Google Nexus 4 Thread

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
What does Google do in a Nexus device?

They choose a OEM, put in the latest OS, strike a deal with them,sell the DEV from PLAY STORE,and make profit from it.And when there is a update they push it first to the Nexus devices. So in fact it's a GOOGLE's DEVICE. I maybe WRONG, but this is want I THINK.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Why they give this opportunity to manufacture devices? Can't they do that themselves? And also why are they so cheap compared to other devices from the same manufacturer?

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Why they give this opportunity to manufacture devices? Can't they do that themselves? And also why are they so cheap compared to other devices from the same manufacturer?

Manufacturing their own devices means incurring lots of additional expenses like setting up manufacturing units, labor costs etc. which Google deems unnecessary.
The best option would be to develop software and then procure the hardware from a third party which already has the means. So it's a win-win situation for a "software" company like Google.

..and they are cheap because Google gets its revenue from other sources(primarily, advertisements and licensing ) which gives them liberty to lower the price for their devices which other manufacturers cannot afford to do.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
What does Google do in a Nexus device?

Nexus is the trademark of Google android devices. :)

May be in future Google will totally make their own devices. They own Motorola now.

You will forget Optimus G, HTC One X and whatever other phone in this budget around, when you use Google Nexus in your hand. I guarantee. Like iphones this nexus never lags at all. :)

rider

as Kratos
heyy shrey, how can be warranty be valid in India? The date of purchase is of April 2013 and the phone itself is launched now in India.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
That's what i meant fake it

Faking it will not work. Service center ppl just connect phone to their system & using serial no they find out whether it's under warranty or not + whether it's for this region or from some where else, or blacklisted serial no. [e.g. Those gray market pieces are generally blacklisted so will not get warranty even if a dealer gives u original bill]

shreymittal

Being Human
Faking it will not work. Service center ppl just connect phone to their system & using serial no they find out whether it's under warranty or not + whether it's for this region or from some where else, or blacklisted serial no. [e.g. Those gray market pieces are generally blacklisted so will not get warranty even if a dealer gives u original bill]

i dint knew that. thanks for the info

Top Bottom