graphics card installation .NEED HELP!!!!!

gunnergyan123

Broken In
my pc configuration is - Motherboard - intel dh67bl
Processor - intel core i5 2500k 3.3 ghz
corsair cx 500 v2 psu
corsair vebgence 4gb x 2 sticks of ram
corsair gt120 gb ssd
seagate barcuda hdd 512 gb 7200 rpm
NZXT phantom atx cabinet

i bought a ZOTAC Geforce gtx 660 ti graphic card and need help to install it in my pc..

should i uninstall the intel hd 3000 graphics driver before installing the card in to my pci slot ? is it necessary ? or its recommended to do so . And then install the nvidia drivers and , it will work perfectly or not ...or i have to configure or switch it to the nvidia graphic card from bios ....pls HELP me i am really confused about it ..

pls pls pls tell me the process of installing graphics card on intel dh67bl board ( STEP BY STEP )..

PLS HELP ME...

Cilus

laborare est orare
You don't need to uninstall the Intel HD Graphics driver AFAIK. Just plug the new Graphics card and install the latest nVidia Driver. Also no manual switching from IGP to PCI-E is needed. When you plug a discrete GPU, IGP will be automatically disabled.

But tell me one thing, why a H67 chipset based Motherboard with a K series Processor?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
my pc configuration is - Motherboard - intel dh67bl
Processor - intel core i5 2500k 3.3 ghz
corsair cx 500 v2 psu
corsair vebgence 4gb x 2 sticks of ram
corsair gt120 gb ssd
seagate barcuda hdd 512 gb 7200 rpm
NZXT phantom atx cabinet

i bought a ZOTAC Geforce gtx 660 ti graphic card and need help to install it in my pc..

should i uninstall the intel hd 3000 graphics driver before installing the card in to my pci slot ? is it necessary ? or its recommended to do so . And then install the nvidia drivers and , it will work perfectly or not ...or i have to configure or switch it to the nvidia graphic card from bios ....pls HELP me i am really confused about it ..

pls pls pls tell me the process of installing graphics card on intel dh67bl board ( STEP BY STEP )..

PLS HELP ME...

not necessary but recommended.

OP
G

gunnergyan123

Broken In
Because cilus at that time i was not interested to buy a graphics card .. but this motherboard is not that bad ...its just ok ...

Thanks a lot ...

noob

Cyborg Agent
So how did it went ? I have puchased the same card and have almost similar config as yours.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Because cilus at that time i was not interested to buy a graphics card .. but this motherboard is not that bad ...its just ok ...

Thanks a lot ...

Actually you could have gone with a Z68 Motherboard which provides display output for the Intel IGP. I was asking it because with H67, you can't overclock even if you're having a K series processor.

Top Bottom