Got my N900 ! <<pics and impressions>>

GERMZ

Banned
I just mentioned the very same in another thread. I would suggest you to also try out some other utilities like QTIrreco which is a remote control application created with the help of Qt.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hey guys one of my friend is getting N900 in 2 days but he is worried about its battery life
He says that he has info that battery life is soo poor that it runs for just 8-9 hours and had to be recharged again..

Please give feedback about battery life on N900:razz:Thanks

GERMZ

Banned
Hi Sujoy ! I hope your friend likes the N900 !

Ask him to install Opera on the N900 as it will make it much easier to browse websites on the EDGE network !

Ethereal

Broken In
I agree that Opera makes a lot of sense on our slow networks atleast till we get good 3G service however on WiFi networks nothing beats the internal browser on the N900

GERMZ

Banned
It is actually quite interesting to see the kind of browsers available on the N900. There is a huge variety... you have just about all the desktop browsers on the device. All of them have been ported to the N900.
But at the end of the day the microB browser is certainly the best. It works extremely smoothly. The gestures support is great. Over all i would rate it close to the best mobile browsers ever !

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
Has anyone heard if Flash 10.1 will be coming to the N900 ? It doesn't make much of a difference at the moment as all youtube videos are using Flash 9 and they all play perfectly.

Ethereal

Broken In
@follower of krazzy

Flash 10.1 was first shown off on the N900. So it is possible that we will see a port of Flash 10.1 on the device. But at the moment it is not essential as it can playback most flash video in the browser !

GERMZ

Banned
Is there any way to track stocks on the N900 like on other devices ? I love my N900 but really need this functionality. Any help plz !

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
@Ethereal : Thanks !

Guy ..do you know that Researchers at University of Manchester have developed a Face Tracking application using the N900 ! The aim for the research is to do both face and voice verification using the camera and microphone built into mobile phones for secure access to apps without passwords.

This was possible only on the N900 because of it being completely open !

Ethereal

Broken In
Wow.... i just saw the video for that. It is certainly very impressive to see. I doubt it if this would have been possible on any other device or operating system. This is why i love my N900 !

OP
F

follower of krazzy

Journeyman
An addition to the PR1.2 update for the N900 is Facebook Chat. A lot of people seem to have a bit of trouble login into the service due to the username. The service asks for your username in the form of x@chat.facebook.com. The problems comes from the fact that many think your suppose to use the email that you used to sign up with Facebook.

To get this to work, you should login into Facebook on your desktop and go to Account>Account Settings>Username. The username given here is the one to be used to log into Facebook Chat on the N900 and NOT your email.

GERMZ

Banned
Thanks Krazzy ! That was very convenient and easy to use. It is awesome that i can now connect to fb chat directly from my cell phone and so am always in touch...

Top Bottom