Google's GDrive Could Replace your Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireblues

Broken In
This drive will allow users to save their data online and users will be able to access their data from any computer in the world

Taking cloud computing to a new level, Google is soon going to launch 'GDrive', a long-rumored online storage for its users.

GDrive would work as an online hard disk and could essentially work as a syncing device that will periodically update itself with the activities that take place on a computer, the Google Operating System has discovered.

Also discovered in a Google Apps CSS file is that there is reportedly an update for Google Docs on the way that would include a desktop client for syncing files with GDrive.

Since this drive will allow users to save their data online, users will be able to access their data from any computer in the world, as long as it is connected to an internet connection.

In fact, if you take Google provisions seriously, you've probably already shifted your photograph and document base to atleast one of the Google services that work as great archiving hubs. However, space restriction and reliability could be a user's concern while depending on the Google servers to save their precious data.

The GDrive could also partially replace the physical hard disk that a user needs to select an operating system (OS) for usage -- that is, after the initial booting. Google's online hard drive will merge all of Google's web based applications and make them available together.

The GDrive is expected to be launched in 2009.

Source *www.techtree.com/India/News/Googles_GDrive_Could_Replace_your_Hard_Disk/551-98204-581.html

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
C'mon man...this is too much of 'online'. I agree that online is the 'in' thing today, but why choke bandwidth pipes and waste bandwidth when the same can be done conveniently with your regular HDD? I really don't get the point of gdrive!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya. We need to have atleast 10 MB ps line per PC for that.

And if we want to use gdrive for gaming we should need optical fibre line in every house :p

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hey for storing data, Indrive is also good. (Indrive is a feature offered by in.com). It allows us to store 10 GB in our A/c. Nice feature and I use it often. :-D

chooza

Journeyman
This drive will allow users to save their data online and users will be able to access their data from any computer in the world

Taking cloud computing to a new level, Google is soon going to launch 'GDrive', a long-rumored online storage for its users.

GDrive would work as an online hard disk and could essentially work as a syncing device that will periodically update itself with the activities that take place on a computer, the Google Operating System has discovered.

Also discovered in a Google Apps CSS file is that there is reportedly an update for Google Docs on the way that would include a desktop client for syncing files with GDrive.

Since this drive will allow users to save their data online, users will be able to access their data from any computer in the world, as long as it is connected to an internet connection.

In fact, if you take Google provisions seriously, you've probably already shifted your photograph and document base to atleast one of the Google services that work as great archiving hubs. However, space restriction and reliability could be a user's concern while depending on the Google servers to save their precious data.

The GDrive could also partially replace the physical hard disk that a user needs to select an operating system (OS) for usage -- that is, after the initial booting. Google's online hard drive will merge all of Google's web based applications and make them available together.

The GDrive is expected to be launched in 2009.

Source *www.techtree.com/India/News/Googles_GDrive_Could_Replace_your_Hard_Disk/551-98204-581.html[/quote]

Bro. If you are so excited about Gdrive, then start using skydrive and online office from Microsoft. U can do all these with that too. Dont just start another google praising thread.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hey for storing data, Indrive is also good. (Indrive is a feature offered by in.com). It allows us to store 10 GB in our A/c. Nice feature and I use it often. :-D
Offered by In.com? You mean that Indian company? No thanks, Rs. 4000/- is not an difficult amount for me instead to have it risked with some Indian company.

Don't get me wrong here, I am just saying that these Indian companies are not upto-the-mark. To get users, they can go to any low or high level, and if the venture fails, they will write a cute apology letters and fly by the night.

Even AOL's Xdrive could not survive with the American people who has MB's of connectivity. So where is the chance for Indrive to survive with 5% internet penetration and just 0.4% broadband penetration? Moreover, most people will not pay a dime for it!

parthbarot

In the zone
total crazy man...no meaning yaar... its OK to fool people around...to waste their BW and get more traffic..i don't think any of us here would like to put all secure/personal data on Net.... what u say?

and of course...that kind a net is not available here easily.

regards.

chooza

Journeyman
Offered by In.com? You mean that Indian company? No thanks, Rs. 4000/- is not an difficult amount for me instead to have it risked with some Indian company.

Don't get me wrong here, I am just saying that these Indian companies are not upto-the-mark. To get users, they can go to any low or high level, and if the venture fails, they will write a cute apology letters and fly by the night.

Even AOL's Xdrive could not survive with the American people who has MB's of connectivity. So where is the chance for Indrive to survive with 5% internet penetration and just 0.4% broadband penetration? Moreover, most people will not pay a dime for it!
in.com is VIACOM 18 company, the very same company which owns CNBC,IBN and colors channel. Go and enhance ur knowledge.

*www.network18online.com/

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Okay so its one more thing invented by google, congrats to google!!. But this service will be only properly enjoyed by the developed nations. I'm pretty sure this service is not for us as we (most of us) have a fck all bandwith connection/speed.

Peace out.

red_devil

Back!
i've allowed google to keep alll the MAIL FORWARDS i get [99%of them stupid ones :D] and some private emails....

i dont want people at google to ogle at my movie collection :razz:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
in.com is VIACOM 18 company, the very same company which owns CNBC,IBN and colors channel. Go and enhance ur knowledge.

*www.network18online.com/

Just because its owned by some big corporation, it does not mean it is safe and will succeed. Xdrive was owned by AOL. What happened to them?

You see, just knowing who owns what is not important, reality is more important.

Go kid, get some real world knowledge :D

red_devil

Back!

err... its not only "Indian" companies.... Xdrive did that too [ok they informed people a bit in advance] so guess you're not right in saying "these Indian companies"...

a failed business venture is a failed business venture. Period. there is nothing Indian or non Indian about it !!

next to zero security compared to that offered by my real harddrive.
highly expensive to use.
I would rather spend that bandwidth downloading something useful.
slower speed than a MacBook Air's HDD.

NO THANKYOU.

This would be potentially a replacement for other internet services like OmniDrive. Thats all. For backup purposes, it sounds perfect, but online storage can never really replace offline storage.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
err... its not only "Indian" companies.... Xdrive did that too [ok they informed people a bit in advance] so guess you're not right in saying "these Indian companies"...

a failed business venture is a failed business venture. Period. there is nothing Indian or non Indian about it !!
Nope dude, we "Indians" have our own way of operating businesses, though we do fail like others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom