Government directs all private ISPs to provide broadband at 2 MBPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD17

Journeyman
if they start giving 2Mbps like bsnl is giving me now (my speed has gone from 32KB/s to something like 15KB/s) then I'd rather choose to hibernate in this "year of broadband"...

===================================
Upto 1/2 mbps with data limit
=================================
Exact : 64/128/256/512 kbps with unlimited data usage
================================

Best option is unlimited data usage.

why ?

1. Dont worry of data limit. no tension of extra amount... :(
2. Good sleep... (why 2 to 8 night time) :mad:
3. No worry if site contains ads or flash animations...it cosumes more data..
4. No virus/tojan problem. suppose if u get something virus type file, then it may be eat ur more data-bandwidth.... u cant rely for security on any anti virus/isp compnay if virus/tojan is new..
5. u cant get exact speed in " Upto .. kbps/mbps ". Depends on server load. if u get less speed, than u cant argue against ISP..b/s they write "Upto ..."
6. more u surf, more u get information.. try to download much... :D
7. u dont have to check ur a/c status everyday... ;)
8. u get both advantages in unlimited plan http+torrent download/upload...
9. all soft,music,movies,ebooks,videos..warez..now available on net...u can get if u know how to search... needs more surfing time...
10. if ur a/c used by any applications or other user in data limit plan..
it is possible to get user/pw of isp a/c...:cool:

some observations of mine...

mkmkmk

In the zone
VD17 said:
if they start giving 2Mbps like bsnl is giving me now (my speed has gone from 32KB/s to something like 15KB/s) then I'd rather choose to hibernate in this "year of broadband"...

hahahaha nice reply

OP
NucleusKore

NucleusKore

TheSaint
24online said:
===================================
Upto 1/2 mbps with data limit
=================================
Exact : 64/128/256/512 kbps with unlimited data usage
================================

Best option is unlimited data usage.

why ?

1. Dont worry of data limit. no tension of extra amount... :(
2. Good sleep... (why 2 to 8 night time) :mad:
3. No worry if site contains ads or flash ...

I second all the above. I can browse ANYTIME of the day or night ON MY TERMS, at a constant speed of 256 kpbs, without worrying about excess billing

iinfi

mekalodu
u guys think they are gona have a plan without data caps.. i personally dont think so.
private operators will stops plans without data caps.
and we will have 2Mbps 1GB download limit .... lets switch off the PC and dance .... [:d]

kumarmohit

Technomancer
champ_rock said:
dude sify does not even have a combined plan to allow daytime capped and night time unlimited usage right now.. how can u expect them to start with 2mbps?? it will be a surprise to me when they start such a service..

HuH I use such a plan 150 MB in day 10PM to 8AM free @ 256kbps cost 915 Rs. in Delhi and hope sify upgrades it to 2MBps (yes MB) but Iwill be satisfied if they even do upto 2Mbps

mkmkmk

In the zone
Mailed sify twice about future plans....and i got this useless replies.......

Thank you for contacting Sify Customercare. We are writing to let you know that we have received your
mail and it has been allocated tracking number 2284753. Should you need to contact us again for followup
on particular inquiry, referencing this number will help us to assist you better.

Rest assured that our Customercare team will reply to you within 24 hours.

Thanks again for writing in to Sify Customercare.

Best Regards

Sify Customercare

-----------------------------

Dear Mr.Manoj,

Thank you for contacting Sify Customercare.

We, at Sify, firmly believe that customers, who take the efforts to complain/provide feedback about our services, care for the relationship we share. We are extremely confident that we will win back your confidence in our services by not only meeting your expectations but also surpassing the
standards of service.With your request ,we wish you to inform that ,we will have a check on the same in future .

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you !

Warm Regards

Abdul Rasheed

Customercare@Sify
ISO 9001:2000 certified
Have a nice day !

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
lets hope for the best.I think the other ISP will start 2mbps speed with limited dowload package...and than they may give unlimited in next 2-3 yrs....hummmm

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I hope that even if they dont bump up speeds for unltd programs they do not kill the plans altogether as ppl are getting suspicious.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
mkmkmk said:
Mailed sify twice about future plans....and i got this useless replies.......

Thank you for contacting Sify Customercare. We are writing to let you know that we have received your
mail and it has been allocated tracking number 2284753. Should you need to contact us again for followup
on particular inquiry, referencing this number will help us to assist you better.

Rest assured that our Customercare team will reply to you within 24 hours.

Thanks again for writing in to Sify Customercare.

Best Regards

Sify Customercare

-----------------------------

Dear Mr.Manoj,

Thank you for contacting Sify Customercare.

We, at Sify, firmly believe that customers, who take the efforts to complain/provide feedback about our services, care for the relationship we share. We are extremely confident that we will win back your confidence in our services by not only meeting your expectations but also surpassing the
standards of service.With your request ,we wish you to inform that ,we will have a check on the same in future .

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you !

Warm Regards

Abdul Rasheed

Customercare@Sify
ISO 9001:2000 certified
Have a nice day !

If you afford to waste your Money go with Sify, why give your money to sify, give it to me I will provide same service as Sify will provides you.

i.e. No SERVICE WITH FULL CHARGE;)

mkmkmk

In the zone
@stick......

i m satisfied with sify..paying 1100 for unlimited 256 kbps...since 1 yr i have this package....and hardly getting disconnection in month ..(usual reason is load shedding ) .runnging pc 24/7.....getting speed 28-30 KBps....monthly download is...30-40 GB.....
my torrrent speed is 25-28 kBps....so i dont find any reason to shift for another isp.....
in my area sify is dominant and have good support.....after complaint usually i m getting connection back in 4-6 hrs..and some time sify makes call back to ask me whether u r problem is solved or not .

i m sure all this is shocking to u ..becoz u have lot of anger for sify....but it depends upon region to region..so stop blaming whole sify.

champ_rock

champ_rock
you have seen SIfy's plans- way tooo costly man.. the CTO cannot be blamed for that
secondly, the plan which is being listed as Rs. 450 on their website actually costs Rs. 590 to end user like me.. because service charge + CTO maintaience extra.. :( sify does not CTO's fom charging maintainence.. others broadband providers seem to be having NO MAINTAINENCE COSTS ...

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
mkmkmk said:
@stick......

i m satisfied with sify..paying 1100 for unlimited 256 kbps...since 1 yr i have this package....and hardly getting disconnection in month ..(usual reason is load shedding ) .runnging pc 24/7.....getting speed 28-30 KBps....monthly download is...30-40 GB.....
my torrrent speed is 25-28 kBps....so i dont find any reason to shift for another isp.....
in my area sify is dominant and have good support.....after complaint usually i m getting connection back in 4-6 hrs..and some time sify makes call back to ask me whether u r problem is solved or not .

i m sure all this is shocking to u ..becoz u have lot of anger for sify....but it depends upon region to region..so stop blaming whole sify.
exact same with me.

I love Sify :)

Taran0000

Broken In
The thing matter is here we do not have appropriate Hardware for 2Mbps speeds. Like what BSNL did is Upgraded all plans with same Hardware. Now, problem we are facing is high ping. They said Upgradation of hardware will completes in MArch means we should have to face 2 more months with High ping.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
mkmkmk said:

Well there was one incident where my internet wasn't working after a new connection of Sify. I kept complaining for 3 days and later I said I wanted a refund or I'll move to consumer court. The local provider of Sify then sent a few goondas to my house to threaten me to stop my actions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom