Google Nexus 4 Thread

ankush28

Bazinga
^^ no front panel glass is good, so it wont break like that
yes its common with n4's back panel glass... :( Google it !

Go ahead buy N4 dont worry, just put silicon cover.
This small problem is compensated by great performence.

I tried crDroid build 6, stable, fixed display flicker issue with a custom kernel, but to my astonishment I couldn't restore my apps which were backed up using Titanium backup, so now messed up.

Thought of restoring back to PA 4.3 ROM using nandroid backup but it didn't work(Failed restoring system) :wah:

Now freshly installed PA 3.99RC2 but there is no network......... flashed latest radio for 4.3 but didn't work, now my phone is pretty messed up

sujoyp

Grand Master
That glass panel cracking problem put me away from N4 ..If I buy a sexy looking handset and put cover on that then whats the use of it being sexy ...thats y there is no glass back on N5

Hrishi

That glass panel cracking problem put me away from N4 ..If I buy a sexy looking handset and put cover on that then whats the use of it being sexy ...thats y there is no glass back on N5

A transparent cover might help , in this scenario , but how good that will again have certain disadvantages.

sujoyp

Grand Master
after the transperent plastic will get scratch ,then a 23k phone will look like a 8k chineese handset...nobody could then differentiate

ankush28

Bazinga
Whats wrong with that You wont get any good phone with similar spec in 20k range. Go for it put transperent plastic hard cover.

Hrishi

You can't get the same internals in a 22k phone with manufacturer warranty

I know , that's why I was eyeing for Nexus 4 which was available for ~22k in flipkart.
Well finally received the phone today , and it appears that the LGOG is really delicate piece of device. It feels exceptionally well built , but delicate indeed.
Feels like as if I drop the phone even once , it's gonna crack. Well it'll certainly.

Wish I had ordered the Cases a while ago . Having hard time finding one now , including a proper screen gaurd. I was wondering if someone is willing to group order th'm. :p

Using crDroid, kitkat ROM for 2 days nows............

Verdict: A good custom ROM with many of the must have mods. Battery life was better in stock ROM though

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Kit-Kit update on N4 has totally screwed up the device. Dropped calls, BT headset disconnection, no service at random times, buzz sound during BT calls, accept option doesn't work for answering calls sometimes in lock screen, random data disconnection.

What the heck is wrong with Google?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Kit-Kit update on N4 has totally screwed up the device. Dropped calls, BT headset disconnection, no service at random times, buzz sound during BT calls, accept option doesn't work for answering calls sometimes in lock screen, random data disconnection.

Is it a widespread issue?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So who's installing new cyanogenmod ROM for mako?
*download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=snapshot

RohanM

Cyborg Agent

I flashed factory image so no issues here, now waiting for 4.4.1 OTA notification.

Top Bottom