahce, EM64T 533MHz FSB.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

XtraOrdinary said:
guys advice for a pcie gfx card in less then 12k. thaankyou

Get a 7600GT for 10k or an ATI X1800GTO for 12k.
x1800GTO rulz in higher resolutions when all effects are turned on. If u are a regular gamer with a 17" CRT, stick to 7600GT.

hash!!

________

ohhkk... so thats the case...
sall good...
im savin up for an x1950pro agp... cuz it sounds a lot cooler than the 7600gt... almost like the x800 wid sm3 etc...
cant afford to get a new mobo cuz its gonna dent my agp budget... so im gonna go wid the cool agp for now... the next time i need sumthn better, i guess im gonna get a laptop... a lot cooler... theres an asus laptop wid a 7600 and 100gb hdd for arnd 70-80k, this cuzn's got it... totally awesome...
but thats when i start earnin, which aint happenin in another year or so... and till then, theres gonna be a spawn of killer gfx cards wid unified shaders n all... ughhh... wish they'd make it easier for us addicts... :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@hash!!
There isn't any agp version of any ATI X1xxx series and u can get AGP of only upto the 7900GT.

hash!!

________

aravind_n20 said:
@hash!!
There isn't any agp version of any ATI X1xxx series and u can get AGP of only upto the 7900GT.
there are agp versions of the ati x7xx series, as well as the x8xx series...
as well as the X1xxx series....
trust me there are....
go here: *www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php
and check out the cards in the drop boxes... pretty sweet huh? :D
but then, availability is sumthn im not totally sure of... but well, they exist alright, thats hope enough for me....

aquamatrix

Journeyman

could somebody help me in knowing the prices of XFX and BIG 7900GT and GS versions

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

7900GS is gr8 for 13k man. nd i think XFX 7900GT can be bought below 17k in kerala.

sabret00the

Youngling

IN A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION WHERE A PERSON IS USING A C2D PROC WITH A DX10 GPU RUNNING WINDOWS VISTA THEN WILL THAT RIG SUPPORT OLDER GAMES THAT NOW RUN ON CONVENTIONAL DX9 GPUs OR WILL THEY STOP RUNNING AT ALL?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

why should one using vista nd a high end system who can play any heavy game with ease wanted to play outdated games?

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

ofcourse it will run.. dx is backward compaible....

dont the games from the dx7 or dx8 era play now on dx9 :)

aquamatrix

Journeyman

well i cant wait any more for the GPU. its been three months now.

i think the 7900gs should suffice for me

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

ya get the XFX 7900GS soon nd frag on. Congrats on the mouse yaar. Mine also sma.

Top Bottom