Graphics Card purchase

samurai3

Broken In
1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: zebronics shivaji cabinet with 400w smps. Ready to upgrade if required.

2. What is your budget?
Ans: Around 10k for the Graphic Card, around 3k for the PSU if change is need.(As low as possible for both)

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: Main purpose is to watch 3D movies and Full HD connecting my desktop to a Sony KDL-32HX750.... (Important and no compromise in image quality)
After that minimum gaming in 1920*1080 (Negotiable)

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 2 GB RAM, INTEL DP35DP motherboard.

Previously I had XFX Ge Force 8400 GS 512 MB DDR3 which was working fine for the past 6 years and it died 2 days back. Since my MB doesn't have on-board graphics my PC is dead now. I goggled some graphics cards and i came to know it doesn't have VGA out anymore? is that true?? because my current monitor (Samsung 920 NW)has only one 15 Pin D-Sub connector. And will there be any quality loss from mini HDMI to HDMI (or) DVI to VGA conversion cable ? Please suggest

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ get a GTX 650 Ti but you may need to ante up the budget by 1k for the gpu and for PSu get a corsair CX430v2 @ 2.5k or VS450 for 300/400 bucks cheaper and as for image quality I don't think you will notice any difference.

Naxal

Little Kid
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 2 GB RAM, INTEL DP35DP motherboard.

My suggestion,

ATI HD7770 1GB GDDR5 @ 8k
Corsair vs450 @ 2k

Around 10k for the Graphic Card, around 3k for the PSU if change is need.(As low as possible for both)

In that case if you want just display and office work only, better to change the Motherboard to Intel G41 based solution from Gigabyte @ Rs. 3k and trade (trade + add few hundred bucks) the DDR2 which you have with a 4GB DDR-III 1333 Mhz value series.

Total costing is not more than Rs. 3.5k, even less if you can trade the old motherboard also :p

In this case, there is no need to change PSU.

You will have Display along with G41 on board Intel GMA X3100 :D, good for office work, playing movies (even HD :p) and Windows features :)

OP
S

samurai3

Broken In
My suggestion,

ATI HD7770 1GB GDDR5 @ 8k
Corsair vs450 @ 2k

In that case if you want just display and office work only, better to change the Motherboard to Intel G41 based solution from Gigabyte @ Rs. 3k and trade (trade + add few hundred bucks) the DDR2 which you have with a 4GB DDR-III 1333 Mhz value series.

Total costing is not more than Rs. 3.5k, even less if you can trade the old motherboard also :p

In this case, there is no need to change PSU.

You will have Display along with G41 on board Intel GMA X3100 :D, good for office work, playing movies (even HD :p) and Windows features :)

Thanks for the suggestions but i ve no plan to change my board right now....

OP
S

samurai3

Broken In
^^ get a GTX 650 Ti but you may need to ante up the budget by 1k for the gpu and for PSu get a corsair CX430v2 @ 2.5k or VS450 for 300/400 bucks cheaper and as for image quality I don't think you will notice any difference.

Thanks for the suggestion .... I really liked ur suggestion abt the GPU (cost is still high) .... i goggled a bit and it say that it require 400 w psu ... i guess i do have one with the same still do u want me to change the psu .. please clarify... and what card manufacturer do u advice me to buy?

Guys i m toooooo much confused now abt the GPU coz ATI HD 7770 is awesome with all advance features and future technologies .... Nvidia GTX 650 Ti is still matching up with what i need..... Considering cost ATI better i guess but still i doesn't know abt performance???....I also need to know weither ATI GPU or Nvidia support my sony KDL-32HX750 and what do you mean by HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 1.4a etc

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want to do 3D over HDMI with nVidia, you'll have to buy some software known as nVidia 3DTV Play. This will cost ~$50.

I don't know whether AMD HD3D will work with your TV or not. It's not mentioned here, but it should still work: *sites.amd.com/us/recommended/Pages/hd3d-panels.aspx 3D movie playback is simply like using PowerDVD + 3D over HDMI 1.4 on.

All graphic cards today ship with a DVI-I connector. DVI-I carries both Analog and DVI signal.

In DVI-I, the 4 pins on the left carry analog signal. Buy a DVI-I to VGA cable. It will discard the digital DVI signal and convert the analog signal to DSUB VGA. You can use this with your VGA monitor.

*i.imgur.com/sb1WW.png

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestion .... I really liked ur suggestion abt the GPU (cost is still high) .... i goggled a bit and it say that it require 400 w psu ... i guess i do have one with the same still do u want me to change the psu .. please clarify... and what card manufacturer do u advice me to buy?

Guys i m toooooo much confused now abt the GPU coz ATI HD 7770 is awesome with all advance features and future technologies .... Nvidia GTX 650 Ti is still matching up with what i need..... Considering cost ATI better i guess but still i doesn't know abt performance???....I also need to know weither ATI GPU or Nvidia support my sony KDL-32HX750 and what do you mean by HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 1.4a etc

GTX 650 Ti performs better than HD7770 and granted you have a 400W PSu but it's quality can't even come close to anywhere CX430v2 like psus and such cherpa psus can't deliver the amount of power a good gfx card needs and you better have a look at the PSU blacklist thread.

OP
S

samurai3

Broken In
GTX 650 Ti performs better than HD7770 and granted you have a 400W PSu but it's quality can't even come close to anywhere CX430v2 like psus and such cherpa psus can't deliver the amount of power a good gfx card needs and you better have a look at the PSU blacklist thread.

I do saw the psu black list thread. I'm ready to purchase a new PSU for sure and regarding the card nvidia is good and which manufacturer should I go for??? Please help ....

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is nothing like Nvidia or AMD/ATI is good or bad. Both of them deliver quality products. You need to check at your budget which Graphics card performs best irrespective of the Company which designed the GPU. At a budget of 10K, currently GTX 650 Ti is the best card and you should opt for it.

Top Bottom