Got my N900 ! <<pics and impressions>>

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
Hey Nikhil...

What did you not like about the N900 ? You said you have mixed reactions...

I am enjoying the cellphone right now so would like to know what you did not like.

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
Hey... read your post. Hmm interesting to get another persons perspective on the device.

Well i pretty much found all the types of apps i needed. Games might be limited but then thats what emulators are there for :D

On the thickness part , i would disagree a little bit as the device i think fits really well in the hand.

The speaker of N900 does not sound too loud, I wonder if in a Noisy Background one would be able to hear a call ring or not ? Whats your experience is the ringtone loud enough.

I've experienced the same problem. With headset the music quality is outstanding

N900 is heavy, 180G, which gives a feel of a strong build quality. So it speakers should be good. It is the software bug which should subsequently be cleard with next fireware release.

nikhilpai

Techans
Hey... read your post. Hmm interesting to get another persons perspective on the device.

Well i pretty much found all the types of apps i needed. Games might be limited but then thats what emulators are there for :D

On the thickness part , i would disagree a little bit as the device i think fits really well in the hand.

Hmm. I am willing to somehow manage with the thickness of the phone & lack of portrait browsing throughout the phone. But there is simply no good app for Twitter. And Twitter is one of my most used application on a mobile. :(

Kvishal

In the zone
Guys,

Especially @Maverick786us @nikhilpai @Follower of Krazzy

I read it on someoone's post I think it was @nikhilpai that the Screen Resolution of the N900 is breathtaking. So do you guys think it is of any match to the screen of the iPhone, I have a feeling that the iPhone screen is more Vivid, Bright isn't it ? What do you guys think. Hence I think watching a Video or a Movie on the iPhone is more pleasurable then the N900 ? is it not ? I kind of feel that the N900 screen is a little dim. What do the New owners of the N900 feel ?

@Maverick786us so r u confirming that the speaker of the N900 is not loud enough to give a ringtone which can be even heard in Noisy Backgrounds ?

Last edited:
Nah its just the flashy interface of iPhone that makes it look bright. Yes with present firmware only 64K colors are present, which gives the look and feel of N900s screen bit dull. But with significant firmware update N900 too will support 16-Bit colors, that will be great

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys,

I read it on someoone's post I think it was @nikhilpai that the Screen Resolution of the N900 is breathtaking. So do you guys think it is of any match to the screen of the iPhone, I have a feeling that the iPhone screen is more Vivid, Bright isn't it ? What do you guys think. Hence I think watching a Video or a Movie on the iPhone is more pleasurable then the N900 ? is it not ? I kind of feel that the N900 screen is a little dim. What do the New owners of the N900 feel ?

@Maverick786us so r u confirming that the speaker of the N900 is not loud enough to give a ringtone which can be even heard in Noisy Backgrounds ?

I personally felt that movie playback on N900 was pretty good. But you just can't hold this device in hand for long time. That is why I still prefer watching videos on thinner and lighter devices like ipod touch, legend.

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
Guys,

The screen resolution is 800x480 which is vastly superior to that of the iPhone and is only marginally lower than that of iPhone 4. So when you play your 700MB rips , they will play at about the native resolution , so you will actually get more detail in the video than on an iPhone.

Also ... as i said , ringtones are easy to hear.

Nah its just the flashy interface of iPhone that makes it look bright. Yes with present firmware only 64K colors are present, which gives the look and feel of N900s screen bit dull. But with significant firmware update N900 too will support 16-Bit colors, that will be great

Agree

I personally felt that movie playback on N900 was pretty good. But you just can't hold this device in hand for long time. That is why I still prefer watching videos on thinner and lighter devices like ipod touch, legend.

And thats why there is a kickstand on the device ^.^

GERMZ

Banned
Agree on all accounts , i too own this device and multimedia on it is absolutely great with the included 32GB memory AND the memory card slot.

Last edited:
OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
nah. kickstand wont' work if you want to watch a video while traveling. works only when you are on a desk in which case, I would prefer to watch the movie on a monitor or TV :)

Yeah kinda true... but i am willing to compromise a bit for the added ability of just dumping movies onto the huge mass memory and just playback video without worrying about formats.

Guys,

What I personally think is N900 has got excellent speakers. Its is the present applications that disabling the speakers stretch its legs. No equalizer, no speaker loudning option, no 3-D ringtone.

Since this is LINUX, so we can boost the speaker volume programmatically. Even a 3rd party media player should work. Still I don't consider the speaker volume low but after having N95, whose speaker volume is Ear bursting, I find N900s speaker volume low.

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
What I personally think is N900 has got excellent speakers. Its is the present applications that disabling the speakers stretch its legs. No equalizer, no speaker loudning option, no 3-D ringtone.

Since this is LINUX, so we can boost the speaker volume programmatically. Even a 3rd party media player should work. Still I don't consider the speaker volume low but after having N95, whose speaker volume is Ear bursting, I find N900s speaker volume low.

The speakers on the device are good enough to hear the ringtones properly but yeah i agree that those software options are not available.

What is it, are you a girl or what, who can't hold a 180G gadget on your hands. I think its exagguration that N900 is big. If you want to enjoy movies, multimedia and gaming you need a big device with big screen. You can't expect to enjoy all this in a gadget that is of a matchbox's size.

I think Milestone and Samsung Omin are more bulky than N900, yes N900 is bit heavy because of its excellent build quality.

Its screen is surrounded by metal. You drop your N900 and it will have serious impact on your floors shine:grin:. Yes its battery couver is something which I feel is bit flimsy

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
They are good, But just like N95, which can produce armor piercing loud noise with the ringtone, N900 speakers don't that loudness

What is it, are you a girl or what, who can't hold a 180G gadget on your hands. I think its exagguration that N900 is big. If you want to enjoy movies, multimedia and gaming you need a big device with big screen. You can't expect to enjoy all this in a gadget that is of a matchbox's size.

I think Milestone and Samsung Omin are more bulky than N900, yes N900 is bit heavy because of its excellent build quality.

Its screen is surrounded by metal. You drop your N900 and it will have serious impact on your floors shine:grin:. Yes its battery couver is something which I feel is bit flimsy

Haha Agree mate ! It is a strong device :D With all the features which are included in the device , you need space to place the components.

Top Bottom