Google Nexus 4 Thread

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^hmm

btw got a sim ejection tool for free locally XD

guys, which screen guard are u using, default or some other?

But there is something fisshy that why u did not receive sim ejection tool ?? did ur box was tampered ??

I am still using stock screen guard.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Enjoying my Nexus4. Seen a couple of issues though:
1) Connection to BT headset is not consistent. Connectes sometimes, and sometimes doesn't connect for incoming/outgoing calls.
2) No "Charge only" option when connected to PC USB port for charging. Always mounts as a media device (MTP). HTC devices have the "Charge only" option where the device gets charged, but doesn't mount as a media device.

OK guys I really need some help.

Remember I've bad internet connection, so downloads don't complete in my area.... So can't download from Play Store

Since there is no file manager in N4, i can't access any apks available in storage. So how to install the apk of ES File manager ?

For non-Nexus users, stock ROM doesn't support receiving of apks via bluetooth

Sent apk from laptop to N4 via WiFi using Connectify

Last edited:

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ Bad internet connection is that in ur mobile alone or even in ur PC/LAP ?

Yeah u got that. I was going to recommend it :)

Last edited:

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Enjoying my Nexus4. Seen a couple of issues though:
1) Connection to BT headset is not consistent. Connectes sometimes, and sometimes doesn't connect for incoming/outgoing calls.
2) No "Charge only" option when connected to PC USB port for charging. Always mounts as a media device (MTP). HTC devices have the "Charge only" option where the device gets charged, but doesn't mount as a media device.

Any solution to the above issues?

josin

In the zone
OK guys I really need some help.

Remember I've bad internet connection, so downloads don't complete in my area.... So can't download from Play Store

Since there is no file manager in N4, i can't access any apks available in storage. So how to install the apk of ES File manager ?

For non-Nexus users, stock ROM doesn't support receiving of apks via bluetooth

Sent apk from laptop to N4 via WiFi using Connectify
Get a 3G sim/connection for a day; as this will be easier than pushing an apk through adb. Nexus can receive apk files via Bluetooth; but it requires Bluetooth file transfer.apk

Any solution to the above issues?

Solution to second issue:
Some ROMs support Fast charge feature, which is the charge only feature that u want

Get a 3G sim/connection for a day; as this will be easier than pushing an apk through adb. Nexus can receive apk files via Bluetooth; but it requires Bluetooth file transfer.apk

Internet really sucks here............ moreover in no Airtel 3G, also BSNL 3G gives speeds of 30-50KBps during 1-5 am(or 6am sometimes). Other time, sometime it will work, sometime it won't.........

doom

Journeyman
Got my Nexus 4 yesterday, It is truly a beast. Some of the thing I would like to ask here. How to zoom in/out while taking a pic?
I also noticed that when we pull the notification window with 2 fingers, there is no GPS tab. And when we click on the wifi tab, it opens the wifi settings instead of just switching on the Wifi. Not anything major, but still feels awkward.

Top Bottom