Graphic Card vs. Gaming console

Vishanseru9

Right off the assembly line
I am in a fix here. I am planning to go for some extreme gaming and want to buy myself a gaming console, the PS3. But i am basically interested in first person shooter games like COD etc. So here i have a choice to choose between the ATI Radeon HD 5770 and the PS3. Could anyone advise me on this. I would be very pleased then!

ankushkool

Youngling
No comparison... If u are only looking for gaming... go 4 PS3... (unless u wanna play strategy games :p)

read this : *answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080923181154AAsqMBw

and this : *forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/884980.html

try playing FPS with the PS3 controller... it may take some time but u will enjoy it.

Just get the PlayStation 3. Consoles get most of the AAA titles these days plus the kick-ass exclusives. PC gaming has more or less becomes a joke these days.

Anyone who wants to argue with me on this can bring it on. I'm in for a debate.

Xtormrage

Broken In
PS3 for sure.
The FPS games on PC have bvecome a joke since they are easily modded and hacked. Plus your PC can get a virus and crash. My Dell Alienware 15X did frequently. I lost about 1 lac. on it. :(

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
u have spent 1lac on a PC and couldn't even get a free antivirus (e.g. Avast) to protect it!!! that's a shame.

PC gaming all the way...remember a console is just a collection of hardware, heart of which is again a graphics card (along with proccy and all that jazz)...

Plus, you can always get a controller for your PC which will make it easier for you to play FPS games (as most of the console owners crib that keyboard and mouse are not ideal for playing such games on PC)

Xtormrage

Broken In
u have spent 1lac on a PC and couldn't even get a free antivirus (e.g. Avast) to protect it!!! that's a shame.

PC gaming all the way...remember a console is just a collection of hardware, heart of which is again a graphics card (along with proccy and all that jazz)...

Plus, you can always get a controller for your PC which will make it easier for you to play FPS games (as most of the console owners crib that keyboard and mouse are not ideal for playing such games on PC)

Look, I had Norton AntiVirus 2010 installed. The virus cleaned my HDD along with my antivirus. :(
Anyways, the PS3 controller is more fun than a mouse. My opinion. The only real issue I had is that I couldn't get a PS3 Headphone+Mic in India.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
Look, I had Norton AntiVirus 2010 installed. The virus cleaned my HDD along with my antivirus. :(
LOL!!

Anyways, the PS3 controller is more fun than a mouse. My opinion. The only real issue I had is that I couldn't get a PS3 Headphone+Mic in India.

Well for a FPS nothing beats the mouse.. Mouse is more accurate and easy to aim.. aiming on a controller sucks!!

Therapist

Broken In
All consoles fail under warranty. I have seen my friends' PS3s dying out on them. For the first instance of a PS3 meltdown your console is replaced with a refurbished one, thereafter you have to shell out 50% of the price every time your console dies. Just last week one of my friend's PS3 died and he's considering repairing and selling it off to build a gaming PC. Hear it right from the horse's mouth here:

PlayStation India Head, Atindriya Bose on PS3 warranty.

Top Bottom