Got 5800XM,now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Nokia 5800 Xpress Music smartphone 2 days back. It's cool and I'm lovin' it.
But when I updated from firmware v11 to v20 the pre-loaded music got deleted. The update wizard asked me to backup the data but I ignored it. Is there any way I can retreive those songs? I don't care much but if there's a way then why not.

Now coming to applications and games. So,people tell me some good apps and games for 5800XM. I need a Bittorrent client and some good games. Any suggestions for plugins and cool apps are welcome. I can't find any good games or applications in the downloads section. It's full of useless crap.

I'm new to the world of Nokia phones so I'll need a lot of help. I've used only SE S500i for a little while and Apple iPhone.

Thank You

Thanks! :D
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Will all the apps work fine with 5800 XM? I mean you have a N series phone and mine is XM. And are all these apps enough for me? Any other useful apps? Where did you get all those apps from? Nokia site or *ahem*?

BTW Thanks again. That article was very helpful.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanks! :D
Will all the apps work fine with 5800 XM?

One way to find out. Try yourself for free. Most of these applications are free, some are paid so better first try a free application to see if it works with Touch Centric UI of Nokia 5800 XM.

For example, try Slick & Opera Mini. They are free & will easily install on your Phone without signing concerns. The way Nokia has made 580 XM, all old Symbian S60 V9.3 apps should work.

Some apps have Nokia Touch UI implemented.

Any other useful apps? Where did you get all those apps from? Nokia site or *ahem*?

BTW Thanks again. That article was very helpful.

The apps you need depend on what you want to do with your phone. For my, my phone is a complete PC replacement. Like I wanted to manage my expanses so I installed Best Expanse.

No I mean where did you download all those apps from? Yeah,same's the case with me. I'm gonna use this phone as a PC replacement when I'm not at home.

Also,can I use this phones as a USB modem? Will it support Mac OS X? I'm using PC most of the time but for the MacBook I need mobile internet.
Posted again:
BTW did you consult some forum or something or found out all those apps by yourself?

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I downloaded from official sites. Those which were unsigned, i signed with my own certificate.

For Mac, its better to use the phone as Bluetooth Modem. I do the same & don't use data cable. Unlike iPhone, the possibilites r endless in Nokia.

I didn't consult any forum other then Digit itself . Search for "I can has Nokia N79" on Google to find my thread

I installed Opera Mini(Opera Mobile is not compatible with my phone),wave secure,Slick,Fring and Symtorrent.
I need to watch Youtube videos but Mobitube doesn't support my mobile. I can watch youtube videos in Webkit but it's not fullscreen.
I also need to check my e-mails but yahoo go doesn't suppot 5800XM. Only Gmail App does. Is there any app for mobileme?
A screenshot app. The one at GXs blog isn't compatible. Flashlight:D
Also tell me some good games for Symbian .

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I need to watch Youtube videos but Mobitube doesn't support my mobile.

Open a YouTube Link in Webkit or Opera Mini & it should play directly in RealPlayer.
I also need to check my e-mails but yahoo go doesn't suppot 5800XM. Only Gmail App does. Is there any app for mobileme?

For all these, I use the inbuilt Mail Client.

A screenshot app. The one at GXs blog isn't compatible

Then, No idea

Flashlight:D

U R out of luck :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I found these two things which you will like

iPhone dark theme for NOKIA 5800 by DSMA

Youtube application for Nokia 5800

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
instead of any youtube application install coreplayer it's an awesome video player and is capable of playing youtube videos

rajhot

S60 rocks
You can try this Nokia photo browser from beta labs

*betalabs.nokia.com/betas/view/nokia-photo-browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom