Google Nexus 4 Thread

Where did u see 50% or 70% mate? why would I lie. I am not gonna get any award for showing SOT here ... :-D

Others...... see this
1.jpg

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
hmm, But still I would say that it's pretty darn good for Not root & stock user.
I read his xda post, He might have connected to PC for more than 15-20 mins for copying that content.. & forgot that he connected for long time..

@Rohan - Are you using any battery saver app ?

I am using Snapdragon Battery Guru..
Ya I might have connected it for more than 10-15 mins cause was playing game on PC COD 7 - while playing games time just flies. :wink:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
also you didn't have data or wifi enabled, what use of 4hr+ sot without data enabled?? :p

I never use wifi cause don't have any hotspot nearby, My data was enabled [2G ] but I disabled it when battery reached 15% & then taken screenshots & put phone on charging.

Check my Nexus 4's battery life........... purely stock, no rooting, no battery saver app......... When the screen was on, most of the time I used phone for browsing net via WiFi(Facebook, Whatsapp, Chrome, Currents), no gaming, watched few videos..........
Screenshot_2013-07-10-12-54-16.jpg
Screenshot_2013-07-10-12-54-23.png
Screenshot_2013-07-10-14-19-18.jpg

Phone was in automatic brightness

Last edited:

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Check my Nexus 4's battery life........... purely stock, no rooting, no battery saver app......... When the screen was on, most of the time I used phone for browsing net via WiFi(Facebook, Whatsapp, Chrome, Currents), no gaming, watched few videos..........
View attachment 11291
View attachment 11292
View attachment 11293

Wow dude, that is really amazing! I get really pissed off when I see people complain about low battery life of N4 without any substantial proof. Guess need to redirect to your links to prove that N4 battery is good enough.

Some people will still feel it as low due to low screen on time.........never got 2 days of battery backup with my S2 because even when phone is idle, battery drains upto 8% (i was not using AOSP/AOKP ROM, just a official 4.1 based custom ROM)

BTW my phone was on auto brightness

Some people will still feel it as low due to low screen on time.........never got 2 days of battery backup with my S2 because even when phone is idle, battery drains upto 8% (i was not using AOSP/AOKP ROM, just a official 4.1 based custom ROM)

BTW my phone was on auto brightness

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Wow dude, that is really amazing! I get really pissed off when I see people complain about low battery life of N4 without any substantial proof. Guess need to redirect to your links to prove that N4 battery is good enough.

Dude It was on wifi not 3g or 2g, you could easily get 4hrs+ on WiFi.....

josin

In the zone
Guys any one using CARBON ROM
1.is it stable enough for daily use?
2. Are there any issues when switching back to stock from carbon?
3. Hows its battery longevity?
4. Should i stay with default kernel of carbon or use some other like Franco?

Today I just turned my phone off(for restarting it, i do it once every 2-3 days), after that it wont turn on, connected it to charger, but no charging icon. No red light too(red light of death issue).

If this happens to anyone else, do this:
- Press vol up, vol down & power button simultaneously for about 1 min.
- Then leave these buttons & connect it to the charger provided with Nexus 4(Its a 5V ~ 1.2A charger whereas samsung has 5V ~ 0.7A, so its important). Turn on the charger :-D
- Then u must see the charging icon. Now turn on the phone normally

"Jan hit me jaari" :p

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Guys hope few are using Battery Guru, is that really saving the battery ? Well I dloaded it a week before and it studied for 4 days. I don't see any improvement, myself and my frnd(who also owns a N4+battery guru) think the battery is draining faster now and it takes more time to charge. Any suggestions?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^ well ya it takes ages to charge phone but that's nothing to do with battery guru !! I am using it & there is a surely difference in battery life.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Use Greenify!
Best battery saving app available.

Today I just turned my phone off(for restarting it, i do it once every 2-3 days), after that it wont turn on, connected it to charger, but no charging icon. No red light too(red light of death issue).

If this happens to anyone else, do this:
- Press vol up, vol down & power button simultaneously for about 1 min.
- Then leave these buttons & connect it to the charger provided with Nexus 4(Its a 5V ~ 1.2A charger whereas samsung has 5V ~ 0.7A, so its important). Turn on the charger :-D
- Then u must see the charging icon. Now turn on the phone normally

"Jan hit me jaari" :p

Thanks man

Guys any one using CARBON ROM
1.is it stable enough for daily use?
2. Are there any issues when switching back to stock from carbon?
3. Hows its battery longevity?
4. Should i stay with default kernel of carbon or use some other like Franco?

We already have the best possible ROM out there. Why to use another ROM?
I understand the need to use a custom kernel, but why a ROM for the Nexus?
Am I missing something?

doom

Journeyman
Hello guys
I've been facing two problems. First of all none of my contacts are syncing with Facebook nor my calendar despite having enabled it in the settings. And secondly my Bluetooth doesn't open when I click it from my notification bar or the Bluetooth menu. When I move the button to "on", it automatically moves back to "off". Is anyone having the same issue? Any solutions?

Ps- I just charged my phone 3 hrs back and the battery has dropped to 75%
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
The Bluetooth issues is common I saw in my friends N4, reboot will fix it for the time being. Don't know what causes this. @ areanalfan Greenify it needs root rite. One simple QN if I root will I still be able to receive updates?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
The Bluetooth issues is common I saw in my friends N4, reboot will fix it for the time being. Don't know what causes this. @ areanalfan Greenify it needs root rite. One simple QN if I root will I still be able to receive updates?

Afaik, if you are on Stock Kernel and recovery, you will be able to receive updates.
Please keep in mind that rooting and unlocking bootloader is not a one way process - it takes max 5 minutes to relock and un-root. There are many toolkits available for the same. You can check XDA for them.

Top Bottom