Google Nexus 4 Thread

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
I got the OTA today morning. And it updated for say 35% over Wi Fi then I left for office. Connected to office Wi Fi and tried to update. But it's stuck @ 35. Tried restarting, nothing hppnd. Any suggestions ?

Hrishi

Guys , there has recently been a fall in the price of Nexus 4 device. It's currently available for around 20-21k on fk and others.Will it reduce even more , or that's it ?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Guys , there has recently been a fall in the price of Nexus 4 device. It's currently available for around 20-21k on fk and others.Will it reduce even more , or that's it ?

I hope it should not go more down... I bought it for 26k... :mad:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Hopefully it should as I want to get it :D

Hrishi

Price will not decrease. as the production has stopped already, the stock will get over . and new nexus 4 will not be available.

How about the Optimus G guys ?? Being on the same hardware , does it stands any chances of getting new updates , custom roms ?? I think both have same chipsets , hardwares . Its just the name tag.
If both devices have same drivers , then I really don't think it should be PITA to do a port , since kernel doesn't needs to be modified much if using same drivers , AFAIK.

Let me know if I that's not the truth.

Hrishi

That Optimus G has decent custom ROM support too

Yeah. It's same spec. as that of N4 , just a SD card support. I think flashing a N4 rom will work , depending on a lit modification. The only thing that should cause problems may be the radio probably.

Yeah. It's same spec. as that of N4 , just a SD card support. I think flashing a N4 rom will work , depending on a lit modification. The only thing that should cause problems may be the radio probably.

My friend is using the Carbon ROM ported from N4..... Even its default bluetooth name is Nexus 4 :-D
His ROM gets updated every 2-3 days....... Battery life is same as N4 though, same applies for camera, phone is slimmer but there are problems like no case available in market, he is using a screen guard of S4, & most important what about hardware related problems like broken screen(accidental damage) , etc?

Hrishi

My friend is using the Carbon ROM ported from N4..... Even its default bluetooth name is Nexus 4 :-D
His ROM gets updated every 2-3 days....... Battery life is same as N4 though, same applies for camera, phone is slimmer but there are problems like no case available in market, he is using a screen guard of S4, & most important what about hardware related problems like broken screen(accidental damage) , etc?

Well , It was bought recently in US ( a week ago), so I guess I can ship it back to US , or send it along someone I know.
Although , I am going to take extreme care while handling it , Since I am pretty sure that If I don't then I am gonna land up in trouble.

Going to get the cases through EBay. Btw , the international model of this device is available in India too , so I guess at least it can be repaired locally. And few accessories might be available.

As a matter of fact , the only thing I was looking for was a Nexus 4. However , the 16gb limit was way annoying for me. Even the OTG is not supported directly , w/o power bank. :( .
I guess E970 solves the riddle for me , with some additional risks .

Sweet....:)

Well , It was bought recently in US ( a week ago), so I guess I can ship it back to US , or send it along someone I know.
Although , I am going to take extreme care while handling it , Since I am pretty sure that If I don't then I am gonna land up in trouble.

Going to get the cases through EBay. Btw , the international model of this device is available in India too , so I guess at least it can be repaired locally. And few accessories might be available.

My friend couldn't find any case for less than 1k.......... Getting a pouch for it is a good option..... BTW my friend dropped the phone 6-7 times till now (height 60-70cm max), got a crack near back button........

ankush28

Bazinga
^^ My friends back panel glass broke completely just by little shock
LG charged him 2.6k...:rofl:
better get silicon soft cover.

Hrishi

My friend couldn't find any case for less than 1k.......... Getting a pouch for it is a good option..... BTW my friend dropped the phone 6-7 times till now (height 60-70cm max), got a crack near back button........

oh F**k.... You just scared me. I seriously hate the presence of single cosmetic and physical defect. :(:(

Going to order a tough case now. Either from Ebay/Flipkart. Don't want a damaged phone.
This issue is common with Nexus 4 too ???
Does the front panel glass too gets cracked even with little pressure ??

I thought Gorillas were tough.

Top Bottom