Sources :p

*www.tomshardware.com/news/inno3d-geforce-gtx-480-fermi,9872.html
*www.tomshardware.com/news/evga-geforce-gtx-480-470,9868.html

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
*i42.tinypic.com/9vgvt4.jpg

GUYS, GTX478/GTX280 has been benchmarked by pcgh.de, but they have removed it from their site now as the NDA is tomorrow!!!!

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
But the damn price is going to be high I think.. still, I think that there's going to be a lot of improvement in the CUDA department.. damn, I should've waited for this before getting my XFX 4870 1 GB..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
This card takes in more power than HD5970 which is a dual GPU card. No wonder why nVidia is not looking at dual-GPU fermi.

6 months wait, heavy on power, blazing hot, pricier than competition. All for 10%-15% increase in performance? Nvidia has lost this round of bottle really bad.

Given that ATI is soon going to release a 2GB version of HD5870, the gap will further decrease.

the funniest thing is that today's release of Fermi is a paper release and god knows how long it is going to take for this card to reach Indian market.

And ironically, in dx11 games, as the resolution went up, the difference between HD5870 and GTX480 came down unlike what Nvidia said about dx11 performance of this card.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ I seriously doubt if it will stay alive till end of this year. Nvidia should be fast cooking it's successor now :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
yes!..nvidia has to do something with the heating issue!.and the power consumption too, is way too high...

Krow

Crowman
They can beat 5970 by introducing gtx 485 with two gtx 470's slied.
And temperatures? Microwave will become a blast furnace!

This is a more practical, though expensive solution:

*www.techspot.com/news/38446-evga-unveils-water-cooled-geforce-gtx-480-and-470.html

*www.evga.com/FORUMS/tm.aspx?m=271190

*www.evga.com/articles/00539/

EVGA's Water cooled GTX 470 and 480.

EVGA HC FTW GTX480 touches 49 deg C on load according to the second link above.

quan chi

mortal kombat
And temperatures? Microwave will become a blast furnace!

lol yeah actually thats the main problem! Temperature skyrockets within few mins.

btw that can be also taken care of if they provide a better cooling solution too.To be precise providing a good cooling solution also adds to the cost therefore increasing its price.

therefore lets hope they find a solution for it too.

anyways you forgot to mention one thing what about the power consumptions.
it also consumes a lot of wattage.

anyways ati also had similar kind of problem with their earlier 4800 series cards.

Last edited:

konglinda

Right off the assembly line
There are many producs in the market ,but according to the use frequency,this product is the best choice, I bet you will have a suprising result,just have a try!

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
The World First Palit GTX 460 1GB SONIC Platinum solution is available around the globe

Palit "NEW" GTX460 card. MSRP starting at $199!

These cards are getting excellent reviews. I will post them when they are released. Finally DX11 card that is under $200 and can be overclocked.

Source:palitusa facebook page
The World First Palit GTX 460 1GB SONIC Platinum solution is available around the globe

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^Saw the review this morning, NVIDIA has finally learnt a lesson eih?
Very excited abt this card, might even get one :D
Any idea abt when this card will be available here in india?? And the price?

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
ASUS Mars 2 teases superpowered dual GeForce GTX 480 goodness -- Engadget

take a look at ASUS MARS II , with Dual GTX480 GPU

Piyush

Lanaya
different variants of gtx 460 analysed

Roundup: Nine GeForce GTX 460 1 GB Boards Benchmarked : Shuffling Through The Cards

tkin

Back to school!!
AMD Radeon HD 6770 and 6750 spec sheets emerge, give NVIDIA cause for concern
Not a year has passed since HD58xx series was launched, Amd is already planning to release yet another generation of gpus, straight from hells heart itself:
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/10x0927biy2rtefdvbnd4.jpg

As you can see HD6750 has 280x4=1120 shaders, making it slower than HD5850 but faster than HD5830(as processing power indicates), has TDP of 114w(basically allowing it to run with just one pciex6 connector)therefore it will trade blows with GTX460.

The 6770 is a hell lot faster than HD5850 with 1280 shader only, this is probably due to the new shader architecture which happens to a be a lot faster and efficient than the previous shader architecture, the new card will also have 146w TDP being very cool indeed, the card will also have a 900MHz default clockspeed, making it history's fastest GPU, although TU will decrease but due to new architecture the texture/pixel fillrate is also higher than HD5850.

The new products will PROBABLY be placed like this:

HD6970-------------------------->GTX480 SLI
HD6870(possible 1920 shaders)--->GTX460 SLI
HD6850------------------------->GTX480
HD5870------------------------->GTX470
HD6770------------------------->(unreleased GTX460 with 384 shaders)
HD5850------------------------->Fill gap between HD6750 and GTX460 384
HD6750------------------------->GTX460
HD5770------------------------->GTS450
HD56xx------------------------->GTS430

Looks like HD5830 will be eol'd, the initial release will be HD67xx only, HD58xx will continue till Q1/Q2 2011 when HD68xx wll take over and compete with Kepler.

PS: This is pure speculation, but a few sources are claiming it to be true, while I doubt the shader numbers and clock speed but if they deliver nVidia will die(which would suck), they need to do what they did to the GTX460 to the GTX480(remove ecc and stuff) and get nice gpus out, competition drives the market, its the GTX460 that forced these cards to come out, we need more.
Prices are not revealed or leaked yet, but 67xx series will be a tad bit higher than previous gen HD57xxs.

Linky: UPDATED: [Rumour] AMD Radeon HD 6700 Specification Chart leaked by VR-Zone.com

Last edited:
Top Bottom