GPU NEWS Channel

Nerevarine

Incarnate
try running it on hd 4000 on an i7 3770k (i hav)...........

- - - Updated - - -

ok i dnt hav proper knowledge on this but what i read somewhere was AMD's mantle reduces cpu bottleneck from games???

HD 4000 is not a gaming GPU, even then I hear it should handle med settings 1366x768 pretty fine

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
try running it on hd 4000 on an i7 3770k (i hav)...........

- - - Updated - - -

ok i dnt hav proper knowledge on this but what i read somewhere was AMD's mantle reduces cpu bottleneck from games???

that is benificiable for the lower end cpus(apus) afaik.

Piyush

Lanaya
Then HDMI cable is only for TVs where VGA to DVI isnt present?
If not, whats the need of HDMI cable in computer setups?

Cilus

laborare est orare
get a HDMI cable, cost will be around 500 bucks for a good quality one. HDMI transfer lossless digital video and audio signals to the display, without any loss of quality whereas VGA needs to convert the signal to analogue 1st resulting quality loss.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i dnt remember who but some one told me something like to check my gpu he said some r9 280x cards are actually r9 290's with 280x firmware because they were short on 280's tat time...

is this true???

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
i remember he mentioned 280x only........ i know its impossible to do tat anyway..........

280 and 290 are of entirely different architecture. However AMD indeed supplied some 290 cards that were actually locked 290x. So users could possibly unlock them to 290x's potential. But they are in the initial stocks majorly. Rare now.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
280 and 290 are of entirely different architecture. However AMD indeed supplied some 290 cards that were actually locked 290x. So users could possibly unlock them to 290x's potential. But they are in the initial stocks majorly. Rare now.

OC UK actually unlocked them and had them for sell

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-tonga-gpu-efficient,26811.html - with such funny name be it Tonga or bonga :D I'm sure AMD will price it right and this is going to redefine what should be called low end gaming graphics card. The day is coming soon when R7 240 like cards will take the place of low end HTPC come gaming card like GT210 / HD6450 ;)

Top Bottom