GPU NEWS Channel

quicky008

Technomancer
The prices of these 3060tis are way too high, it seems with each new generation nvidia bumps up the costs of their gpus by a significant margin. 2060 was a sub 30k gpu, ideally 3060 should have been priced similar to it.

Can a 3060ti be paired with a 550w psu, like the corsair txm 550?it seems the recommended power supply for these cards is 600-650w

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The prices of these 3060tis are way too high, it seems with each new generation nvidia bumps up the costs of their gpus by a significant margin. 2060 was a sub 30k gpu, ideally 3060 should have been priced similar to it.

Can a 3060ti be paired with a 550w psu, like the corsair txm 550?it seems the recommended power supply for these cards is 600-650w
Even 2060 was priced higher, just because they believed how can they price it so low when it performs like 1080. Nvidia started it, AMD joined the trend because profit.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Lets say that if we had to import these cards, how much custom duty would you have to pay? Asking because a lot of people are saying that it's cheaper to buy these abroad.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Lets say that if we had to import these cards, how much custom duty would you have to pay? Asking because a lot of people are saying that it's cheaper to buy these abroad.
Custom duty is 18% on CIF value if imported under license.
Without license it can go as high as 40%

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Drop the idea, only way one should get any electronic item from abroad is the good old "asking someone to bring it" method.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

3060Ti performs better than 2080 Super and close to 2080 Ti in some cases:
Sad to see the high prices though. :(

Basically nvidia is forcing users into thinking if buying a used 2070S or 2080 for lower price than 3060Ti is worth it.

quicky008

Technomancer
Wanted to play cyberpunk 2077 but it appears to be very gpu intensive, acc. To gameplay videos that are available online, a 1060 6gb can only give 30-40 fps on avg. at 1080p.

If i were to upgrade my gpu to run this game, will the 2070 super be a good choice? The zotac variant is available for 35k-is it worth buying?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Wanted to play cyberpunk 2077 but it appears to be very gpu intensive, acc. To gameplay videos that are available online, a 1060 6gb can only give 30-40 fps on avg. at 1080p.

If i were to upgrade my gpu to run this game, will the 2070 super be a good choice? The zotac variant is available for 35k-is it worth buying?
Increase your budget a bit and try to get 3060Ti, which is close to 2080S
*in.aorus.com/event_html/1764/

Prices are live on Vedant, PC Studio, GamesNComps
Reddit thread from official Rep :

TheSloth

The Slowest One
*videocardz.com/newz/manli-submits-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-rtx-3070-ti-rtx-3060-and-rtx-3050-to-eec

The NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti is the next-gen flagship GPU featuring a GA102-250 processor. The rumors point towards 10496 CUDA cores, which is the same number of cores as RTX 3090. Unlike the big brother, RTX 3080 Ti would only feature 20 GB of GDDR6X memory. This is obviously a response to the AMD Radeon RX 6900XT which feature 16GB of GDDR6 memory.

Meanwhile, NVIDIA RTX 3060 is expected to launch in two variants. The 12GB model should feature 3840 CUDA cores, while the RTX 3060 6GB is rumored to offer 3584 CUDA cores. Both models will compete in the mid-range market where AMD’s Navi 22 is later expected to appear as well.

The RTX 3050 is the first GA107-based graphics card. This is an entry-level SKU that will sport 4GB GDDR6 memory. This is also the first time NVIDIA will bring ray tracing and tensor cores to this market segment.

This is not looking good for us consumers from price standpoint.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'd say, don't upgrade to only play Cyberpunk. It's a badly optimized game.

Meanwhile, if you have a Ryzen CPU, there is a hack going around to improve performance. Small hack makes big improvements Cyberpunk 2077 for AMD CPUs

quicky008

Technomancer
Currently all the rtx gpus are priced way too high, my first choice was a 3060ti, but it costs a bit too much at the moment.

My cpu is intel i5 10400f, i think it might be able to handle the game but alas, my gpu cannot which is rather odd as it can run even some demanding titles like red dead redemption 2 at 40-55 fps at med settings at 1080p.

Even witcher 3 didn't have such poor optimization at launch.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Currently all the rtx gpus are priced way too high, my first choice was a 3060ti, but it costs a bit too much at the moment.

My cpu is intel i5 10400f, i think it might be able to handle the game but alas, my gpu cannot which is rather odd as it can run even some demanding titles like red dead redemption 2 at 40-55 fps at med settings at 1080p.

Even witcher 3 didn't have such poor optimization at launch.
The thing is, the prices of these cards might come down, but by 1-2k at max. AMD will release their cards to not compete but to fill the gaps left in price segment. The FE version of 3060Ti costs 35900INR so AIB partners have priced it above 40k INR. In this Gigabyte sale last week, Eagle OC version was being sold at ~38K which many people bought from Vedant. I am not expecting the prices to go below this. Hope I am wrong on this.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't buy this guys. Just don't.

*www.techpowerup.com/277410/mysterious-geforce-gt-1010-rears-its-head-targeting-oems

wondering why even Nvidia bother to come out with this piece of crap ? Or they are too excited about something else ( giving investors something new to cheer on and continue the positive vibe ) :D

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The current GPU prices are so bad that 5500XT seems like a good option now. Is there any possibility the prices will come down after 6 months?

Top Bottom