Graphics Card under Rs. 4000

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
I have played this game for an hour and temperature hasn't crossed 63°C.
But the fan is producing lot of noise.

This is my first Graphics Card, so that's why I maybe too conscious.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
mine runs absolutely silent even after 5-6hrs of heavy gaming. check if fan is touching the frame.

Ok, I will do that.
And one more thing. I am getting "enter setup to recover bios settings" message every time I start the computer.

After some googling I came to know that I need to reset the CMOS or update the BIOS. (Haven't tried yet.)

koolent

Youngling
Reset the CMOS, its an easy option, then update your BIOS if availible.

Observe the fan position, it must exactly be in the center.

The temperatures do not depend upon the hours of gaming, it is cooled by the fan every 5 seconds effectively.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
First I have reset the CMOS and then updated the BIOS.
Now that BIOS error message has gone.

And I have also observed that it is the SMPS fan which is producing noise, not the graphics card's fan.
What could be the problem ?

Observe the fan position, it must exactly be in the center.

The temperatures do not depend upon the hours of gaming, it is cooled by the fan every 5 seconds effectively.

Thanks for your reply, but which fan ?

connoisseur

Broken In
I was looking for a card under similar budget.
Decided GT 240 but isn't available anywhere in my city.
The stupid guys suggest me other cards instead whose reviews aren't good.
One even said "Ye card to company ne manufacture karna hi band kar diya hai" (the company has stopped manufacturing this card) :lol:
I hesitate buying from an online store, because, what if there's some problem after a few time, how will I avail the warranty, there's no service center by this company in my city.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
usually company doesn't have service center by their name. instead some third party offers RMA. like for Asus, XFX its Rashi. Gigabyte it Accel. MSI i think its tirupati or aditya. so service center should be there.

Cilus

laborare est orare
power_8383, clear the SMPS fan from dust 1st. USe any kind of blower to remove the dust from SMPS. Another thing, also the update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ power_8383 - do what Cilus has told - still you are facing the PSU fan noise issue try this :
Fan maintenance - oiling bearings for fun and profit!

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
how much fps are u getting in sniper ghost warrior at high setting?

At 1024x768 (Best Quality)
Min: 46 Max: 47

as i said. Arctic cooler is cool + silent.
is your PSU sold? maybe some dirt or fiber got stuck in the spindle.

No, I am still using FSP SAGA 500.
And sorry, I thought the noise was coming from SMPS fan, but the noise is coming from CPU fan.
It is spinning too fast. (Temperature is OK though.)

power_8383, clear the SMPS fan from dust 1st. USe any kind of blower to remove the dist from SMPS. Another thing, also the update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

I have already updated the BIOS.
And I have just observed that CPU fan is making the noise.

@ power_8383 - do what Cilus has told - still you are facing the PSU fan noise issue try this :
Fan maintenance - oiling bearings for fun and profit!

Thanks for the link. :)

@ All

Is it normal CPU fan speed ?
(It was after I played Sniper Ghost warrior for 15 minutes.)

*img.techpowerup.org/120503/Untitled12.png

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ power_8383 - Speedfan has lots of glithces and needs to be configured prperly to get accurate sensor readings - so you better use HWinfo and post a screenshot here.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Ofcourse not. The high rpm of the fan is making the noise. Try to lower the fan speed if possible.

Yes its fine. 4000 rpm is not high. The fan works hard to keep processor cool. Nothing to worry as of now :wink:

@ power_8383 - Speedfan has lots of glithces and needs to be configured prperly to get accurate sensor readings - so you better use HWinfo and post a screenshot here.

@ saikiasunny
Yesterday it went to 6000RPM while I was playing GTA IV. :(

@ thetechfreak
But my CPU fan used to be very quiet before installing this graphics card.
It's too noisy now.

@ topgear
Even HWmonitor was showing the same.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Theres no problem with the fan but to be silent, fan should be spinning at 1.5k to 2k rpm. Can you specify the cpu temps. At 6k, the cpu might be going through hell ;-)

Top Bottom