Graphics Card under Rs. 4000

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
But when you can get a DDR5 card well within your budget why dont you get it.

It's just that I will be using this graphics card for only 6 months, so I didn't want to spend even 500 rs. extra.

talking about alternate choices, if you dont mind buying 2nd hand cards, you can easily get a used hd5770 for less than 4k which will be far better than any of the options above...just my 2 cents :)

I don't like to buy second hand stuff, sorry. :(

But why do you suggest the DDR3 version. DDR5 version costs even less.

Perhaps he has posted that link by mistake.
Anyways, I have decided to buy GT240 1GB DDR5 from 'TheITWares'.
Thanks. :)

dibya_kol

In the zone
there is nothing called 'future proof' in gpu arena. at lower res that card is fine and u can use it as a physx card in future too .. But 5670 would be nice. Anyway it's ur call. Best of luck .. :)

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
I have deposited the money in ITWARES's bank account, but received an e-mail saying that 'this product is not in stock'. :(
(Ordered GT240 1GB DDR5)

SunE

Professional Newbie
Yes ask for a refund and order from flipkart. Don't panic you'll get your money back as soon as possible :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, ITWares is one of the reliable online shops despite having their share of hiccups.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Are yaar flipkart se mangwa lo. Nothing you can do if the GPU gods don't want you to purchase from theitwares :p

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
I will receive the HD5670 512mb DDR5 in a day or two.
But I have a doubt.
Do I need to disable the onboard graphics after installing this new graphics card ?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Nope, the IGP will disable itself upon installing the Gfx card. Just put the VGA cable in graphics card's VGA out.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
On certain boards you need to set the primary graphics adapter in BIOS manually.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
So I have received the graphics card today.

I installed it and booted the computer, installed the graphics card drivers.
After restarting, the GPU was producing noise as if it is overheating.

So I tried to play Sniper Ghost Warrior on 1024X768 resolution (high settings) the game was running very smoothly but suddenly after 10-15 minutes, the computer hanged hence I had to power off the pc directly.

What could be the problem ? :(

(Even right now while I am typing, there is a lot of fan noise inside the cabinet.)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post your idle and load temperature of the cards. Use GPU-z, HWinfo or Hwmonito.

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Idle temperature.
*gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/05/02/csn.png
&
*gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/05/02/52p.png

After playing Sniper - Ghost Warrior for 15 minutes.

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/05/02/a5h.png

Top Bottom