google talk update?

iinfi

mekalodu
has google ever updated their gtalk version?
1.0.0.104 ..this came out in 2006 .... they v done some tweaks to their browser version .. but nothing to the gtalk desktop edition?
wat say?..

who uses gtalk... who uses the desktop editon ... (expected responses) ;)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^When I on my PC, the first thing I do is open chrome, and the homepage is gmail.com (already signed in), bingo! :p

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I don't think the desktop client has ever been updated. Google has only concentrated on the browser versions.

Rishab2oo

Keep honking I'm reloadin
^^ they had never updated gTalk. I downloaded it few months ago it's version same as of it was in 2006.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The version is same as that was 6 years ago... since maybe they don't want to create a bloatware like Yahoo Messenger turned out!

Simple and sweet. Can chat. Can see new mail notifications. All that what matters.

(If you want to be invisible, you better log off)! :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ yes, moved to pidgin since 2 weeks. FB messenger, GTalk and Yahoo! all in one.

(Just that pidgin doesn't notify of new mails.)

bubusam13

Human
I cant live without gtalk. Its pretty simple and low on memory chat client. And I make pc-pc calls on gtalk. Call quality is good and works on low bandwidth also. Unlike skype or yahoo. Gtalk chats are automatically saved in Gmail account so I can read them later. Even can leave offline message to dear ones if they are not online.
And it acts as a file transfer client to share pics and documents with friends instantly.

Top Bottom