Google+ Privacy

Tech&ME

Banned
Dear Friends,

Got into a very weired situation today!

In my G+ 1 guy has added me to his circle and the most interesting part is, we both do not know each other!!

What I had to do:

1.: I was forced to add him to my CIRCLE.

2.: Then I wrote him a Private Message with the + sign before his ID

3.: the message was :
Hi buddy,
I am sorry and also sound awful, but need to know who are you ? please drop me a mail to confirm, are you from TDF forum or elsewhere (I mean which forum) my id: xxxxxxx@xx.com

Sorry if I was rude !

Love, XXXXXX

4.: He replied back saying he doesn't know what TDF is ? :x

What am I suppose to do NOW !! Please Help !!

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
thanks, Will do it.

Never faced such problem in FB.

FB is best.

We can have CIRCLES in FB also and PRIVACY. So, it is much better.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well when someone adds you to their circles, it doesn't mean much anything for you. You have the choice to add him back or just ignore/block the person. The person can only see your public posts anyway which even anyone without an account can see. You can restrict your posts to all people added to YOUR circles if you wish. I don't see how FB is really better in that regard.

Remember people adding you to their circles does not mean anything except that they want to see your PUBLIC posts (which anyone can anyway) and more if YOU ALLOW in their stream. And this is not a problem really.
Google's Circles is somewhat misunderstood in this regard really...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yep, what he said. Anyone can add you to their circles, you are not obliged to return the favor, this is similar to the follow button on twitter

clmlbx

Technomancer
circles is what I find best in Google+, Google+ is better then FB in Circles or groups what ever u say

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Ok so, what I NOW understand is G+ is actually a unofficial amalgamation of Facebook and Twitter and Orkut into One = Google+

More to explore and understand............

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
Ok. Let's be clear guys. Google+ is not Facebook. The whole idea of google+ resides on its "open-ness". It basically doesn't support privacy.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Ok. Let's be clear guys. Google+ is not Facebook. The whole idea of google+ resides on its "open-ness". It basically doesn't support privacy.

Social Networking is an oxymoron to privacy. Regarding this statemement as exclusive to Google+ , that's not true, you can always restrict your posts to a particular circles or persons.

MatchBoxx

Social Networking is an oxymoron to privacy. Regarding this statemement as exclusive to Google+ , that's not true, you can always restrict your posts to a particular circles or persons.

but, can you stop others from viewing your g+ profile or adding them to your circles? I can atleast do that in fb...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well I think that's by design. It can be called a disadvantage though. But as I said before, Privacy in Social Networking is a myth.

MatchBoxx

^^ya that's true to an extent, but, facebook has some really good privacy settings...if you use them correctly. But ofcourse, there are certain tricks to bypass them :p

R2K

In the Zone
LOL....
After just 5 min into google+ i realized that it doesn't give a sh!t about your privacy.
Google should definitely do something about it.

noob

Cyborg Agent
but, can you stop others from viewing your g+ profile or adding them to your circles? I can atleast do that in fb...

yes you can. make your profile "not visible in search"

Hide people in your circle and hide people you have in circle.

LOL....
After just 5 min into google+ i realized that it doesn't give a sh!t about your privacy.
Google should definitely do something about it.

tell me which thing you want private and what you are not able to keep private. may be you dont know how it has to be done....

Last edited:
Top Bottom