graphic card @ 5k

u4upendra

Broken In
i want to buy a graphic card at price of 5k..... my systm configuratin is intel core 2 duo E7300@2.66GHZ, 2.66GHZ n 2gb ddr2 ram n 500gb seagate hdd.. main purpose for using graphic card is for using maya,shake,fusion renderng process and like to play pc games too plss give a valuble suggestions.....a

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
At the budget of 5K, there is only one option: Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB @ 4.5K. before purchasing do mention what PSU or SMPS u are having. If it is a local SMPS that comes as bundled with the Cabinet, then probably u have to upgrade it.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
but cilus dont you think those apps will be benefited from cuda?
if he can up his budget to 6.5k gts 450 will do good imo

mitraark

Decrepit
But may applications does specifically mention CUDA supported , so GTS450 should definately be on the cards.

But i own a 5670 myself and i guarantee you'll have no qualms if you get one.

Cilus

laborare est orare
that was history now when CUDA was new on the market. Currently all the major software brands like Adobe, Cyberlink, Corel, 3D studio support AMD APP also.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
check the new upcoming HD 6670 gpu which gives more performance than 5670. read the thread posted in Graphics card section.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
@sam

This card is aimed for budget constraint consumers, hence the price shouldnt be more than Rs 5000, or else this will go to Mainstream category.....

After 1 week, you will be able to know the prices..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. but 5k price range is already occupied by HD5670. & if you look at Anandtech's HD66670 review. on the very first page the prices are given. So if you convert the dollars to rupees & add the tax & whatever charges are there, HD6670 will cost ~7k.

$99 Radeon HD 6670
$95-$110 GeForce GTS 450
$79 Radeon HD 6570

so, it'll definitely cost more than a GTS450 which sells for 7-7.5k. so at least in the first 2-3 months don't expect it to be priced anywhere below 7k. or maybe 512Mb or GDDR3 based HD6670 will appear with a 6k pricetag.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think it will cost more than GTS 450 as it is a better performing card than HD 6670. Definitely it will be costlier than HD 5670 but I think it will be 6-6.5K range. Otherwise the card won't sell as HD 5750 is available in the 6.5-7K range

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Best Value for Money in this price tag is Sapphire HD 5670 1gig gddr5
It will handle all your requirement with ease.

Piyush

Lanaya
as already said above...5670 wins the deal
however you can get GTS 250 under 5.5k but requires a decent PSU

Top Bottom