Hi everybody,

I bought a new Thinkpad, wwoooooowww

Model Name: Thinkpad R400
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5670
Chipset: Intel GM945 Express Chipset
Memory: 2 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 (800 MHz)
Graphics: Intel GMA X4500 MHD
HDD: 160 GB Serial ATA, 150 MB/sec @ 5400 rpm
Optical Drive: 8x SuperMulti LightScribe Double Layer (8.5 GB) DVD +RW/ +R Writer
Display: 14" Widescreen with Antiglare
Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth 2.0
Wireless LAN: Intel WiFi Link 5300 Wireless AGN
Digital Media Reader: 7 in 1
Modem: Integrated 56K Modem
2GB intel turbo memory (robson 2), magnesium alloy chassis, 6 cell battery, track pad and track point, back pack.
3 Years international warranty

Price: 33K

Directly from Lenovo in a bulk deal with my friends

what you say on the deal.

OP
T

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
yes it has 1394 port in the front

IEEE 1394 and firewire are the same, it also has a flashlight for working in dark. and has a really solid built.

Last edited:
OP
T

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
well thats a difficult question,
the laptop I got does not have a webcam, does not have a fingerprint reader, has a low end processor.
but my laptop has latest intel chipset, has 3 yrs intl warranty, has vista business, also comes with a carry case.

in the general market, the models usually avaliable have webcam and fingerprint reader.
and also usually come with a higher series processor.
if you add 3 yrs warranty to it and vista business--- the price goes up.
I also have MS office 2007 original pre-installed full version.

if you include that also-
total price somewhere around 70k (but with a higher processor and webcam,fingerprint,ms office 2007, 3 yrs warranty)

this laptop is equivalent to dell latitude D630 and that also is around 70k

Infact dell latest model E6400 with the same specs as mine, but with a P series processor costs Rs. 1.2 lakhs in India.
but the older D630 model is cheaper and costs around 75k.

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ Yeah thats understandable. :neutral:

Could you actually brief us on the exact method you used to get the laptop? DO you work for any software firm, MNC? How many buyers were there in group deal?

The thing is, my dad needs a new laptop, and the consumer laptops available nowadays looks so funky. A laptop which looks professional, possible black and without the curves would suit dads more. And he would not need it to have a webcam, fingerprint reader. It should look like something businessmen carry.

So I was intrested in the laptop you bought.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Nice! I think we got the same kind of deal. :)

I would've opted for a discrete graphics card though. You never know what game might catch your fancy down the line. :)

Last edited:

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
you got it very cheap. It cost something around Rs.70,000. Wish you all the best. I am also thinking of buying one. But I have no deals.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ None are essential. Your Proccy is good enough. And you can always get an aftermarket webcam and fingerprint reader. Look at the brighter side, similar laptop costs More than 50k to us normal people. :/

OP
T

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
I use vista, adobe acrobat 9 professional, adobe photoshop, windows media player, kaspersky, firefox, internet explorer, yahoo messenger and a few other applications as well.

and I multitask a lot.

Rouge thread in svchost, I think.

what is that?

Last edited:

vinu32in

Broken In
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HI FRIENDS
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I have a HP-Compaq Presario F700 just 6 months old Still in warranty.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Configuration
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AMD Dual Core 64X 19 00 , 1 GB Ram, 120 GB HD SATA, WEB CAM,Wireless In built,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]integrated Graphics Card, 4 in Card reader, 15.4 inch WXGA LCD,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Windows Vista Ultimate Genuine Free..[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ONLY 6 MONTHS USED
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VINOD AUTI[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9967389285 / 9870059939[/FONT]

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
I use vista, adobe acrobat 9 professional, adobe photoshop, windows media player, kaspersky, firefox, internet explorer, yahoo messenger and a few other applications as well.

and I multitask a lot.

what is that?
Spikes in processor usage generally allude to a faulty DLL or thread. Process Explorer (freeware) should help you locate the cause of such spikes. Unless you're into rendering videos or encoding music files, processor usage shouldn't really 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom