Graphics Card fan making noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anshul

Journeyman
My graphics fan(8600 GT) has started making noise when my PC starts.
I opened up the cabinet and noticed that It made such noise at low speeds, that is during startup. I cleaned the dust on its fan......but does not help

What do I do.......?

Gfx overheated maybe. Try installing nvidia ntune or speed fan to know about the temp and tweak your fan speed. and post your questions in the sticky:eek:verheating issues thread

OP
anshul

anshul

Journeyman
It cant be overheating problem as the noise comes when the PC starts, when it gains full speed noise stops. I will try ntune and will let you know.....

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
It cant be overheating problem as the noise comes when the PC starts, when it gains full speed noise stops. I will try ntune and will let you know.....

nvidia 8600GT got the award for the overheating issues ,,, its a hot electric stove ,,, go for cooling needs for the card!!!

OP
anshul

anshul

Journeyman
No, I mean that when I start the PC after a long time it makes noise i.e when the card is out cold and is restarted........its fan doesnt get max speed until I log on and processes start running...........till then It makes noise and then the noise is over........

toofan

Technomancer
Then these are the symptoms of moisture in your pc. try to show it some sunlight for 10-15 minutes. Then check the result. and let us know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom