Google's GDrive Could Replace your Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
just gr8...Google knew what we wanted (Google search), Google knows where we are (google earth), Google know what we talk (Gtalk), Google knows what we mail (GMail), Google knows about our frnds (Orkut), Google is on our phone (Android) and now Google has all our data (GDrive)...am telling u guys, its not Google....its SKYNET...just find a good place to hide ur as*...heheheheh

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
My data on google servers...no thanks. I don't want my super secret recipe of weight loss in the hands of Americans, they patent everything....they even patented Neem & haldi.

If I do want to share my files online I got a better option called Windows Live Mesh which syncs with my PC & phone

My data on google servers...no thanks. I don't want my super secret recipe of weight loss in the hands of Americans, they patent everything....they even patented Neem & haldi.

If I do want to share my files online I got a better option called Windows Live Mesh which syncs with my PC & phone
Yeah, because Microsoft is not american, right ? :rolleyes::D;)

chooza

Journeyman
Just because its owned by some big corporation, it does not mean it is safe and will succeed. Xdrive was owned by AOL. What happened to them?

You see, just knowing who owns what is not important, reality is more important.

Go kid, get some real world knowledge :D
Yaar Please ek point pe raho na. Instead of calling me kid. it's u, who is behaving like a kid. Viacom 18 is not India TV that they do not know what the affect they will have on their failure and many ur "Phoren" players also failed many times in their venture. Microsoft with Windows Me, GOOGLE WITH GOOGLE VIDEO and so on. Do one thing, just make a visa for any country you like and make an immediate departure from India. People like you are not supposed to live in this country,which grows you, train you and when you become "some little chap", then you start pointing towards the capabilities of this country. Sorry Boss. People like you are also in British rule, but we regain our independence, and in technology, in space, in science, etc. Sorryy U KID:D:D:D:D:D:D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
What I can't understand how much "private files" do you guys have that you can't trust Online Storage. Frankly I can't think of any such data in my PC...Few beginner programs, eBooks about computing, Digit Archive, Chip Archive, few movies, ISOs of *nix distros, etc.
Google, yer invited teh check in my hard drive aneetyme...:D

IMO Bandwidth is the primary concern though...

Also obviously you guys don't understand about synching with multiple devices do you?;)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
What I can't understand how much "private files" do you guys have that you can't trust Online Storage. Frankly I can't think of any such data in my PC...Few beginner programs, eBooks about computing, Digit Archive, Chip Archive, few movies, ISOs of *nix distros, etc.
Its OK, we too have all those that you haven't mentioned :D

Google, yer invited teh check in my hard drive aneetyme...:D
Can I? I will also exchange my stuff with you, don't worry! :D
Also obviously you guys don't understand about synching with multiple devices do you?;)
But we understand many things that you do not understand :D :D :p:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Also obviously you guys don't understand about synching with multiple devices do you?:wink:
Ahem ahem...some guys do U know. Some guys sync there designing files in office to live mesh which they can later access in home to continue working on it & re-upload to take the next day to office because using pen drive in office is not allowed.

Some guys also sync there music with mobile phone due to which the music is always the same on both the devices.

Some guys sync there E-Mails/To Do list/ notes to Outlook 2007 once they return home from there office...

So yeah, some guys sync data between multiple devices & are concerned about privacy but are still able to do it happily.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
:lol: Someone is talking about syncing files, I'm sure those people have tried Mesh & have seen the Mesh-mobile. If not, then it'd be better they try that before blabbering about syncing.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
What a friggin title, its like one of those "we have found the cure of AIDS" headlines.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
:lol: Someone is talking about syncing files, I'm sure those people have tried Mesh & have seen the Mesh-mobile. If not, then it'd be better they try that before blabbering about syncing.
WTF? I am hearing about Mesh for the first time here with the post preceding yours...
My experience with syncing files is with Dropbox which works pretty well...for me...and yes reading about it in Wikipedia, Mesh supports only Windows and OSX, .. so duh...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Its not our fault if U don't know about Live Mesh. Also, I hope you know that Live Mesh is in beta so OS support is pretty low right now.

Not your fault yes but still that doesn't give Mr.iMav the license to say:
Someone is talking about syncing files, I'm sure those people have tried Mesh & have seen the Mesh-mobile. If not, then it'd be better they try that before blabbering about syncing.
It seems more like an insult than information. :(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
WTF? I am hearing about Mesh for the first time here with the post preceding yours...
My experience with syncing files is with Dropbox which works pretty well...for me...and yes reading about it in Wikipedia, Mesh supports only Windows and OSX, .. so duh...

Not your fault yes but still that doesn't give Mr.iMav the license to say:

It seems more like an insult than information.

What a friggin title, its like one of those "we have found the cure of AIDS" headlines.
nuf said.
Its not our fault if U don't know about Live Mesh. Also, I hope you know that Live Mesh is in beta so OS support is pretty low right now.
I hope Mesh never supports Linux. Mac & Windows is good enough, the rest can continue to "duh" & use Dropbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom