Got problem with Car windshiled need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eureca_eureca

In the zone
I got some stains on my windshield , experts says it caused by borewell water washing , i have been cleaning my car with bore well water ever since i bought it .
Driving at Rainy nights is impossible to me , can this stains be removed ?from the glass , would thinner work ? ?

monsoons are soon approaching , i am scared driving at night with that stains on .

please help me with a solution

dont know if this question is fit for this forums :)

slugger

Banned
try it at ur own risk tho :)

both r pretty strong cleaning agents - will not be held responsible if your windshield suddenly turns into gooey blubber

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
collin the glass cleaner or acetone

Beware test a small area probably at the bottom right or left of windshield to see if any side effects are there in case of strong agents

praka123

left this forum longback
^well,what about car shampoo's then?most of these stains will be cleared by these shampoos :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I am planning to use thinner but that can remove the paint too ..need to be extra careful when using it , but not sure if that would work BTW what is IMO stains ?
thinner imo contains acetone so beware of dissolving any organic artifact with it :D

I remember an instance in which my classmate stuck a tattoo to a friend on forehead...lol....and then he tried and tried but in vain...finally i got an idea and we went to chemistry lab...where the attendant used acetone to remove that away in a jiffy :D:D:D

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
I am planning to use thinner but that can remove the paint too ..need to be extra careful when using it , but not sure if that would work BTW what is IMO stains ?
i meant to write "in my opinion, stains will not be permanent".:D
coz its most probably just salt deposition.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^Wrong section, post under Hardware Troubleshooting.

LOL! jk. You can try acetone. My friend and me played with it on cleaning stains.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
This may bit weird.....

Try newspapaer....yeas newspaper....and rub it dry..then just use plain water....try mineral water....heard this when i was in college..our college bus drivers did this....

din

Tribal Boy
Please do not think I am advertising or spaming, I am no way related to this site.

*www.indiacar.com

Its good for everything related to cars including advise, expert opinion etc. You can try posting this in their message board.

OP
E

eureca_eureca

In the zone
thinner imo contains acetone so beware of dissolving any organic artifact with it :D

I remember an instance in which my classmate stuck a tattoo to a friend on forehead...lol....and then he tried and tried but in vain...finally i got an idea and we went to chemistry lab...where the attendant used acetone to remove that away in a jiffy :D:D:D

:) Poor guy , or else he would have to carry it for rest of his life :)

This may bit weird.....

Try newspapaer....yeas newspaper....and rub it dry..then just use plain water....try mineral water....heard this when i was in college..our college bus drivers did this....

news paper with black print in it are excellent clearners , actually the best in removing oily left out not removing these kind of stains

finally i ll have to use thinner or better take my car to the painter :)

Please do not think I am advertising or spaming, I am no way related to this site.

*www.indiacar.com

Its good for everything related to cars including advise, expert opinion etc. You can try posting this in their message board.

the best advise i got from the car manufacturers is that i need to change windshield :)

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Best thing to do for the windshield? Just pour a sachet of glass cleaner shampoo, sold under the Maruti brand, into the water compartment (the one used to spray water on the windshield )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom