Graphics Card under Rs. 4000

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - HWmonitor and HWinfo are 2 different apps and HWinfo's reading are more accurate.

from the HWmonitor screenshot it's clear that the CPU is not overheating and the gpu temp is even OK but there should be at-least 15-20c temp difference between idle and load cpu and GPU temp if any resource hungry game is used - So my suggestion is to start and run HWinfo on background and play games like BFBC2/Crysis for at-least an hour - this way HWinfo will be able to log min and max temp properly and post the HWinfo here.

BTW, for the 6K RPM fan speed make sure CnQ and Auto/Smart fan control is enabled in bios setting.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
@ topgear

Should I post the link of 'CSV' file, generated by HWinfo ?
It is also showing the same readings.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ a simple screenshot will be just fine ... check my HD6850 OC review .. you will get a good idea.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
*img.techpowerup.org/120507/maxtemp.jpg

I have enabled 'Smart Q-Fan' in the BIOS. ('Cool n Quiet' was already enabled.)
There is much improvement now.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
everything looks ok except HDD temp and cpu fan speed - the HDD temp should not be over 40c ( 44c is the limit for most though ) - install a front intake fan.

Lower the cpu vcore to 1.3v or 1.25v and disable Smart Q Fan option - only left CnQ enabled.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
everything looks ok except HDD temp and cpu fan speed - the HDD temp should not be over 40c ( 44c is the limit for most though ) - install a front intake fan.

Lower the cpu vcore to 1.3v or 1.25v and disable Smart Q Fan option - only left CnQ enabled.

I live in one of the hottest parts of Maharashtra, to iska bhi affect ho sakta hai na ?
It has already crossed 40°C this summer. :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, over 40c ambient temp could be a reason.

BTW, which cabby do you have and how many fans are there on the cabby.

koolent

Youngling
Well, those are enough fans for your cabinet.

Do one thing, take the CPU fan out and clean the port, and the connector, also blow over the CPU Fan Chip, and blow some air around the CPU Side, this might do. ;)

if this doesn't work, try plugging another CPU-Fan to the port, observe the noise. If fan is still spinnin bad, the problem is with the motherboard, else the problem is with your CPU fan.

Also what I think, your GPU fan might be drawing the air and so, tha CPU and GPU fan might be fighting for air.

Hope this helps..:)

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
If there is space at the rear of the case take the front fan and shift it to rear. Will create a good -ve pressure forcing heat let out by GPU and CPU out quickly.

Try to Undervolt the cpu as suggested by Topgear it is effective in lowering the CPU temperature. Blow the dust off the CPU heatsink, dust gathering on heatsink reduces its effectiveness greatly.

There is a setting in bios that after CPU reaches a specific temps the fan will start accelerating, if its very low, increase that by a bit, so it starts acceleration late(not something really good, but works at times)

Noise is far far better than elevated temperatures, which risks components.
If noise is something that is really giving problems, take out the heatsink, clean it properly and reTIM the CPU.

Use of headphones recommended if all fails.

HDD temps are something that is not good, rest temps are fine.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have Iball Mystique cabinet which is having 2 fans. (Front and rear.)

you can attach 2x 80mm fans on side panel with a little effort - do it and it will greatly increase air flow inside of the cabby and lower the heat.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Do one thing, take the CPU fan out and clean the port, and the connector, also blow over the CPU Fan Chip, and blow some air around the CPU Side, this might do. ;)

Already did that while installing the graphics card.

If there is space at the rear of the case take the front fan and shift it to rear. Will create a good -ve pressure forcing heat let out by GPU and CPU out quickly.

Try to Undervolt the cpu as suggested by Topgear it is effective in lowering the CPU temperature.

Noise is far far better than elevated temperatures, which risks components.
If noise is something that is really giving problems, take out the heatsink, clean it properly and reTIM the CPU.

I am not comfortable with assembling.
But I will try to undervolt the CPU.

And yes, I can live with this noise but not without my computer. :p

you can attach 2x 80mm fans on side panel with a little effort - do it and it will greatly increase air flow inside of the cabby and lower the heat.

I had that in my mind, but decided to wait till the monsoon. :D

Top Bottom