Google Nexus 4 Thread

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ Inorder to ZOOM - Join ur thumb and index finger together and keep it in the center of the screen and move ur fingers outward/inward to ZOOM out/in.

Hold the Icons(WiFi/BlueTooth) for 1-2 secs they will be turned ON.

Last edited:

doom

Journeyman
^ Inorder to ZOOM - Join ur thumb and index finger together and keep it in the center of the screen and move ur fingers outward/inward to ZOOM out/in.

Hold the Icons(WiFi/BlueTooth) for 1-2 secs they will be turned ON.

Ah thank you, you mean pinch zoom? And how to sync my phone contacts with FB? Is there a notification light or something to know when the phone's battery is full?

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ Yes Pinch n Zoom .

FB - Try This Setttings --> Accounts --> Select Facebook -->Select the Sync Options.

For the LED Notification Check this app - LIGHT FLOW

I also noticed that when we pull the notification window with 2 fingers, there is no GPS tab. And when we click on the wifi tab, it opens the wifi settings instead of just switching on the Wifi. Not anything major, but still feels awkward.
Install any custom ROM, u will get toggles at notification bar & long press to enter its settings......... Also custom ROM will give u option of selecting/deselcting toggles u want, rearrange their order & many more other features

doom

Journeyman
^ Yes Pinch n Zoom .

FB - Try This Setttings --> Accounts --> Select Facebook -->Select the Sync Options.

I have done this but nothing happens. I installed truecaller and using a tab named social or something I can sync my phone contacts with FB but it is done manually.

Install any custom ROM, u will get toggles at notification bar & long press to enter its settings......... Also custom ROM will give u option of selecting/deselcting toggles u want, rearrange their order & many more other features

Am not that keen to root my new N4 yet.

For the LED Notification Check this app - LIGHT FLOW

There seems to be no LED light so i dont think this app would work. Btw how to figure out the battery is full, I dont want to keep checking every hour or so.

doom

Journeyman
Doom there is a LED in the N4. Settings - Display - Pulse Notification - Check it.

Hmm just checked, the option is checked. But when I put the phone on charging, cant see any light. The LED is at the bottom of the phone right?

Ya, its at centre of bottom region. While charging LED doesn't glow. It will blink when u have have unread notification(which u got when ur phone was locked) & ur phone must be in locked state.......

doom

Journeyman
It sucks not being able to see a notification light while charging. Downloading lighflow, thanks Sudh4r

Does anyone know the reason why the led light is not showing while charging. I did the appropriate setting and even tried the demo when it says to lock your phone. I can see the LED blinking at that time.

Edit- I by mistake activated the sleep mode and the time was set from 12 am-6 am so I couldn't see any notification because of it. :p

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^ By default N4 will not show any notificatios light for charging & missed calls. for sms it lights up a white led.
Use light flow, it's fantastic.

chintan786

In the zone
I have two issues:

1. Require frequent chrging, battery life is poor compare to my Iphone 4. Is there anyway i can improve some what.

2. My wife like to change ring from given sound to some song from music app. is there anyway we can do tht.

regards,
chintan

I have two issues:

1. Require frequent chrging, battery life is poor compare to my Iphone 4. Is there anyway i can improve some what.

2. My wife like to change ring from given sound to some song from music app. is there anyway we can do tht.

regards,
chintan

1. I don't think battery life is poor. It easily lasts a day, which can be considered average for Android. Optimus G has better battery life though. Acc. to GSM Arena, N4 has endurance rating of 32h vs Optimus G has 45h. Screen on time is 5hr+. I don't feel lesser battery life after upgrading from S2 (endu. rating of 40hr).

You can try Greenify app for improving battery life, custom kernels & custom ROMs will also help. Underclocking the processor might help a bit

Charging from 5% to 100% takes 3 hrs, which is long though. I charge my phone everyday morning
2. connect it to pc in MTP mode and put ur desired song into -
Nexus 4 > Internal Storage > Ringtones

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Check my battery now. EVERYTHING ON STOCK NO ROOT.
4 hours + SOT :cool:

1.jpg

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Where did u see 50% or 70% mate? why would I lie. I am not gonna get any award for showing SOT here ... :-D

Top Bottom