Graphics card+Motherboard Issue

arjun123100

Broken In
Hi friends,I have the motherboard P4M800PRO,processor:pentium 4 DDR2 and it has only a AGP 8pin slot.But without seeing that I ordered the ATI Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 from Flipkart which required PCI express 16 pin slot which I don't have.So I decided that I should change the motherboard and when asked to one shop he told that I should change the motherboard+processor+RAM.:cry:

Please Help me Friends.What Should I do now? Can I change the motherboard alone or should I change everything as mentioned above??:-?:-?

kisame

King of Heroes
If you have the dough,go for with mobo+proccy+ram.
Buying mobo for pentium 4 ain't worth it.

OP
A

arjun123100

Broken In
Ok I have some questions
1.do the change in motherboard means change in processor?
2.can my DDR3 graphics card work with the following: A new motherboard with PCI express slot+DDR2 Ram+Pentium 4 processor :-?

As I'm in tight budget can't afford RAM+Processor+Motherboard now..:(

OP
A

arjun123100

Broken In
1.If your mobo has different socket,then yes.
2.Yes it will work.

Ok,thanks Kisame..:)
can i find motherboards having Pentium 4 socket + PCI-ex slot, now at shops (or) it is obsolete?

Searched in net and found a mobo named Intel G41 LGA 775
LINK: Click Here..!
will it support pentium 4+DDR 2 RAM+DDR3 GPU?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Your P4 is LGA 775 based or LGA 478 based? IMO its the former as its running on DDR2 RAM.

You can run any graphics card with any processor, you just need to have PCIe 2.0 slot on your mobo. That doesnt depend on your processor and RAM.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Try to search for used LGA 775 based mobo in different forums, its not wise to spend money on EOL products. :p

saswat23

Human Spambot
If your P4 is LGA 775 based then get this: Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
Supports P4 and all other LGA 775 processors like C2Q and even the extreme ones. Also has option to use either DDR2 RAM or DDR3 RAM. Currently you can use your DDR2 RAM, later if you need better performance switch to DDR3.
Perfect for your needs.

kisame

King of Heroes
Go with the one saswat suggested.Its cheaper and supports both types memories.
Personally,I would suggest you to wait until you have money and then upgrade your mobo+proccy+ram.

OP
A

arjun123100

Broken In
Your P4 is LGA 775 based or LGA 478 based? IMO its the former as its running on DDR2 RAM.

You can run any graphics card with any processor, you just need to have PCIe 2.0 slot on your mobo. That doesnt depend on your processor and RAM.

Ok thanks for clearing my doubts..How to find whether its LGA 775 or LGA 478 based?

If your P4 is LGA 775 based then get this: Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
Supports P4 and all other LGA 775 processors like C2Q and even the extreme ones. Also has option to use either DDR2 RAM or DDR3 RAM. Currently you can use your DDR2 RAM, later if you need better performance switch to DDR3.
Perfect for your needs.
Thanks for your suggestion..Really a good value for money..:)

Go with the one saswat suggested.Its cheaper and supports both types memories.
Personally,I would suggest you to wait until you have money and then upgrade your mobo+proccy+ram.
I think i would go with the LGA 775 based motherboard and later upgrade the RAM and Processor..!!

saswat23

Human Spambot
Ok thanks for clearing my doubts..How to find whether its LGA 775 or LGA 478 based?

I think i would go with the LGA 775 based motherboard and later upgrade the RAM and Processor..!!

You just cant get LGA 775 board simply. What if your P4 is LGA 478 based. It wont run on LGA 775 socket. So, first of all do as TG has suggested above and let us know about your processor.

Top Bottom