Got my N900 ! <<pics and impressions>>

Hey Guys ! So i finally succumbed and went in for the Nokia N900 and i must say it was the correct decision.

*symbian-lifeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/22032010104-300x225.jpg

The device while slightly thick , feels really good in the hand. The keyboard may take a bit of time to get used.

The screen is THE best resistive TS i've used... in fact i'd go as far as saying that leaving aside multi-touch , this can even compete with the iPhone :p

*symbian-lifeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/22032010108-300x225.jpg

The browser on the device has to be experienced. It can access any website i have tried on it. In fact , because of the flash compatibility , i could also run grooveshark on it :D

The camera is quite good , i would say slightly better than the N97 mini and takes fantastic photos in good lighting conditions. Here is a photo taken from the N900...

*i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv232/dhruvrock2000/20100402_010.jpg

Media Player

32GB of memory , big screen , divx / xvid compatibility ... what else could one want :D

More impressions later as i spend more time with it ... Please post your feedback / comments / etc :)

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
Yeah .. i'll try to get something up ASAP . I was just having some fun controlling the TV with this widget called Irreco for the N900 :D

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Here you go ! This was taken last night...

*i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv232/dhruvrock2000/20100325_016.jpg

Please let me know if anyone has any queries... i will try my best to answer them !

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
is it now compatible with Nokia Ovi client PC application. When I used this phone last year, it wasn't.

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
Thanks guys !

@Desiibond

No ... afaik it is not compatible but i've been able to do pretty much everything without it so i guess it shouldnt be an issue..

Kvishal

In the zone
The speaker of N900 does not sound too loud, I wonder if in a Noisy Background one would be able to hear a call ring or not ? Whats your experience is the ringtone loud enough.

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
I havent been in a very noisy environment yet to test it but its ok... not very loud but i think it will be possible to hear it ring.

Oh and dual speakers ftw for playing video on the device ! :D

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
I havent been in a very noisy environment yet to test it but its ok... not very loud but i think it will be possible to hear it ring.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
the vibration on N900 is very strong that you wont need to depend on ringtone:)

Oh yeah .. i can definitely confirm this. Calling the vibration strong would be an understatement. I could feel it and hear it easily while walking through a crowded market so hearing / feeling the device would not be a problem.

@gagan

I'll get some more pics up.. i am frankly surprised by how good the camera is....

GERMZ

Banned
27000 is a pretty good price.. My dealer wants me to pay 27,500

Nice photos dude... can you put up some more ?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
27000 is a pretty good price.. My dealer wants me to pay 27,500

Nice photos dude... can you put up some more ?

Either the camera is too good or follower of krazzy is an expert photographer...I have tried to click snaps using my N85 (5MP camera) and failed to get as decent photographs as posted above by him :)

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
Either the camera is too good or follower of krazzy is an expert photographer...I have tried to click snaps using my N85 (5MP camera) and failed to get as decent photographs as posted above by him :)

Hahaha... i am no expert ... just interested in photography :p

The camera on this thing is quite good infact as you can see... The noise levels are definitely under control even in completely dark environment with just ambient lighting. Above that you can see that the shutter was quick enought to prevent blurriness even when not using the flash.
I am impressed... Taking a few more photos... will post soon.

One thing i've noticed is that noise levels go up when in incandescent light and using flash. but then this is a cellphone camera...

Fire away your questions guys .. i am enjoying this :D

Top Bottom