GPU NEWS Channel

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
A moment of silence for [STRIKE]those who have been waiting patiently since last year for the next line of AMD products[/STRIKE] me.

It's still a heck of a card and for generations to come! Fury ain't gonna be cheap. Prices might come a bit down in an year but, gtx 970 is still and will be the vfm king. Viva LA nVidia.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Not looking good guys...not looking good. :'( :'( I sincerely expected a serious one-up.

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Launched - Review Roundup

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X 4 GB Review | techPowerUp

HARDOCP - Introduction to Fiji - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Card Review

I still have since AMD has bad repo with initial drivers.... :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Disappointment. A huge one.

980 Ti still the card to get. Especially when its 10% faster and cheaper.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Disappointment. A huge one.

980 Ti still the card to get. Especially when its 10% faster and cheaper.

sir, 980ti is not chaper, its priced at 650$ internationally , standing in the same podium where Fury X is. Uhm..yeah performance is around -2-7% slower in average in 4K and 7-9% in 1440P. Guess we expected too much.

But Small form factor, AIO cooling, HBM. Innovation,Period.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a heavily overclocked, water cooled 390x would have served them better, notwithstanding power consumption. :(

- - - Updated - - -

sir, 980ti is not chaper, its priced at 650$ internationally , standing in the same podium where Fury X is. Uhm..yeah performance is around -2-7% slower in average in 4K and 7-9% in 1440P. Guess we expected too much.

But Small form factor, AIO cooling, HBM. Innovation,Period.

First and foremost thing is performance, if it is not there, rest of the things doesn't really matter for most people. That 4GB VRAM is the biggest stumbling block of the card, a 50-100 USD lesser price, and the product would have looked far better, unless you really like to pay for that cooler.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Looks like a heavily overclocked, water cooled 390x would have served them better, notwithstanding power consumption. :(

- - - Updated - - -

First and foremost thing is performance, if it is not there, rest of the things doesn't really matter for most people.

True that.

Speaking of 390X, OC headroom is short, MSI's custom-design R9 390X Gaming comes with an additional overclock out of the box on both the GPU and memory for a 2% performance improvement. On top of that 100Mhz Core OC gives about 5-7% average improvement across games. Maxwell did it way better and way smoother.

And my god! i just checked the performance-per-watt ratio of R9-390X :shock:

350 W during typical gaming, with peaks at up to 370 W. The only card requiring more power is the R9 295X2!! Perf-watt ratio is even worse than a R9-295X2 !! :shock:

AMD u kidding me? :evil:

- - - Updated - - -

Honest Interview With AMD Senior Hardware Executive after Fury X Still-slower-than-gtx-980ti fiasco

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
FuryX sold out at all major retailers. We will have to wait and see how much market share AMD ends up with in this quarter.

AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X All Sold Out On First Day Of Launch - Online Retailers in Restocking Phase

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
FuryX sold out at all major retailers. We will have to wait and see how much market share AMD ends up with in this quarter.

AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X All Sold Out On First Day Of Launch - Online Retailers in Restocking Phase

they better sell their balls off this time around, there is a pile of fissile material stacking up in forums and sites from AMD fans, trust me many of them (well all of them ) had 650USD ready at their hand to buy Fury X, they just wanted to see it mopping the floor with a 980ti...and now they are Fury-ous

Top Bottom