Google Nexus owners thread

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
*www.google.com/nexus/images/home-x.png​
Google Nexus is a line of mobile devices using the Android operating system produced by Google in conjunction with an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partner. Devices in the Nexus series do not have manufacturer or wireless carrier modifications to Android (such as custom graphical user interfaces), and have an unlockable bootloader to allow further development and end-user modification. Nexus devices are the first Android devices to receive updates to the operating system.

The entire Nexus family-

*i.imgur.com/wyQGR.jpg​

I own a 16 GB Galaxy Nexus that I bought a couple of months back.

Owners list:

1) thetechfreak: Galaxy Nexus.
2) theserpent: Nexus 10.
3) MANOfjosh: Nexus 7 and Nexus 4.
4) prudhivisekhar: Nexus 4.
5) rider: Nexus 4.
6) Thunder: Galaxy Nexus.
7) dan4u: Nexus 4.
8) sunny4691: Nexus 4.
9) angeleyes: Nexus 4.
10) guru_urug:Nexus 7 and Nexus 4.
11) paradisevikas- Nexus 4.
12) abhidev- Nexus 4.
13) smashingdude- Nexus 10.
14) sinoop_joy- Nexus S and Nexus 7 3G
15) warfreak- Nexus 4
16) Sudh4r- Nexus 4
17) harsh1387- Nexus 4
18) RohanM- Nexus 4
19) anupam_pb- Nexus 4
20) IndianRambo- Nexus 4
21) bikramjitkar- Nexus 4
22) webgenius- Nexus 4 and Nexus 7

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Good news but kinda a late release, Hope nexus 10 releases too like if any problem arises i'll at least get service

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@serpent how about making this thread a general thread for all Nexus products? Similar to the apple products thread?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yeah thats a good idea

Just for Info:
Will sammy send my product to US for repair? if anything goes wrong

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally. Thread Updated!

@theserpent I dont think so. Even if they do, you have to pay for shipping etc IMO.
Better directly ship yourself to USA.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Awesome it looks cool Now!

Any one have any idea on how to use uccw?
Another question
I tethered my Nokia E6 via joku Spot- to connect to nexus 10.
Well nexus 10 doesnt detect the wifi.
My ipod touch can detect it tough

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@theserpent see if scanning at 5 GHz helps if not switch back to auto. Even my Galaxy Nexus fails to detect my laptops hotspot. I dont have any idea why it is unable to detect though.
@abhidev some say it will be here by mid January.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Proud owner of a new Nexus 7!! Im loving it :) Got it via a friend from the US along with a smart cover.
Best 12k I ever spent. Everything works amazingly :D

I have been hearing a lot about the Google Nexus 4 these days and I am surely going to have a look at when it comes to india....I heard that it will be coming to India In JAN??
So is it a confirmed news?

Dr. House

No Regrets
I've a Galaxy Nexus. It is truly awesome device. Android experience is buttery smooth but I'm not satisfied with its battery performance it lasts 3-4 hours in wifi. :(

Dr. House

No Regrets
lets hope so...coz its out of stock on Google :(

No, it will never come to India. According to iGyaan blog Google is not interested to sell here. You know people don't use paid apps and cloud services in India.

I think you are a Quiet big fan of Nexus lineup.

Anyone should be, you know it gets all the latest android version updates first and confirmed that makes it in the class of apple iPhones.

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I've a Galaxy Nexus. It is truly awesome device. Android experience is buttery smooth but I'm not satisfied with its battery performance it lasts 3-4 hours in wifi. :(
Yeah even my Galaxy Nexus gives similar battery life. I heard that using the battery extender pack(samsung also sells a 2100mAh battery) helps battery life.

I think you are a Quiet big fan of Nexus lineup.

problem? That said the Nexus lineup by Google is very good and probably is the only lineup that can stand face to face with Apple.

Dr. House

No Regrets
Yeah even my Galaxy Nexus gives similar battery life. I heard that using the battery extender pack(samsung also sells a 2100mAh battery) helps battery life.

But it is not available in India and one should have to buy a bigger back cover for the 2100mAH battery.

Last edited:
OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ woah! Didn't know about getting a seperate back cover. I guess they should have included a better battery as a default option. The 720p screen is a huge battery consumer.

Top Bottom