Got my N900 ! <<pics and impressions>>

Kvishal

In the zone
Do any of you guys see PR 1.2 Global Version Firmware Update in your Apps Manager in the N900. I was wondering if any of you guys have, or are thinking to Flash to the Global version of Firmware Update PR 1.2. It seems Nokia Launched the N900 in India before having a Team of N900 Experts in their Customer Service Department, who give some Rubbish answers on any questions you ask them on the N900. They absolutely do not have any detailed information about the phone, except they just give you the Hardware Spec which is avilable on the Net aswell...

I had called them up on how do I flash to the Global Version of PR 1.2 in my N900 and the answer I got it is once you have bought a N900 device in India, Which comes with the pre-installed version of PR 1.2 you cannot again Re-Flash to the Global Version of PR 1.2 for want of Skype Video Calling Feature, simply because all N900 devices sold in India would have a India Specific IMEI & Product Code, which would not allow the user to Flash it to the Global Version of PR 1.2. Which people on the International MAEMO 5 and N900 Community and Forums have totally rubbished it. saying the Guy you spoke to in Nokia has no Idea what he is talking about...and he is just bullshitting you.One can always Flash it if not through FOTA using the emmc flasher on the PC. So before doing it I thought of asking you guys If you have already done it ? if yes was it successful ?

Do any of you guys see PR 1.2 Global Version Firmware Update in your Apps Manager in the N900. I was wondering if any of you guys have, or are thinking to Flash to the Global version of Firmware Update PR 1.2. It seems Nokia Launched the N900 in India before having a Team of N900 Experts in their Customer Service Department, who give some Rubbish answers on any questions you ask them on the N900. They absolutely do not have any detailed information about the phone, except they just give you the Hardware Spec which is avilable on the Net aswell...

I had called them up on how do I flash to the Global Version of PR 1.2 in my N900 and the answer I got it is once you have bought a N900 device in India, Which comes with the pre-installed version of PR 1.2 you cannot again Re-Flash to the Global Version of PR 1.2 for want of Skype Video Calling Feature, simply because all N900 devices sold in India would have a India Specific IMEI & Product Code, which would not allow the user to Flash it to the Global Version of PR 1.2. Which people on the International MAEMO 5 and N900 Community and Forums have totally rubbished it. saying the Guy you spoke to in Nokia has no Idea what he is talking about...and he is just bullshitting you.One can always Flash it if not through FOTA using the emmc flasher on the PC. So before doing it I thought of asking you guys If you have already done it ? if yes was it successful ?

Even I faced the same problem, these F-U-C-K-ing nokia customer center people always comes up with that kind of bullshit and give negative answer. I downloaded the latest global firmware and tried to flash it
but it always says "USB device not conneted". It looks like some problem with 64-bit VISTA sign. Can someone tell me if I can obtain Skype or fring for Nokai N900 illegally?

Kvishal

In the zone
Even I faced the same problem, these F-U-C-K-ing nokia customer center people always comes up with that kind of bullshit and give negative answer. I downloaded the latest global firmware and tried to flash it
but it always says "USB device not conneted". It looks like some problem with 64-bit VISTA sign. Can someone tell me if I can obtain Skype or fring for Nokai N900 illegally?

Hope this helps...

How To: Flash Your Nokia N900

Let me know after you've flashed were you able to make Video calls ? :lol:

Unfortunately it didn't work for me, because with Windows VISTA 64-Bit there is an issue of driver signing. I will try it on one of my friend's PC who is having old 32-Bit Windows XP

GERMZ

Banned
Transmission works very well for urgent torrent use and for portable use :D I use it sometimes when i am away from home and it is ofcourse beneficial to have 32GB of inbuilt memory !!

Ethereal

Broken In
How many of you play TowerBloxx on the N900 ? This game is extremely addictive and i am really enjoying it. I think it uses the Open GL GPU of the device.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Tower Bloxx - Free Puzzle and Board Game from AddictingGames!

you can play the game online from this link :)

duh

Broken In
Hope this helps...

How To: Flash Your Nokia N900

Let me know after you've flashed were you able to make Video calls ? :lol:

i dont know if my comments are void or valid, i did fry too many routers with wrong firmware and i had to jtag them up and they worked fine, this includes the wrt54g v5, yes the pissing off dreaded cdfb type. and i then screwed up the flash totally and there was a point of no turning back. it has 2 MB ram and 8 MB flash, so i remodded it up with 32 MB ram and 1 GB flash, yes its a little slow, but its fine by me, along with POA and batterypacks.
now i been playing with maemo for quite a while, and i feel okay and comfortable with it, i am up with LFS for n900, so there i did learn see a post which shows almost similar method to jtag up a totally bricked phone. once again, its for those who are daredevils. if you wish to void your warranty fully, and tame this beast and obey your commands? i will suggest you to try the jtag method.
but alas this is arm, so jtag which is for mips will not fit in IIRC, so you may need to grab your hands on avr jtag ice varieties. there is a serial port also. si guess if you pin properly? or a sitting pin duck? then you can un/de-brick it w/o any issue, and go too and fro firmwares and if you are of the techie dev type? try build your own mer or scratchbox2 or maemo5 sdk or meego sdk. choice is yours. good luck.
yes if you screw up the firmware upgrade and it goes choppy you can still avr jtag ice it up and recover. :-D
i am still waiting for the secret link from "follower of krazyy" yet to touch this monster with my own hand and call it mine.
still guessing.:cloud9::reading::blush::Fingerx::glass-jumping::-D

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
Dude.. i've tried getting in touch with you but u didnt pick up the phone.

Anyways... i believe there is a recovery mode on the N900. It is possible to recover the default kernel. M not THAT deep into the modding part though so can be wrong.

so... tried a new applications ! New version of Transmission. Works great ! Full fledged bittorrent on the phone :D

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
I've been using the FM Transmitter widget lately. It integrates with the FM Boost app as well so that when you start transmitting , the power level of the transmission is raised and interference is very low.

Ethereal

Broken In
FM Transmitter is one of my most used features on the device. It makes it so easy to output music from my cellphone to the car stereo this way :D

Top Bottom