Google+ : Google’s new Social Network

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
ok i cant figure this out...in my google + account..i cant see people who ive added when theyre online inthe chat list...i can only see the people from the chatlist in my gmail account?? what the hell is happening?

I don't think you can chat with the persons you have added in your circles. G+ is not "Meant" to be so. I think, to chat with someone, you would specially have to add them on Chat list.

i even enabled the chet in the circles
Which setting you are talking about?

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
^^He means that he has enabled the chat settings specifically to chat with all the circles.
I too did the same, but I can chat with only the ones who are in my Gmail List as well.... :(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you are talking about this Chat Settings, (below) then can you clarify where is the setting to "chat with all the circles"? :?

*img825.imageshack.us/img825/3492/googlechatsettings.png

RBX

In the zone
Don't you people get bored of social networking?

It's great to have a network. We have groups on FB for different purposes - news gets traveled way faster than it does using cell phones, they also facilitate info sharing quite an easy way.

Orkut used to have communities, FB groups are much more powerful. G+ needs something similar where people who are not in same circle can interact with each other.

R2K

In the Zone
Re: Your views on Google+

IMO google came up with Google+ only to weaken facebook's supremacy over the social networking world. And only time can prove how far google will succeed in this new venture.

Krow

Crowman

Invites please. This whole invite only approach is a total fail. I am genuinely interested though.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, Invites are working now, AFAIK.
So ask anyone here who wants to give invites, and come on G+ guys! There's still 20 days before it's open to public!
Lets enjoy the below title:

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lgrRQEk_4Ro/ThX2M0oq6ZI/AAAAAAAAAH4/uAVIVSgMjgs/photo.jpg

RizEon

Broken In
Stream = FB/twitter feed
Circles = Orkut friend groups-with additions (even the names are same as the old orkut ones)
Google +1 = FB like/share
Chat = same old..added video conferencing, group chat et al (aka hangout)
Sparks= basically like search results without having to type out the keywords all the time
About section of profile = FB+orkut

The first impression of G+ hasn't been that impressive, but maybe that'll change when I get a better connection and a some folks to try out the hangout feature

On the whole, not THE next big thing of social networking....atleast for now.

[edit] the site is quite clean...or maybe thats because I haven't added many people for now :D
PM for invites :)

Last edited:
OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer

Invites please. This whole invite only approach is a total fail. I am genuinely interested though.
The whole invite system here was based on an alternative broken method, although the invites seem to be back now. I'm open for PMs now.

Don't you get bored of social meetings? ;)

On a side note, we have got 20 more days until this place is noob-free.

R2K

In the Zone
I dont think we need another networking site. Facebook is more than enough. and the way facebook has got integrated in our lives (in Neespaper classifieds, TV news channels that small 'F' , blogs, games, etc) its not going to be easy to dethrone facebook. It wont happen in a year or two. The entire facebook revolution ant be rolled back so easily. Untill facebook makes a blunder(like ask its users to pay $$$) I dont feel any other Social Networking site can dethrone it (disregarding how good or bad it is)

Thats exactly what I wanted to say....

Also FB has become so powerful that its like a new medium of communication now.

Sometimes I too feel the same way :D but if there was no FB It wouldn't have been possible for me to talk to my old friends from school and know whats going on in their life... :)

BTW what do guys think abt twitter..:)

RizEon

Broken In
Mark Zuckerberg has the highest number of followers (134328 and counting) :razz:
*plus.google.com/104560124403688998123

abhidev

Human Spambot
Which is better Google+ or Facebook??

*www.redmondpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/facebook-vs-google-plus.png

Top Bottom