GPU NEWS Channel

quicky008

Technomancer
They still haven't said anything about whether their upcoming mid tier gpus will feature ray tracing or not-so for a lot of people like me who have been waiting for long to upgrade and have been sitting on the fence about whether to go for an older or a next gen card,this makes the situation all the more complicated.

Personally i would like to buy a 1060 as my 750ti just doesn't cut it anymore when it comes to running more demanding titles-but i am afraid of buying something which might get completely obsolete a few months down the line with the launch of the newer gpus,so i am really in a kind of dilemma here.

ssb1551

Technomancer
RTX is quite new. Only a few games released this year will have support for it. Even if the games that will release next year will have it the developers will still take time to perfect it, get used to the API and a lot more. And you can play games without RTX. I would suggest get 1070 now if you wanna play in FHD and dont wanna upgrade the GPU for next 2 years or so. Or you can wait for few more months and the price of 1080 might come down.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
RTX is quite new. Only a few games released this year will have support for it. Even if the games that will release next year will have it the developers will still take time to perfect it, get used to the API and a lot more. And you can play games without RTX. I would suggest get 1070 now if you wanna play in FHD and dont wanna upgrade the GPU for next 2 years or so. Or you can wait for few more months and the price of 1080 might come down.
Does 1070 do FHD 60FPS consistently?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
Is this a decent gpu for 1080p gaming?

ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMING | Graphics Cards | ASUS India

Will it work with a corsair TX M 550W power supply?And more importantly,will it fit into a corsair Spec 01 case?

As this is an OC edition card,will it be a good idea to run it on a 550w power supply?Could it possibly cause any stability issues(such as system restarts etc) while gaming?

Last edited:

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Is this a decent gpu for 1080p gaming?

ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMING | Graphics Cards | ASUS India

Will it work with a corsair TX M 550W power supply?And more importantly,will it fit into a corsair Spec 01 case?

As this is an OC edition card,will it be a good idea to run it on a 550w power supply?Could it possibly cause any stability issues(such as system restarts etc) while gaming?
Yes great card for 1080p even 1440p if you manage quality settings. 550W is plenty for this card. You can try to undervolt it to reduce power consumption.

quicky008

Technomancer
^how is Amd in terms of driver support? Do they release updated drivers for their gpus on a regular basis, like nvidia?

Is the performance of a 1060 6gb similar to or significantly lower than rx 580?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
^how is Amd in terms of driver support? Do they release updated drivers for their gpus on a regular basis, like nvidia?

Is the performance of a 1060 6gb similar to or significantly lower than rx 580?

Performance wise RX 580 is silghtly better than GTX 1060 6GB.

*tpucdn.com/reviews/MSI/RX_580_Mech_2/images/perfrel_1920_1080.png

I think drivers are on par with Nvidia just not they don't manage to release drivers day 1 (game releases) like Nvidia does. But I don't think anyone here really plays games on launch date.

quicky008

Technomancer
will i get any warranty in kolkata if i buy an used gpu that was originally purchased in southern india,provided there is a valid bill?

And how's the after sales service of MSI as far as their gpus are concerned?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
will i get any warranty in kolkata if i buy an used gpu that was originally purchased in southern india,provided there is a valid bill?

And how's the after sales service of MSI as far as their gpus are concerned?

warranty on s/n may be possible without any bill or a bill is also finee. If you purchased a GPU here you are entitled to get warranty - region does not matter. As for the service MSI is dodgy at the best. Go through my MSI RMA experience and you will know but things might have changed now.

Top Bottom