GPU NEWS Channel

Piyush

Lanaya
it should handle 270x perfectly fine. make sure you do not overclock anything.

Well it will be on the boundary line, no?
Also, since its 2-3 yrs old so I'm adding 20% of capacitor ageing factor too.

Anyways lets suppose the psu will be able to handle 270X, my next question will be : Is the bump in price of 270X over 270 worth it?
I mostly play games like Dota2, Ghost Recon Phantoms, Skyrim, Borderlands 2 (which are not very much GPU intensive). But I also have a sweet spot for games like Witcher 3, GTA V, Watchdogs, etc (all of those which belong to series well known for GPU hunger)

- - - Updated - - -

And wont my CPU will be bottlenecking the GPU?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Anyways lets suppose the psu will be able to handle 270X, my next question will be : Is the bump in price of 270X over 270 worth it?
I mostly play games like Dota2, Ghost Recon Phantoms, Skyrim, Borderlands 2 (which are not very much GPU intensive). But I also have a sweet spot for games like Witcher 3, GTA V, Watchdogs, etc (all of those which belong to series well known for GPU hunger)

- - - Updated - - -

*www.anandtech.com/show/7503/the-amd-radeon-r9-270x-270-review-feat-asus-his/16
Witcher 3, GTA V, Watchdogs, all are/going to be demanding both on cpu and gpu as well.
regarding bottleneck, i am not too sure. it is still considerably slower(around 20-30fps) than i3 2120 though.

Piyush

Lanaya
*www.anandtech.com/show/7503/the-amd-radeon-r9-270x-270-review-feat-asus-his/16
Witcher 3, GTA V, Watchdogs, all are/going to be demanding both on cpu and gpu as well.
regarding bottleneck, i am not too sure. it is still considerably slower(around 20-30fps) than i3 2120 though.

So what do you suggest?
Also, can you find me a benchmark in which 265, 270 and 270x are compared?

- - - Updated - - -

btw 270X for 14.5K here

- - - Updated - - -

MSI R7 265 abv for 12.7K and Sapphire DualX 265 for 13.4 from flipkart

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
So what do you suggest?
Also, can you find me a benchmark in which 265, 270 and 270x are compared?

- - - Updated - - -

btw 270X for 14.5K here

- - - Updated - - -

MSI R7 265 abv for 12.7K and Sapphire DualX 265 for 13.4 from flipkart

see here *www.anandtech.com/show/7754/the-amd-radeon-r7-265-r7-260-review-feat-sapphire-asus/5
remember some members have bad experiences from snapdeal. just take enough care of the seller. 14.5k is definitely a good price for the 270x.
if you can upgrade to atleast fx 6300, it will be really good. what is your current mobo?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post the manufacturer and complete model no. Hint : use cpu-z :D

Anyway, AM3 board is not going to support AM3+ cpu and here's a nice deal on Sapphire DualX 265 :
*mdcomputers.in/sapphire-graphics-card-r7-265-2gb-ddr5-dual-x.html

Piyush

Lanaya
Post the manufacturer and complete model no. Hint : use cpu-z :D

Anyway, AM3 board is not going to support AM3+ cpu and here's a nice deal on Sapphire DualX 265 :
*mdcomputers.in/sapphire-graphics-card-r7-265-2gb-ddr5-dual-x.html

mobo:
IIRC we both have same CPU (Athlon II x4 635 or was it Phenom 945 BE)
PSU

I dont wanna upgrade anything, will be adding GPU only. So what do you think will be best deal? Can spend upto 15-16K

Piyush

Lanaya
Go for the R9 270x if you have the money lol..

I have the dough. But what about bottlenecking and PSU wattage?

- - - Updated - - -

Just did some research... 270X will be risky . My PSU will come in "just sufficient" category.
So I'll either go for 270 if I got a good deal or will settle with 265 .

If I take 265 as base 100% for performance scale

265: 130W with 1x 6pin, 100%, avb @ 12.2K
270: 150W with 1x 6pin, 109%, avb @ 13.5K
270x: 170W with 2x 6pin, 121%, avb @ 15K

Piyush

Lanaya
So I'm confirming R9 270 then. Will wait for [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] or [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] or [MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] response for the final decision. Or any guy who had some sort of experience with MDcomputers can hop in.
Will be ordering it from MDcomputers. Since I will be asking them for the first time, wanna know about their service and all.
The price will be same for Delhi-NCR region or they will include some delivery charges?

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Radeon R9 295X2 8 GB In CrossFire: Gaming At 4K

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-295x2-crossfire-performance,3808.html

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm confirming R9 270 then. Will wait for [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] or [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] or [MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] response for the final decision. Or any guy who had some sort of experience with MDcomputers can hop in.
Will be ordering it from MDcomputers. Since I will be asking them for the first time, wanna know about their service and all.
The price will be same for Delhi-NCR region or they will include some delivery charges?

+1 anytime for any R9 series cards. more VFM than any R7. For md info ask anirbandd or cilus.

Cilus

laborare est orare
mdcomputer and Vedant both are very reliable shops and check both of them for their final prices (Product Cost + Shipping). Here is the link of Vedant: *vedantcomputers.com/ and this is the shop from where Gameranand has purchased his 1.5L rig.
Now regarding the PSU thing, I think you're opt for 270 instead of 270X due to the lower capacity. Now 270 is just a slightly lower clocked 270X and there is no other differeces between those two. Also the price differences are very very small now a days. So buy a 270X and downclock it by 100MHz and it will come to the same power envelom of R9 270. Regarding price, if you're opting for the Sapphire Dual X version, currently snapdeal is offering the cheapest Online price, 14.7K. Link: *www.snapdeal.com/product/sapphire-radeon-r9-270x-2gbddr5/1555288064

Piyush

Lanaya
Umm then whats the point of getting a 270X if I'm going to downclock it? Also, will the TDP come down to 150W from 180W as well?
Personally, I have mixed feeling for Snapdeal and its retailers. So will buy from MD /Ved

- - - Updated - - -

Also I might add another HDD and OC my slow CPU a lil bit... like 100-200 MHz. Thats why I was thinking to maintain a space for these. What do you think now [MENTION=68896]Cilus[/MENTION] ?

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is derailing coz of me.. so I bumped my thread
my thread
Mods plz dlt or move my posts to the mentioned thread if required.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The point of getting a 270X is the price is almost same and in future if you upgrade your PSU, you can use the card to its full potential. And yes, downclocking will reduce the TDP to 270's level.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Palit GTX 780 6GB, FB dint help much but i'm really surprised to see the SLI perf in some games nearing to 295X2

*hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/69713-palit-geforce-gtx-780-jetstream-6gb-sli/

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

- - - Updated - - -

you are kidding right???