Graphics Card to save power

bishshoy007

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I have this 9600GT low power edition from Zotac which comsumes approx. 60W of power on full use. But I dont play games anymore. So I was thinking of switching to the Integrated Graphics which is nvidia 7025 in an nForce 630a chipset. But I dont want to pull out my 9600GT. So will I save power doing this?

I have done this already and I tried to uninstall the driver of 9600GT but it wont uninstall. Windows would automatically install the base driver supplied with it in the next reboot.

Again, will I be able to save power ?

sukesh1090

Adam young
IN bios change the primary gfx device to onboard one then it will start with your integrated without need to pull your 9600GT out of board.(you need to search for the exact option in BIOS as every board vendor has different bios options)

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
If I recall correctly the GFX also uses some sort of step down frequency when not under load. So I don't think its worth the effort.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@op can also try this method a bit risky modify the bios using NiBitor & reflash generally there are two profiles saved in the bios 2d & 3d op can activate the 2d profile only to use will definately save power

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
GFX Card draw power in 2 ways 1. 3D work like gaming, rendering etc and 2. 2D work like Word, Movie Watch etc in second mode the power consumption is reduced by 40% approx for 9600 GT so don't bother with other hassles.

Top Bottom