Got my N900 ! <<pics and impressions>>

Ethereal

Broken In
Nice buy dude... I got mine a few days back. A very impressive device i must say. Great web browser and good multimedia functionality as well. What sort of apps are you using ? I enjoy using emulators on it for classic NES games :)

Nice buy dude... I got mine a few days back. A very impressive device i must say. Great web browser and good multimedia functionality as well. What sort of apps are you using ? I enjoy using emulators on it for classic NES games :)

Do let me know if you come across any high end 3-d game like bouncing ball which uses its fully 3-D graphic potential. I am really missing Skype and Fring, because in indian edition these softwares have been removed because of VoIP issues. Skype is not available for download for N900. Does anyone knows any torrent or any unofficial site from where I can download and install Skype in my N900??

Kvishal

In the zone
Do let me know if you come across any high end 3-d game like bouncing ball which uses its fully 3-D graphic potential. I am really missing Skype and Fring, because in indian edition these softwares have been removed because of VoIP issues. Skype is not available for download for N900. Does anyone knows any torrent or any unofficial site from where I can download and install Skype in my N900??

I don't know why people are so reluctant to Flash again to the Global Version of Firmware Update PR 1.2

Read this link if it helps...Go Through the question that I had asked to the author of this Post, who had bought a N900 in India when it was launched so even it didn't have any Skype on it and he re-flashed to a Global Version thats it !! Big Deal !!

Coverage From The Nokia N900 Launch Event In India – Goes On Sale June 9 | The MeeGo Blog - Formerly Maemo Central

Last edited:
I don't know why people are so reluctant to Flash again to the Global Version of Firmware Update PR 1.2

Read this link if it helps...Go Through the question that I had asked to the author of this Post, who had bought a N900 in India when it was launched so even it didn't have any Skype on it and he re-flashed to a Global Version thats it !! Big Deal !!

Coverage From The Nokia N900 Launch Event In India – Goes On Sale June 9 | The MeeGo Blog - Formerly Maemo Central

But if I flash to global version the warranty will be removed

Ethereal

Broken In

Will be sure to let you know... But you cant just download Skype like that :p There might be an application in Maemo Select for it , i'll check and let you know.

Kvishal

In the zone
Will be sure to let you know... But you cant just download Skype like that :p There might be an application in Maemo Select for it , i'll check and let you know.

I guess people have tried downloading Skype directly. It just doesnt work is what I have heard and Read.

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
The dev community is great. But have you seen the graphics on the Bounce game ? Shows off the graphics chip on the phone.... You should also try out Angry Birds. Thats an extremely addictive game for the N900.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hehehe dnt let me say it...no one uses it even if it is there in their handsets (neither do I :p)

Actually it is Push To Talk

@Ethereal: thanks buddy, I didn't know that

Ethereal

Broken In
Hehe... no problem :D

And ya its right...nobody uses Push To Talk.

Oh and something you might want to try... RotateDaemon gives you 360 degree screen rotation on the N900 so you can finally get portrait mode on the device.

Kvishal

In the zone
Found this interesting Video, Could be an eye opener for a Lot of people...maybe since the iPhone 4 is here this may be a little old story...But with iPhone 4 already having some problems before it is even released this could be nerve calming news for all the N900 users :-D

Everything iDon’t N900 Does maemo.tv - maemo.tv is your visual resource for all things maemo

Last edited:
Found this interesting Video, Could be an eye opener for a Lot of people...maybe since the iPhone 4 is here this may be a little old story...But with iPhone 4 already having some problems before it is even released this could be nerve calming news for all the N900 users :-D

Everything iDon’t N900 Does maemo.tv - maemo.tv is your visual resource for all things maemo

That link is all about just the basic features of N900, which everyone is familier with.

Kvishal

In the zone
Hey Guys R u guys using any Screengaurd on the N900, I am in two minds to put it on or not...I have a feeling, putting a screen guard would obstruct its true viewing so I am kind of confused.

If you guys already put a screen guard, do you feel any distortion in the viewing quality with and without the screenguard. Which Screen Guard are you guys using ?

I thought that it already comes with a screenguard. Because if you look at hole on the top centre, thats the cut they made so that voice input does'nt get disrupted.

A screenguard will not affect the viewing, but it might affect the accuracy of touchscreen. Even I am looking for a screenguard because its screen is very much sensitve to fingure touch. If anyone has tried it please let me know, how much does it affect the touchscreen accuracy.

Top Bottom