Graphics Cards related queries here.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Ah. ok. Then, what is the best card for under Rs.5,000. nvidia or ATI

Last edited:

reddevil2

Broken In

hey normal power supply wont work for new generation gcards na...like 7300gt or 6600gt ?.........then which power supply should we go for ?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

They will provided they have the power and the extra connector which goes into the card..

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt

hash!! said:
waiting for dx10 is an indefinite one... now that u wont be upgrading to vista in the near future, and dx10 is prolly gonna be packed specifically for vista(not quite sure about that)....
moreover, dx10 specific games would take atleast 6-12 months to stream into the market... i guess theres only one dx10 card at the moment... the 8800gtx.. hehehhh.. and thats killer, and sh!t expensive too... so forget it... and dont be petrified of the fact that vista needs dx10 cards... there are dx9 cards comin up which claim to be vista ready.... i saw a powercolour x1300, x1600 which said so on the cover.... dx10 specific games would be backward compatible, u might just miss out on a lil eye-candy here n there... wont make a big diff... and i guess it'l take a while for developers to harness the new stuff wid dx10...
im just blabbering off on wht i've read here n there... lolz...
bottomline, get a dx9 card, wont make a big difference...

then which DX9 card shud i go for ?? i hav a budget max. of 10000/-

also mention the prices of XFX - 7800 series {gt , gs , gtx }
n 7600 series if possible :)

will it run nfs CARBON at medium settings ???

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

7600GT is just under 10k's .. and a big no to the current 7800 series .. coz the 7900 series have much better offerings .. specially the 7900GS .. i can suggest u to gather up some more and get a XFX 7900GS for 15k's .. it'll be worth the money , OC it to around 600/1600 and u'll be having a card better than the 7900GT ...

r4gs

In the zone

That means that you overclock the core of the card to 600Mhz and memory to 1600MHz. This is not recommended though unless you know what you are doing and have decent cooling. It also voids the warranty.
And regarding the 7800, its only that the 7900 offers better performance in a similar price range
I have a 300W smps (original HP with a 19A 12V rail) and I was wondering if it was sufficient.

Last edited:

hash!!

________

CINTEL ENTRINO said:
then which DX9 card shud i go for ?? i hav a budget max. of 10000/-

also mention the prices of XFX - 7800 series {gt , gs , gtx }
n 7600 series if possible :)

dude.. get a 7600gt... it'l be nice enough to u for another 1-1.5 years... thats my current projection... im just hoping not to wake up tmrw mornin(or the near-future subsequent ones) to find dx10 and dx10 games floodin the market... u can play most of the cool stuff available in the mkt at good detail levels on the 7600gt... google a bit about it, read some reviews, you'l get to know what u want....
me, im tryin to get a 7600gt agp myself... its arnd 8k in singapore... so tryin to find sum1 who can get it for me...
and about carbon, hell... its not very graphic intensive, u prolly wrote that in sum other respect, but whteva, it runs cool even on my medieval radeon 9200 128mb + 768mb ddr ram.... nfsmw dragged a bit on that config tho... :)
if it worked on that, i guess it'l work on whteva...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

It also voids the warranty.

for gods sake .. IT DOES NOT

n why r u sayin no to series 7800

Coz they still costs a lot .. a 7900GS oc'ed can perform better than a 7800GTX anytime , yet the later is priced around 8k's more than the 7900GS ..

r4gs

In the zone

I don't know about not voiding the warranty, because I overclocked my X300SE by 10% and was later told by the vendor that overclocking voids the warranty.
Though you probably have a point, because I doubt it can be proved

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

Well....if you ran a card higher than its factory clocks it does void warranty....but they really don't check if its due to overclocking...So you can RMA oc'ed cards but just don't tell anyone that you oc'ed it ;)

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'

Increasing the frequency will never void warranty.

Increasing cole voltage will certainly void warrany.

But the retailers think that Overclocking (however it's done) void's warranty.

quasimodo1

Right off the assembly line
Re: Vista ready, what graphics card needed?.

Hello, A real genuine ignoramous here.

Seeking advice. Please can anyone tell me what type of graphics card I should get to use the new "Microsoft Vista Windows OS" to it's full potential?

I have a: ASrock M/B, Socket 478, Intel P4 Processor Model

Via P4M800 Chipset. Prescott 800.

I think it needs to 256 of memory? Not too expensive either!

thank you for reading this

Mike T

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

Well....anything above a 5200 will do.....but get a 6200 or 6600LE it should cost you 2.5k and 3k respectively..

quasimodo1

Right off the assembly line

Hello "Wise old owl"

Thank you for responding so quickly, afraid I am really showing my lack of knowledge here but... On my manual for the mother board it says I must use 1.5 v as any more will ruin the board. Next, I see so many boards that say PCI Express whatever that means! But I am pretty sure my M/B will not take one.

When you say 2.5k or 3k to me being British that means 2 and a half thousand! Surely not pounds! Perhaps you (if you are allowed to say on here) could give me the name of some graphic board makes and then I can look them up on "google"? Once again, thank you for reading this!
Mike T

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

XFX 6200 should be around 2.5k rs i.e ~35.5 pounds...and 6600LE..3k would be ~42 pounds....

just checked VIA's website you have a AGP 8X slot..

*www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/p4-series/p4m800/

For info "google" "XFX 6200 AGP 8X" or "XFX 6600LE AGP 8X"......go for 128MB mem coz these lowend cards can't make use of more memory..

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

I don't know about not voiding the warranty, because I overclocked my X300SE by 10% and was later told by the vendor that overclocking voids the warranty.
Though you probably have a point, because I doubt it can be proved

Yup , as long as the OC is done in the driver level , it cannot be traced .. so there's no chance of any void warranties ..

Hello, A real genuine ignoramous here.

Seeking advice. Please can anyone tell me what type of graphics card I should get to use the new "Microsoft Vista Windows OS" to it's full potential?

I have a: ASrock M/B, Socket 478, Intel P4 Processor Model

Via P4M800 Chipset. Prescott 800.

I think it needs to 256 of memory? Not too expensive either!

thank you for reading this

Mike T

That board has an AGP slot i think .. get a 6600LE (slightly better than the 6200) ..

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

I am going to buy a GFX card tomorrow. So tell me should I buy a 7900GS and overclock it or get myself 7950GT. I don't want ATI so pls don't suggest one. The price difference between 7900gs (256MB) and 7950GT (256MB) is around 4k.
Just suggest me which is better in terms of price to performance ratio and does 7950GT has huge margin of performance over 7900GS. I am in mood to buy any one of these cards but just don't want to shell out 4K extra for say 10% gain in performance. But if the difference is around 30-40% then I'll get myself 7950GT. So please suggest. Also I am not interested at getting a Series 8 card at this moment, maybe 1-2 years later.
Thanks.

Top Bottom